Alton Tarber 2022 NT

Advertisement
Stack chips.

As Trob alluded to, there are only a limited amount of 'big guys who can move' on this planet. Take both and let them work out who starts. Can you imagine one of these two and LT in the middle in a few years?

Exactly college football is in an arms race for interior linemen. The $EC being a line of scrimmage league understands this for instance Bama just got a commitment from future war daddy 2022 DT Jaheim Oatis at 6'4" 350lbs. He was 6-foot-4, 286 pounds in the 8th grade, and posted a video of himself running a self-reported 4.7 40-yard dash at an Ole Miss camp.

And Georgia got a commitment from a 2022 future War daddy Bear Alexander who's nickname is "bear" and god lord if he isn't built and plays just like a bear.

An yet you have some folks talking about we need 260lbs DT'S. No we need 300+lbers that can run like they are 260lbs. Also we need several of them on the roster so they can be rotated during the game playing 20-25 snaps per game to keep them fresh.

Go Canes

Exactly college football is in an arms race for interior linemen. The $EC being a line of scrimmage league understands this for instance Bama just got a commitment from future war daddy 2022 DT Jaheim Oatis at 6'4" 350lbs. He was 6-foot-4, 286 pounds in the 8th grade, and posted a video of himself running a self-reported 4.7 40-yard dash at an Ole Miss camp.

And Georgia got a commitment from a 2022 future War daddy Bear Alexander who's nickname is "bear" and god lord if he isn't built and plays just like a bear.

An yet you have some folks talking about we need 260lbs DT'S. No we need 300+lbers that can run like they are 260lbs. Also we need several of them on the roster so they can be rotated during the game playing 20-25 snaps per game to keep them fresh.

Go Canes

He ran a 4.7 at 350lbs? If true, he's worth every cent.

It's good to know the bag schools already got their guys!!

He ran a 4.7 at 350lbs? If true, he's worth every cent.

It's good to know the bag schools already got their guys!!
No he was a 6'4" 286lbs 8th grader, when he ran that 4.7 sec 40yd time at a Mississippi camp. Bama offered him a few days later as an 8th grader.

Go Canes

Advertisement
I think we have enough of the tweener/athletic types in JHH, Roberts, Q Williams, Holley, etc. We need some beef to replace Ford and Miller.
I agree with you. I also believe Simpson has everything to do with the recruitment of this body type and skill set. It didn't take him long to make his presence known on the recruiting trail.

I think Miami's D-line is in good hands with recruiting, coaching and development.

Stud. Eats double-teams for lunch..............literally. Good power and leverage. Ragdolls guards with ease. Probably gives you very little in the way of pass rush but against the run guys like this are valuable. Maybe 25-28 snaps a game at most but dominates when he's in there. I would love to see him at 300-305 to see if he moves better laterally and explodes out of his stance at the snap better than he does now.

Advertisement

Go Canes

That’s a fast refrigerator

Stud. Eats double-teams for lunch..............literally. Good power and leverage. Ragdolls guards with ease. Probably gives you very little in the way of pass rush but against the run guys like this are valuable. Maybe 25-28 snaps a game at most but dominates when he's in there. I would love to see him at 300-305 to see if he moves better laterally and explodes out of his stance at the snap better than he does now.
I'd like to think that if we can get Tarber and Cameron Williams here, Coach Feeley will turn them into killers.

Advertisement
IMO "if" you have an opportunity to get 2 guys that can push, stack or wreck the middle, you disregard numbers. Tarber and Tawfiq are two guys and the type of DT, 310+, I wish we would focus on. Do that and our defense would be a powerhouse again.

Interesting shift in DL recruiting. Tarber, Tawfiq - huge space eaters inside. I'm not sure if this is a change in Manny philosophy or is Simpson driving the change? Either way, we're looking to get more physical up front. Good stuff.
And it's about time. We've got to quit chasing every 260 pounder with the intent on beefing them up to be DTs. We always need fast twitch 3Ts for speed inside, but in order to hang with OSU, Bama, Clemson, LSU, UGA.... we need a big mean gorilla at 1T to pair with a fast 3T or we'll get our &hit pushed in.

You line this kid over the shoulder of any C, and they've got a big problem on their hands.

Win the battle for the big mama's and Miami will get their grown *** big babies.

#BigThighsMakeBigLives

Go Canes
Paranos: We need to keep you on the payroll to recruit the "Big Mommas". With the Big Mammas dropping for your very convincing statements the kids will soon follow

Advertisement
IMO "if" you have an opportunity to get 2 guys that can push, stack or wreck the middle, you disregard numbers. Tarber and Tawfiq are two guys and the type of DT, 310+, I wish we would focus on. Do that and our defense would be a powerhouse again.
I’m less high on Tawfiq. We don’t need a space filler. D isn’t designed for it. Tarber moves like an SEC DL. Tawfiq isn’t as quick fast or explosive. I’m generally in agreement that bigger DTs may be a good idea for striker and smaller LB back 7. But that looks to me like a kid like Tarber, LT etc. We ain’t goin back to dorito two gap fillers.

I’m less high on Tawfiq. We don’t need a space filler. D isn’t designed for it. Tarber moves like an SEC DL. Tawfiq isn’t as quick fast or explosive. I’m generally in agreement that bigger DTs may be a good idea for striker and smaller LB back 7. But that looks to me like a kid like Tarber, LT etc. We ain’t goin back to dorito two gap fillers.
Have you seen Tawfiq's latest from Rivals Miami camp where he won Dline MVP. He has worked on improving his get off, altough he does play to high.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back