Alin Edouard Miami Herald article

Red flags are popping up all over with this project. Says if offered he will be solid and recruit others. He has not done either since day 1. He says Coley has never contacted him til that day (FB message was first contact). Says coley doesnt return calls. However, above is two articles where the project says coley hits him up almost every day. Now we are lead to believe we want him as a WR. Lol.

Advertisement
So which is it?

Another factor that has weakened his commitment status is the lack of contact with his main recruiter, Coach James Coley.

“I haven’t talked to him often at all, I’ve even tried calling him and he doesn’t answer.”

http://canesinsight.com/threads/52822-Edouard-Gives-the-Latest

Edouard, who only took a few snaps in Saturday’s scrimmage against Oakland Park Northeast before thunderstorms ended the event, said that his relationship with Miami is fine despite reasons to believe otherwise.

“I talk with coach [James] Coley quite a bit,” Edouard said. “Usually on Facebook or something like that.”

http://www.fuelrecruiting.com/no-surprise-edouard-looking-around

Edouard, who committed to UM in February and was offered a scholarship by former UM assistant Mario Cristobal (now at Alabama), said new UM offensive coordinator James Coley communicated with him for the first time Monday — via a private message on Facebook.

“I had no previous communication with Coach Coley at all,” said Edouard, rated by Rivals as the 16th best dual-threat quarterback. “I’m guessing either they don’t really want me, or it’s just something that happened. He asked me on Facebook if I trusted him and I said, ‘Yeah, I trust you, but I don’t want to change my position [to receiver or anything else].’

Don't tell me there was that big of a twisting of words. Sorry, I call bull****.

If you want to decommit, then decommit. But don't get caught up in your own lies while trying to look for a reason.

This post is. Wong glossed over big time here.

Why is that? Is it because it doesn't fit the narrative

How can people actually believe that yesterday was the first time that Edouard talked to Coley? I saw a ton of kids at the Spring game around the coaches.

Am I supposed to believe Coley ignored him like a middle school girl while Alin was there?

Come on...repeat the narrative to yourself. It is VERY tough to believe.

I don't want to sound all 5Xy, but what's happening here seems very obvious, and it's the exact opposite of what you're implying. Ragging on the kid is extremely misplaced. I could be wrong, but this seems clear to me - we like other kids better and we're having difficulty breaking up without it turning into a complete disaster because we know we botched it and we know how it will be perceived in the area. Eduoard is a great kid.... I never got into the Twitter thing before last year, but reading these kids thoughts you really get a good picture of their character. This kid is a great kid who freaking loves the U and is feeling hurt - not because of the multiple QB thing (at least not mostly) but because of how we're handling everything. That's just my perspective, and I'll repeat that I could be dead wrong. He's smart enough to see the writing on the wall but he's STILL sticking with us and sort of forcing the coaches to tell him off. He's not a jerk prima donna, he's a super fan.

Swag,

The coaches called him 2min after the commitment broke and just went to his school to visit him and ensure that he was still on board.
If the coaches didn't give a ****, they would have just kept going w/o giving the kid any attention at all. The coaches have reached to him 4 times in the last 24hrs.

Does that fit the profile of ignore him until he drops off?

It is obvious to me the kid doesn't really want to compete even though he knew that it was a 2 QB class. When he first committed he made some statements about wanting to be the only QB in the class.

Why do we consistently **** up local recruiting?

Because we live in the one part of the country with the highest butthurt quotient.

The worst part about it is gonna be watching Deon Bush play for the Tide this fall, and Tracy for the Gators, and Artie for LSU, and Jamal for Clemson, and Coley for the Noles, and Grace and Waters for Louisville.

Advertisement
The problem with these articles is that they are totally one sided. Coaches are not allowed to comment.

I never thought Alin sounded firm - was it just me?

All these communications with his buddies at Louisville, and other suggestions he may not be real firm did nothing to give me confidence in his commitment.

Like the guy who's wife *****ed that he never told her he loved her - "I told you 20 years ago, and if I change my mind, I'll lst you know."

Sounds like he's uncertain, wanted that attention from some other schools, and once word gets out that Kaaya was being heavily recruited in addition to others, he realized he done crapped his nest. Wanted firm, daily reassurance, and wasn't getting it. Can't baby these guys, otherwise, you'll never get anything else done.

I don't think he's worried about switching to wr. His coach mentioned something about "if there's a logjam at qb...," so it seems pretty obvious he's worried about switching from QB to 4 year 1st string clipboard holder.
He seems pretty social media adept so I'm sure he's seen Kaaya's film, which impresses anyone.
When you have 4-5 qb's on the roster and they are all accomplished as high schoolers, the sad part is 1 is happy and the rest are looking for greener pastures.
The reality of big time college football is the same as the NFL: only the best make it and only the best of the best progress to the next level.

I don't think he's worried about switching to wr. His coach mentioned something about "if there's a logjam at qb...," so it seems pretty obvious he's worried about switching from QB to 4 year 1st string clipboard holder.
He seems pretty social media adept so I'm sure he's seen Kaaya's film, which impresses anyone.
When you have 4-5 qb's on the roster and they are all accomplished as high schoolers, the sad part is 1 is happy and the rest are looking for greener pastures.
The reality of big time college football is the same as the NFL: only the best make it and only the best of the best progress to the next level.

Speaking the truth bruh

Advertisement

Bingo. And that equals scared of competition. ANY way you cut it. He can say its not, but its obvious they are looking at the depth chart, and the quality of guys we are bringing in, and he's thinking that he may never get to sniff the field here. IMO he can call it what he wants, but he's scared of the depth chart, and that is what this is all about.

why does some gaytor doosh hang out on this board all day long following Miami recruits and taking under handed shots at the program?

To sow the seeds of discontent. Wasn't suprised to see this lickspittle was the first to post this article here. I sniffed this **** and his agenda out from jumpstreet, time for the rest of us to follow suit.

Advertisement
another south florida diva.......

Not necessarily. He sounds like a decent kid and like he loves UM. But the reality is we have an @ssload of Qbs on the roster if we take 2 more this year. He's looking at that depth chart, and thinking he is probably behind Olsen and Kaaya in terms of his mechanics and polish, and it will just be that much harder for him to crack the top spot. Many kids today just want the path of least resistance, and frankly, its hard to blame the kid if he really feels like he might not be good enough to win the job with all these other cats on the roster. But lets just all stop BSing the situation, and call it what it is. The kid is scared of the depth chart.

How can people actually believe that yesterday was the first time that Edouard talked to Coley? I saw a ton of kids at the Spring game around the coaches.

Am I supposed to believe Coley ignored him like a middle school girl while Alin was there?

Come on...repeat the narrative to yourself. It is VERY tough to believe.

I don't want to sound all 5Xy, but what's happening here seems very obvious, and it's the exact opposite of what you're implying. Ragging on the kid is extremely misplaced. I could be wrong, but this seems clear to me - we like other kids better and we're having difficulty breaking up without it turning into a complete disaster because we know we botched it and we know how it will be perceived in the area. Eduoard is a great kid.... I never got into the Twitter thing before last year, but reading these kids thoughts you really get a good picture of their character. This kid is a great kid who freaking loves the U and is feeling hurt - not because of the multiple QB thing (at least not mostly) but because of how we're handling everything. That's just my perspective, and I'll repeat that I could be dead wrong. He's smart enough to see the writing on the wall but he's STILL sticking with us and sort of forcing the coaches to tell him off. He's not a jerk prima donna, he's a super fan.

Swag, I'm leaning this way too but if you love the Miami then don't go to the media and make comments that makes us look bad. He knows the school can't comment on it.

Advertisement
(Luke hasnt made any comments yet but he did tweet the article out)

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/14/3395713/miami-hurricanes-get-commitment.html

The future quarterback class at the University of Miami just expanded — that is, if Hialeah High’s Alin Edouard doesn’t back out of the oral pledge he made in February to play for UM, his “dream school” that he indicated is no longer a lock.

West Hills (Calif.) Chaminade High junior Brad Kaaya, a 6-4, 213-pound pro-style quarterback rated three stars by Rivals.com — the same rating given to dual-threat Edouard — committed to UM on Monday.

Kaaya completed 126 of 186 passes for 1,875 yards and 13 touchdowns this past season as a junior for 12-2 Chaminade, located just outside Los Angeles. His only two interceptions came in the state title game, a 30-28 loss to Serra Gardena. He is rated by Rivals as the nation’s 19th best pro-style quarterback prospect.

Edouard, who committed to UM in February and was offered a scholarship by former UM assistant Mario Cristobal (now at Alabama), said new UM offensive coordinator James Coley communicated with him for the first time Monday — via a private message on Facebook.

I had no previous communication with Coach Coley at all,” said Edouard, rated by Rivals as the 16th best dual-threat quarterback. “I’m guessing either they don’t really want me, or it’s just something that happened. He asked me on Facebook if I trusted him and I said, ‘Yeah, I trust you, but I don’t want to change my position [to receiver or anything else].’

“I’m 6-1 1/2 and I don’t want to take the chance of playing receiver. He was like, ‘Running routes isn’t even in the picture, so don’t even think about that.’

“But I’m still worried — not about the quarterback competition, but about them possibly changing my position. What can I say? I saw it coming, to tell you the truth. UM is not the same to me as it was before.”

Edouard completed 64 of 132 passes for 926 yards and nine touchdowns, with nine interceptions as a junior last season. He ran for 559 yards and seven touchdowns.

Edouard is good friends with former Miami Northwestern quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, who is going into his junior season at Louisville. Bridgewater was committed to UM before former coach Randy Shannon left, then shifted his allegiance to Louisville. Edouard said he has talked to at least two Louisville coaches, including head coach Charlie Strong, and is very interested in the Cardinals.

He also listed USF, Syracuse and Tennessee as options to replace UM — should he decommit.

The art of running a kid off!! Leave it up to Manny Navarro & fickle UM fans...

Just our luck, Brad Kaaya will continue to blow up, and garner more attention from teams close to home, and decide he wants to be close to mom, or the SEC. We'll run Edouard off, and we'll end up with a 2 star QB.

You guys are a piece of work. Before a guy commits - you're all over him singing praises, when he does commit- you say you want someone else, if a commit takes a visit - he's trash and should decommit, when we watch a previous commit in a bowl game - you blame the previous coach LULZ!!!

Good job guys...keep it up, you're right on schedule!!

Last edited:
Hialeah (Fla.) High School QB Alin Edouard called coach Mario Cristobal at 7:45 p.m. tonight.

He told Cristobal "Coach, I'm calling for a reason."

"What's the reason?" Cristobal said.

"I'm committing to Miami," Edouard said.

The coach's reaction?

"He was very excited, said he didn't see it coming," Edouard said. "And I'm very excited."

Edouard just received the offer today.

"I already felt like I was home there," said Edouard, who visited UM last weekend for Junior Day. "I trust coach Cristobal, coach (Al) Golden, James Coley. I feel like they trust me too. That's why I made the decision to commit now.

Asked if the commitment is a done deal, Edouard said, "This is a soft commit. I'm sure I'm the only 2014 quarterback committed. I want to be the only quarterback in the class."

Bingo

Your QB is supposed to be ****y to the point of arrogant internally. IF you look at a depth chart and your initial reaction isn't "I am better than all of these guys" then you are going to have a hard time hacking it at this level. Same goes for every position, but most certainly QB. Dorsey didn't look at Kenny Kelly and get scared, he came and took his job. KEvin Olsen KNEW he would be redshirting and came anyway. THAT is the mentality you want. I like Edouard and would love him in this class but I'll be damned if I am going to take a QB that is spooked by someone else.

He'll be committed to VILLE within the next 90 days.

He contradicts himself in every interview. Don't get me wrong, this doesn't look good for our staff, but I'm believing Miami's side on this one.

Also, how does Manny still have a job!? He consistently bashes Miami, and is always the first to jump on stories like this.

Advertisement
Back