Allison transferring

I know it's the cool kid thing to say that our recruits are always disrespected by the services but....

How many highly ranked complete busts do we need to see come through here before we admit our guys are consistently overrated and overhyped because of the Miami name? We get the same stupid bumps other big name schools get but hey that doesn't fit the narrative.

This is such a dumb post.

Having a few guys not cut it doesn't mean we get the same bumps as everyone else. 21,000 posts and you still don't understand that

Advertisement
What makes YOU think it will happen? You have zero basis or foundation to think that that would happen. I mean, one or two quarterbacks on the roster is a real bad position to be in. Just seems like you're pulling for that to happen, because you have no reason to think it would happen.

Hmm let's see, Richt was unable to convince Yearby and Gus when we desperately needed them back. And now we lose the only current QB on the roster from schools worth a ****.

So no, I do have reason to think it would happen.
if the kid is leaving it is on the kid. he might have a good reason or he might have a bad reason but its on him. how do you fault the staff that clearly would play anyone at QB that gave them the best chance to win. when players leave 90% of the time its because they were buried on the depth chart and they thought they could play elsewhere.

He can't sell a guy on competing for the starting job? If not for this year next year? He can't get creative enough with a pitch to have him stay when for the sake of depth we really need him?

Richt has lost 4 players this year that were absolute position of need. I'm beginning to see a pattern.

I'm beginning to see a pattern that your brain cells aren't all firing.

Oh look guys another delusional "bro, we good with 2 rbs bro" "bro, fvck having a senior QB come back to lead this team bro" "a 170lb true freshman QB is going to be great bro"

Any valid criticism on the program and this board goes into full sob mode. It takes the 4th year of Golden's tenure for guys like you to see what's happening

Advertisement
Which transfers have been successful at other schools?

Randy moss, joe flacco, cam newton....

LOL at Randy Moss and Cam Newton being "transfers."

Wtf were they then?

Moss and Newton were dismissed from FSU and UF for disciplinary reasons. Yes, they transferred to other schools, but neither left because of a lack of future playing time. Moss would have absolutely killed at FSU, and Newton likely the same as Meyer's replacement for Tebow.

Did you watch UGA play? He hasn't changed his identity. Why the fck would he change his identity anyway knowing Kaaya was his QB? There's never been a more immobile QB in football. You make no sense.

He is in the process of changing it (personnel takes time). Any good coach will adapt to his players strengths. Kayak obviously couldn't handle what he was trying to do so we saw the offense change late in the season. I think you will continue to see little changes.. more QB runs, less FB, more spread, etc.

So he changed the system to fit a QB who isn't on the team yet and hasn't even practiced? Allison was a top guy but Rick insisted on changing the system to fit guys he doesn't have yet? OK.

Can't expect to win games with a weak minded QB, one less problem to worry about

Richt runs a "pro style" system too.

Perhaps I worded that wrong. Richt doesn't want a pocket passer.. but you are correct.

Yeah. That's why he recruited Jacob Eason so hard and got him to commit to UGA before he got fired.

I forgot he can't change identities on offense when starting over at a new school.. especially considering the local talent. It's not like he would run the 3-4 and then change over to the 4-3... Oh wait.

New article in the herald says the reason Allison left is that Richt wants a dual threat guy at QB for now and in the future according to his dad,

“He loves Miami. We all love Miami, but the whole direction of the program is they want a running quarterback – a dual-threat quarterback,’’ Allison’s father said. “They want a different wrinkle in their offense.

Read more here: Here's why Jack Allison chose to leave the Miami Hurricanes | Miami Herald

I'd have so much more respect if Jack himself had said this. Moreso if he'd told the truth: "I couldn't beat out two QBs and Perry is on the way so I'm transferring to another school for an opportunity to start."

Advertisement
Which transfers have been successful at other schools?

Wtf were they then?

Moss and Newton were dismissed from FSU and UF for disciplinary reasons. Yes, they transferred to other schools, but neither left because of a lack of future playing time. Moss would have absolutely killed at FSU, and Newton likely the same as Meyer's replacement for Tebow.

Most know those back stories. But, they transferred nonetheless.

Franchise was just being a prick.

Richt has his pecking order in place now. Perry starts and Sits redshirts.Perry hands the keys to Sits.Somewhere during this transition we win a ring.

Wtf were they then?

You were just being a dumb cvnt. Stick to serial downvoting like the down low pvssy you are.

Advertisement

Wtf were they then?

You were just being a dumb cvnt. Stick to serial downvoting like the down low pvssy you are.

You deserve to be downvoted on the regular. You're a joke.

It's telling that you're all in your feelings about it, though.

If he was obviously the most talented QB on the roster and couldn't get past the 3rd string position. It's clear to me something wasn't clicking preparation, maturity etc....... Seems to me he doesn't have confidence in his abilities or doesn't want to compete. He had all summer to improve his position. And he had a Year and a half Head start on the only QB who was possibly better than him talent wise.

Advertisement
Maybe what Richt saw was a QB who was perhaps more interested in campus life/girlfriend than the complete dedication it takes to lead this football team forward. It's a tough assignment & you'd better have your head screwed on straight & be a student of the game. Some QB's just aren't cut out for football 24/7 with their nose in the playbook all the time. Best of luck to him.

Sucks. I called this months ago. He has the best arm on the team but obviously CMR saw something he really didn't like. Hope he was right.

So he changed the system to fit a QB who isn't on the team yet and hasn't even practiced? Allison was a top guy but Rick insisted on changing the system to fit guys he doesn't have yet? OK.

He implemented the system which he considered best for the future of the program, recruited the player he thought would most efficiently run said system.. & attrition was the result. Try to keep up.

I know it's the cool kid thing to say that our recruits are always disrespected by the services but....

How many highly ranked complete busts do we need to see come through here before we admit our guys are consistently overrated and overhyped because of the Miami name? We get the same stupid bumps other big name schools get but hey that doesn't fit the narrative.

I think a bigger problem is people can't assume 4* = automatic future starter. Look how many 4* guys don't succeed at the college level at different programs. I don't believe in the our guys ranked lower than other schools because xyz narrative. There are a lot of talented high schoolers across the country

Wtf were they then?

You deserve to be downvoted on the regular. You're a joke.

It's telling that you're all in your feelings about it, though.

It's more telling that you care enough to sneak around serial downvoting like a little pvssy. It's hard not to notice when you follow me everywhere like a wounded little bytch.

Advertisement
Back