Alton Tarber 2022 NT

Advertisement
Are we still recruiting this kid? @Coach Macho seems our board is Durant and Lyons
There have been some concerns from several big programs (Miami included) about whether Tarber has a motor or not.
Last I heard, Miami wanted Tarber to come down there and workout for them.

It's a very legit concern. I don't blame them.

Advertisement
Interesting shift in DL recruiting. Tarber, Tawfiq - huge space eaters inside. I'm not sure if this is a change in Manny philosophy or is Simpson driving the change? Either way, we're looking to get more physical up front. Good stuff.

We haven’t been targeting these type guys as a priority? No way.

If true, wow.

I have said for years that the missing link on defense is a nose that can stymie a double team and reset the line scrimmage. Makes the middle linebacker’s job way easier.

I almost want this to be true because it could mean we got some monsters considering us that we didn’t make a priority.

There have been some concerns from several big programs (Miami included) about whether Tarber has a motor or not.

****. Hate to hear that, especially with big guys. I do think Coach Simpson could get that straighten out quickly though lol.

Paradise camp would have been a perfect opportunity.

Seemed to have a motor against Stranahan. Man among boys.
Motor isn't about talent it's all about desire and passion. If any team questions that especially for a dlineman it's not a something that just happens it's a ton of evidence. Now this is a HS kid so he's just talented as **** but in college you have to work and earn everything or else you'll fail so Paradise would've shown at least some evidence that he want to grind

Advertisement

The fact that they wanted him to workout and he didn’t immediately take the short drive to ease concerns probably didn’t help

I still want the big fella. He can put on even more weight?

Advertisement

I’m hoping y’all are in the kids ear

We haven’t been targeting these type guys as a priority? No way.

If true, wow.

I have said for years that the missing link on defense is a nose that can stymie a double team and reset the line scrimmage. Makes the middle linebacker’s job way easier.

I almost want this to be true because it could mean we got some monsters considering us that we didn’t make a priority.
Exactly. We have missed that for years and years. If we could somehow truly reestablish the middle, we could be truly dominant again.

Did he go?

Advertisement
I'd take the kid, as I really think he has heavy hands and a frame to be a beast.

But big kids without a motor are the most likely to bust archetype of player there is. Hope he figures it out and cashes in on his physical gifts.
If it were me making decisions, I'd take three DTs with him being one of them. I'd take the chance on him with his motor concerns as long as the other two DTs were guaranteed to be the opposite. With Durant seemingly about to commit soon, that'd be one DT with ZERO motor concerns. Take another one with high motor like Durant's and then take that chance on Tarber. If it doesn't work, you still have enough numbers to move forward. If it does >>>>>>>

**** that sucks. Meanwhile while you got other big boys out here like Tawfiq Thomas supposedly running 2 to miles a day on a tread mile to drop weight and improve his wind.

An supposedly he looked very fit at the rivals 5 star challenge. To demonstrate his athleticism he threw a tightly spiraled ball 60yds which is nuts.

Alton needs to be a Cane and if a 30 minute workout with Coach Simpso can solidify his offer then I am hoping he takes advantage of that before he loses the opportunity.

Go Canes

Last edited:

Not comparing the two, but iirc wasn’t there some motor concerns with Wilfork during his recruitment by some schools?

Advertisement
Back