Alin Edouard Miami Herald article

Everybody knew Kelly was gone after the Gator Bowl against Georgia Tech. They split time and it was obvious Dorsey was the superior quarterback and would win the job.

It's funny, because when I look back at the box score of that game it looks like Kelly played better. Yet there wasn't a single Canes fan I knew at the time who didn't think Dorsey was the guy going forward.

Advertisement
[]_[]nique-31;1498484 said:
He was being nice when he said trusts Coley. I don't see why everyone is on Alin as if he is the shady one in this situation. He committed in February and yesterday was the first time Coley reached out to him. Every other current commit and most recruits constantly talk about the constant contact they get from our coaches. UM has allowed doubt to creep into his head, that's not his fault. Those that pushed for him to commit two seconds after he was offered are now just as quick to ask for his decommittment. The staff definitely isn't perfect because they are human. It's not always the kids that mess **** up.

Good post. This staff is not beyond reproach.

This wouldn't be the first time they bungle a highly-touted local kid's recruitment.

LULZ at this lameness. What have they bungled with this guy? And he isn't really all that highly touted either. Dude threw 9 TDs and 9 INTs. I could roll out of bed and do that before I even take my morning ****.

I refer you to this post, in the thread about Edouard committing:

E-mail exchange with Andre Fernandez, the guy in charge of the Miami Herald's HS Football Coverage:

My e-mail:
I am very intrigued by the commitment of Alin Edouard. Seeing his listed stats in the Herald database has me a bit confused (somewhere along the lines of 900 yards passing, 9 TDs and 9 INTs) because his recruiting articles list better stats (something like 1900 yards passing and closer to 20 TDs).

Due to this, I wanted to inquire with you as to what his actual season stats were and if the Herald stats are possibly a result of Hialeah failing to update/report the full season stats.

Thanks

Andre Fernandez's response:
Fernandez, Andre
12:06 PM (0 minutes ago)

That's exactly what it was. We likely didn't go to every single Hialeah game this year and the school never followed up to update his numbers.

Thanks,
Andre

He did not have 9/9, the school just didn't give enough ***** to update his stats. Can we pin this or crown gcane44 retroactively or what?

Last edited:
Regardless of what Edouard does it is apparent that Coley looks at a qb prospect as a qb first and athlete second.
You see Kaaya's tape and your first thought is that he is a **** of a qb. Good athlete but a great qb prospect.
Edouard's tape screams athlete. Doesn't really scream great qb.
You need a good to great qb to win. He doesn't need to be a world class athletic freak.
Everyone's in love with Kapaernick, Newton and RGIII but those great qb's who are also great athletes are extremely rare.
Rarer still is the great athlete playing qb who leads his team to a College NC. Newton, Tebow, Vince Young, Tommie Frazier, Charlie Ward.
The list is not long.
Look at us. At Miami have we ever had a world class athlete masquerading as a qb ever win us anything? We've never had a qb at Miami that was anywhere close to the
athlete Kenny Kelly was yet we've had 5 qb's win us a NC not including Vinny and Jim Kelly.
Another thing to think about: Who was the last LOCAL qb prospect at Miami that won a championship of any kind? A Bowl Game?
Jacory right and hopefully Morris this year, but other then those two who else? Have we ever had a local qb prospect develop into anything at Miami?
Just putting that out there for all you people saying we should offer local qb's before out of state stars.

Alin Edouard #10 ‏@ALLEN_EDWARD2 now
OUT OF PRACTICE , JAMES COLEY CAME BY AND SPENT THE REST OF THE DAY WATCHING ME PRACTICE

Advertisement
He was being nice when he said trusts Coley. I don't see why everyone is on Alin as if he is the shady one in this situation. He committed in February and yesterday was the first time Coley reached out to him. Every other current commit and most recruits constantly talk about the constant contact they get from our coaches. UM has allowed doubt to creep into his head, that's not his fault. Those that pushed for him to commit two seconds after he was offered are now just as quick to ask for his decommittment. The staff definitely isn't perfect because they are human. It's not always the kids that mess **** up.

This wouldn't be the first time they bungle a highly-touted local kid's recruitment.

LULZ at this lameness. What have they bungled with this guy? And he isn't really all that highly touted either. Dude threw 9 TDs and 9 INTs. I could roll out of bed and do that before I even take my morning ****.

E-mail exchange with Andre Fernandez, the guy in charge of the Miami Herald's HS Football Coverage:

My e-mail:
I am very intrigued by the commitment of Alin Edouard. Seeing his listed stats in the Herald database has me a bit confused (somewhere along the lines of 900 yards passing, 9 TDs and 9 INTs) because his recruiting articles list better stats (something like 1900 yards passing and closer to 20 TDs).

Due to this, I wanted to inquire with you as to what his actual season stats were and if the Herald stats are possibly a result of Hialeah failing to update/report the full season stats.

Thanks

Fernandez, Andre

That's exactly what it was. We likely didn't go to every single Hialeah game this year and the school never followed up to update his numbers.

Thanks,
Andre

He did not have 9/9, the school just didn't give enough ****s to update his stats. Can we pin this or crown gcane44 retroactively or what?

I've seen nothing definitive that convinces me he wasn't a 9/9 guy. If others are convinced by that, then that's OK for them.

He threw 9 Tds and 9 picks last year. He is a project. Not every black, tall, fast QB is Vince Young(as many on this board proclaimed him). More Crudups than Youngs out there.

Advertisement
For the prom reference, Edouard knew that it was a 2 QB class. He was told from the beginning.

I don't understand how the narrative turned negative on Miami all of a sudden. Kaaya is the second QB. If there is a third, which I doubt, then it's time to worry.

The coaches called you as soon as it went public to reassure you that you that your offer (to play QB!) was still valid.

Like I said, I don't get it.

It turned, because apparently Coley has not had any contact with the kid in two months, assuming Alin is being truthful.

I would prefer to keep Edouard over Rozier simply because he's part of a circle of Miami kids we are recruiting and keeping kids home encourages more kids to stay home.

I would rather take the best QB that wants to be a Cane. Do we want someone who is average? (not saying Edouard is! If I were a top local kid, I want the best QB available so we can win championships. It would make no difference where he came from or if his color is bright purple, winning is the name of the game at Miami. Win and they will come!

I would prefer to keep Edouard over Rozier simply because he's part of a circle of Miami kids we are recruiting and keeping kids home encourages more kids to stay home.

I would rather take the best QB that wants to be a Cane. Do we want someone who is average? (not saying Edouard is! If I were a top local kid, I want the best QB available so we can win championships. It would make no difference where he came from or if his color is bright purple, winning is the name of the game at Miami. Win and they will come!

Is there a big enough difference between Edouard and Rozier? If Rozier is a little bit better, I'd take Edouard. If Rozier is hands down better, I'd take Rozier.

Advertisement

My e-mail:

Thanks

Fernandez, Andre

Thanks,
Andre

He did not have 9/9, the school just didn't give enough ****s to update his stats. Can we pin this or crown gcane44 retroactively or what?

Here we go again. Yeah, that's what the herald reporter said, but then when you go click on the actual game summaries, every single game for the season is listed with all of the stats. I mean you have individual rushing yards, attempts, fumbles, everything, yet we are supposed to believe that somehow they just didn't update Edouard's numbers in the game summary? As I said way back when when someone was supposed to check into it, that doesn't make any sense. I'm going to dig up the links in a few for everyone to see. Like I said previously, every single game had it's own individual game summary with a variety of different statistics listed, but yet somehow his numbers were incomplete. Ummm, ok.

Regardless of what Edouard does it is apparent that Coley looks at a qb prospect as a qb first and athlete second.
You see Kaaya's tape and your first thought is that he is a **** of a qb. Good athlete but a great qb prospect.
Edouard's tape screams athlete. Doesn't really scream great qb.
You need a good to great qb to win. He doesn't need to be a world class athletic freak.
Everyone's in love with Kapaernick, Newton and RGIII but those great qb's who are also great athletes are extremely rare.
Rarer still is the great athlete playing qb who leads his team to a College NC. Newton, Tebow, Vince Young, Tommie Frazier, Charlie Ward.
The list is not long.
Look at us. At Miami have we ever had a world class athlete masquerading as a qb ever win us anything? We've never had a qb at Miami that was anywhere close to the athlete Kenny Kelly was yet we've had 5 qb's win us a NC not including Vinny and Jim Kelly.
Id beg to differ on Edouard not being a "QB" prospect. Hes got one of the nicest releases ive seen from an athletic quarterback that hasent even played his senior season of high school. Not to mention his accuracy, which might even be better than Kaayas based on what ive seen so far out of both. Yeah, everyone is in love with Kaps, Newton, and RGIII, and they have a right to be. This isnt the NFL. Its proven that you Can win with an athletic quarterback. Taint and Braxton Miller very well could have played for the chip this year barring the postseason bowl bands. Have you ever seen Braxton Miller throw a football? Id be willing to bet what ive got in my pocket now that Edouard throws a better ball as a Jr in high school thaan Braxton does entering his heisman campaign year @ Taint. Taj Boyd wins, Mike Vick won, Troy Smith won, Newton won, Vince Young won. Its a different game today..

Advertisement
“That doesn’t bother me in terms of who committed or didn’t commit,” Rosier said. “I understand there will be competition anywhere I go. Even if there’s no one this year, what about last year, or the year before that? That’s part of the deal with being a college quarterback. My thing is the more competition, the better, I honestly like adversity. I know succeeding through that will make me a better person.”

Compare that with Edouard............

Is there a big enough difference between Edouard and Rozier? If Rozier is a little bit better, I'd take Edouard. If Rozier is hands down better, I'd take Rozier.

THIS right here. This is the most logical approach. If Rozier is clearly a better prospect, you take him, if its close, you go with the local kid to build the community support and help recruiting.

1775 is right. For the 100th time. Edouard's stats from last year are WRONG. He did have a much better season than the Herald reported, they just never updated his stats.

Is it just me, or does it seem like our dirty laundry gets aired out in the media more than any other program? Always some **** controversy and very little positive news.

Advertisement
Back