Allison transferring

Caution: This study was based on extremely flawed data. High school stats are inflated by coaches, competition, and style of play. A kid playing 3A ball in MO isn't the same as what Allison played in Florida, for example.

I did an analytics study of high school QB's last year and I did not find a single QB who went on to have FBS success with as poor of numbers as Allison had in high school.

At the conclusion of the study I thought Allison wouldn't play here because I stay away from outliers. I liked what I saw on tape from the kid, but to believe in him meant believing in a unicorn. Outliers do exist, but you don't get rich relying on them.

The stats for Artur have me worried as well, but he's got a chance to turn it around this season.

Basically, my eyes liked Allison, but my numbers were where my head should've stayed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
And If he is a coward to the board I guess board fave Colbert should be looked at as a coward now too since he transferred to Miami because he wasn't able to breakthrough at Texas. Or are you just a hypocrite.

Colbert was a graduate transfer.
yes fully aware... so?
he left for same reason, opportunity. We have tons of grads who don't leave their last year. Sorry if you can't understand the analogy.

If you can't understand the difference between a grad transfer leaving for his final season and a redshirt freshman throwing in the towel in the middle of an open QB competition, I can't help you.

Throwing in the towel? If as many suggest, the system has changed to one he's not suited, he's not one of the "coaches guys", the real competition begins until Perry arrives; he's probably feels at this point, it's not a level playing field and it's a foregone conclusion. And I'm almost certain that once the spring practice's completed, Richt at down with each QB gave them a reality check on where they stood.

I don't blame him for moving on and doing a reset while he has time.

IMG_20170221_101607.jpg
RPO worked out great for Mariota!
Remember who visited this off season?
JS! I bow down to Pete! Perry is DA Man!

I'm pretty new to this site so I don't get some things, but what's up with all the typos? Are they planned? Is Kayak an inside joke name for Kayaa? Just one example, but I'm curious.

yes

bard kayak is his most well known name here

Advertisement
Caution: This study was based on extremely flawed data. High school stats are inflated by coaches, competition, and style of play. A kid playing 3A ball in MO isn't the same as what Allison played in Florida, for example.

I did an analytics study of high school QB's last year and I did not find a single QB who went on to have FBS success with as poor of numbers as Allison had in high school.

At the conclusion of the study I thought Allison wouldn't play here because I stay away from outliers. I liked what I saw on tape from the kid, but to believe in him meant believing in a unicorn. Outliers do exist, but you don't get rich relying on them.

The stats for Artur have me worried as well, but he's got a chance to turn it around this season.

Basically, my eyes liked Allison, but my numbers were where my head should've stayed.

What other types of conclusions do you draw from extremely flawed data?

Im a big fan of shoddy inconclusive data analysis myself, so not knocking the process. Just curious as to what other types of extremely flawed data analysis this journalistic entity will produce in the near future.

It shouldn't be too much of a surprise that if someone can't get it done in HS it's very unlikely they'll get it done in college.....

So you think Rick was dumb enough to implement a system that required a running QB when he had the least mobile QB in college football because he wanted to recruit mobile QBs in the future? You can't be this dim.

I think he implemented a system that effectively uses the QB as a threat to run bc he feels that gives him the best chance to win a title.. Not having the personnel to win immediately is collateral damage.

From a source in the program before he transferred

1. Allison didn't do **** last year and chased pu$$y and drank his way like a normal college freshman. Never took the bull by the horns and prepared like he would be the guy his year.

2. He doesn't have it up there. Honestly kinda airhead like and didn't have a grasp of the playbook and took way too much time to make reads

3. First scrimmage when he got knocked out was right after a pick and a fumble. Not good under pressure

4. Not what Richt wants in a qb now. I can't blame him bc we've never had a running threat which is so critical these days

It's a shame but it's really hard to recruit the mental aspect of the position. Good luck to him

Maybe if enough of us close to the program say it, people will believe it?

Advertisement
You don't see the crystal clear logic in the 3rd string QB quitting clearing the way for Perry to start? Wake up.

Would you rather win 8 or 9 games with guys like sheriffs or rosier or a talented guy with way more upside?

I'd rather win at least 10 games and the Coastal with whatever fūcking guy gives us the best chance to do that. I don't care who it is.

We dont have that on the roster.
So our only chance is totally untested freshman who couldn't enroll early to even learn the system in time to start conference play?

That's about right.

Talked to him a bit this morning, didn't get into too much detail but we got pretty close this past year when he was scout team QB. I wish he was staying but support what he thinks is best. I think he can be a very good QB for someone if he gets into the right system. I'd like to see him in an air raid or an offense with quick simple reads. Overall he's a great kid, just doesn't work out for everyone

Advertisement

That's pretty telling if you couldn't find even one outlier. Curious what stats you were looking at?

Oh look guys another delusional "bro, we good with 2 rbs bro" "bro, fvck having a senior QB come back to lead this team bro" "a 170lb true freshman QB is going to be great bro"

Any valid criticism on the program and this board goes into full sob mode. It takes the 4th year of Golden's tenure for guys like you to see what's happening

Valid criticism is deserved, I've given Rick plenty of it especially regarding his playcalling and offensive approach since it resulted in L's during the L streak last year.

Your pvssy lips are flapping about shīt basically out of his control. The 3rd/4th string QB deciding to transfer because he couldn't and wouldn't keep up and/or had accuracy issues.

Somebody whose trajectory looked like it was going to be way down at the end of the bench, and you're hyperventilating like you need smelling salts and a fainting couch like some chick.

It's more than Allison, the fact that you don't get that from what I've been saying is unsettling. And furthermore, yes, I'd argue a highly touted redshirt freshman just off completing his first year at the school is an asset that could prove itself in the future. Whether it be by actually starting or building depth at the position and enhancing competition -- all things legit programs have at virtually every position.

But go ahead, be Mr. Critical, but at the same time see nothing wrong with the fact that Kaaya left to be a 5th round pick, Yearby left to go undrafted, and Gus and Allison transferred.

Remind me again, what are the two positions that have the biggest question marks/concerns heading into next season?

And If he is a coward to the board I guess board fave Colbert should be looked at as a coward now too since he transferred to Miami because he wasn't able to breakthrough at Texas. Or are you just a hypocrite.

Colbert was a graduate transfer.
yes fully aware... so?
he left for same reason, opportunity. We have tons of grads who don't leave their last year. Sorry if you can't understand the analogy.

If you can't understand the difference between a grad transfer leaving for his final season and a redshirt freshman throwing in the towel in the middle of an open QB competition, I can't help you.

Throwing in the towel? If as many suggest, the system has changed to one he's not suited, he's not one of the "coaches guys", the real competition begins until Perry arrives; he's probably feels at this point, it's not a level playing field and it's a foregone conclusion. And I'm almost certain that once the spring practice's completed, Richt at down with each QB gave them a reality check on where they stood.

I don't blame him for moving on and doing a reset while he has time.

You clowns are acting like Rick suddenly installed the triple option.

Allison quit because he couldn't beat out two bums. Get that through your heads. He quit because he didn't want to compete with Rosier and Shirreffs.

This narrative about the system suddenly changing is one being advanced by Allison's stage mom to make it seem like him and his son didn't quit as a RS Freshman in the middle of what should have been a winnable QB battle.

Advertisement
if the kid is leaving it is on the kid. he might have a good reason or he might have a bad reason but its on him. how do you fault the staff that clearly would play anyone at QB that gave them the best chance to win. when players leave 90% of the time its because they were buried on the depth chart and they thought they could play elsewhere.

He can't sell a guy on competing for the starting job? If not for this year next year? He can't get creative enough with a pitch to have him stay when for the sake of depth we really need him?

Richt has lost 4 players this year that were absolute position of need. I'm beginning to see a pattern.

Pattern I am noticing is that these were all guys recruited by the last coach and were falling in the depth charts

What depth chart were the RB's falling behind? The other guys recruited by the same coach as walton and homer?

The four guys that could've stayed another year, now five with Jack, we lost this offseason were needed. Regardless if it was because they could contribute or they were just needed for depth.

yes, those guys. They were falling in the charts not getting enough playing time for a variety of reasons and I suspect did not feel any sense of loyalty to Richt. And just so you know Walton WAS recruited by Richt.

Gus and Yearby were falling in the depth chart? By falling do you mean ahead of Homer? And if you honestly think A. Yearby isn't currently better than Homer and B. losing those guys is no biggie than I don't know what to tell you.

Oh look guys another delusional "bro, we good with 2 rbs bro" "bro, fvck having a senior QB come back to lead this team bro" "a 170lb true freshman QB is going to be great bro"

Any valid criticism on the program and this board goes into full sob mode. It takes the 4th year of Golden's tenure for guys like you to see what's happening

Valid criticism is deserved, I've given Rick plenty of it especially regarding his playcalling and offensive approach since it resulted in L's during the L streak last year.

Your pvssy lips are flapping about shīt basically out of his control. The 3rd/4th string QB deciding to transfer because he couldn't and wouldn't keep up and/or had accuracy issues.

Somebody whose trajectory looked like it was going to be way down at the end of the bench, and you're hyperventilating like you need smelling salts and a fainting couch like some chick.

It's more than Allison, the fact that you don't get that from what I've been saying is unsettling. And furthermore, yes, I'd argue a highly touted redshirt freshman just off completing his first year at the school is an asset that could prove itself in the future. Whether it be by actually starting or building depth at the position and enhancing competition -- all things legit programs have at virtually every position.

But go ahead, be Mr. Critical, but at the same time see nothing wrong with the fact that Kaaya left to be a 5th round pick, Yearby left to go undrafted, and Gus and Allison transferred.

Remind me again, what are the two positions that have the biggest question marks/concerns heading into next season?

Straw man arguments.

Tell me what Rick could have done to convince a 3rd/4th stringer, that was going to sit on the bench but wanted to play, to stay.

Kaaya was leaving no matter what. If you don't get that, or the influence his handlers and advisors had, you're as dumb as your posts.

Yearby and Gus same thing as Allison, they wanted reps they weren't going to get. Yearby had money pressures as well. Gus wasn't going to get reps and he didn't want to sit around hoping Walton got injured.

But ignore those reasons and ask yourself what program in any sports, at any level, doesn't have significant turnover within 12-18 months of the new regime. Sometimes it's at positions you wouldn't want it to happen at, but it's normal and to be expected. If you've followed sports at all, using your male brain, rather than your female hormones, you would know this.

I suppose the writing was on the wall when Richt relegated him to co-clipboard holder along with Testaverde after the last scrimmage. The opportunity was there for the taking but if you can't beat out Rosier and Sherrifs, you're probably never going to play a meaningful down here. Best of luck to him.

From a source in the program before he transferred

1. Allison didn't do **** last year and chased pu$$y and drank his way like a normal college freshman. Never took the bull by the horns and prepared like he would be the guy his year.

2. He doesn't have it up there. Honestly kinda airhead like and didn't have a grasp of the playbook and took way too much time to make reads

3. First scrimmage when he got knocked out was right after a pick and a fumble. Not good under pressure

4. Not what Richt wants in a qb now. I can't blame him bc we've never had a running threat which is so critical these days

It's a shame but it's really hard to recruit the mental aspect of the position. Good luck to him

Maybe if enough of us close to the program say it, people will believe it?

Allison didnt do enough here to warrant a potential 50 page thread which this will turn into shortly. But my 2 cents..

1) So tired of hearing the "He partied too much. Chased girls. Drank like a fish and acted like a college kid." (same thing was said about Jeff James, Jovani Haskins, MIrvin2, etc)... No ****! They ARE college kids. I dont give a **** if my QB or any player for that matter snorts coke on the weekends, chases **** stars and is the lead promoter for club LIV in between practice and study hall..just win games! Clearly he wasnt the guy to do it but it had nothing to do with him wanting to have fun and chase chicks. Kaaya was a model citizen and never partied and not only did he never win a big game for us but many on here said we were better off without him. (shrugs)

2) I guess I am the only person who thought this kid was from Miami Palmetto? LMAO. Found out in this thread that he was from the other Palmetto in central Fla. ****. Dont matter anymore now.

Advertisement
Back