Alin Edouard Miami Herald article

Advertisement
Also, people have to remember that in an interview they can twist Alins words to be negative so really we don't know if this is 100% what he means

[]_[]nique-31;1498484 said:
He was being nice when he said trusts Coley. I don't see why everyone is on Alin as if he is the shady one in this situation. He committed in February and yesterday was the first time Coley reached out to him. Every other current commit and most recruits constantly talk about the constant contact they get from our coaches. UM has allowed doubt to creep into his head, that's not his fault. Those that pushed for him to commit two seconds after he was offered are now just as quick to ask for his decommittment. The staff definitely isn't perfect because they are human. It's not always the kids that mess **** up.

Good post. This staff is not beyond reproach.

This wouldn't be the first time they bungle a highly-touted local kid's recruitment.

He was being nice when he said trusts Coley. I don't see why everyone is on Alin as if he is the shady one in this situation. He committed in February and yesterday was the first time Coley reached out to him. Every other current commit and most recruits constantly talk about the constant contact they get from our coaches. UM has allowed doubt to creep into his head, that's not his fault. Those that pushed for him to commit two seconds after he was offered are now just as quick to ask for his decommittment. The staff definitely isn't perfect because they are human. It's not always the kids that mess **** up.

This wouldn't be the first time they bungle a highly-touted local kid's recruitment.

Which was the other? If you mean Denver then it was all the sides but Ice and Denver did whatever they could to blame UM

annoying the we are seeing the same **** happening this year... cant mess up the local recruits. if we dont want him, then tell him early. if we want him, recruit the kid. its pretty simple.

Advertisement
How can people actually believe that yesterday was the first time that Edouard talked to Coley? I saw a ton of kids at the Spring game around the coaches.

Am I supposed to believe Coley ignored him like a middle school girl while Alin was there?

Come on...repeat the narrative to yourself. It is VERY tough to believe.

**** it, I'm out of this thread.

Look at this last reply from this cat above me...wow!

Really don't understand why these guys first instincts after they feel they have been done wrong is to run to the media. I'm sure Golden felt he got done wrong on signing day when Thomas, Bostick, and Bryant chose other schools. Signing day is 9 months away, go out there and prove it on the field. Make us regret it by your play instead of your mouth. To many media access for these teenagers...Alin, it's not about YOU, it's about the []_[]! #playball

How can people actually believe that yesterday was the first time that Edouard talked to Coley? I saw a ton of kids at the Spring game around the coaches.

Am I supposed to believe Coley ignored him like a middle school girl while Alin was there?

Come on...repeat the narrative to yourself. It is VERY tough to believe.

They have talked I believe that but it hasn't been much especially compared to Kaaya and Rozier so he feels unwanted

Advertisement
why is everyone making such a big deal about this.

the old coach wanted him, the new one doesn't.

it happens.

So which is it?

Another factor that has weakened his commitment status is the lack of contact with his main recruiter, Coach James Coley.

“I haven’t talked to him often at all, I’ve even tried calling him and he doesn’t answer.”

http://canesinsight.com/threads/52822-Edouard-Gives-the-Latest

Edouard, who only took a few snaps in Saturday’s scrimmage against Oakland Park Northeast before thunderstorms ended the event, said that his relationship with Miami is fine despite reasons to believe otherwise.

“I talk with coach [James] Coley quite a bit,” Edouard said. “Usually on Facebook or something like that.”

http://www.fuelrecruiting.com/no-surprise-edouard-looking-around

Edouard, who committed to UM in February and was offered a scholarship by former UM assistant Mario Cristobal (now at Alabama), said new UM offensive coordinator James Coley communicated with him for the first time Monday — via a private message on Facebook.

“I had no previous communication with Coach Coley at all,” said Edouard, rated by Rivals as the 16th best dual-threat quarterback. “I’m guessing either they don’t really want me, or it’s just something that happened. He asked me on Facebook if I trusted him and I said, ‘Yeah, I trust you, but I don’t want to change my position [to receiver or anything else].’

Don't tell me there was that big of a twisting of words. Sorry, I call bull****.

If you want to decommit, then decommit. But don't get caught up in your own lies while trying to look for a reason.

Last edited:
I don't like how this situation played out at all. Bad for the kid, bad for the school.

I feel for Edouard but at the same time kids publicly embarrass schools all the time, some on national TV. This stuff always happens it just so happens Edouard is very up front about what's going on.

We told him the offer still stands. I understand the kid is worried about having to change positions, but with the Wr's in south florida this year he wouldn't be getting an offer as a WR.

Advertisement
I don't really blame Alin on this. Communicating through facebook? Really. I believe the Canes no longer want him, and are trying to do it without pulling his scholly. If they really wanted him coley would be calling the kid if not visiting his school to reassure him and there wouldn't have been such a long period where there was no communication. I feel bad for the kid as seems to me the Canes had a change of heart.

I don't really blame Alin on this. Communicating through facebook? Really. I believe the Canes no longer want him, and are trying to do it without pulling his scholly. If they really wanted him coley would be calling the kid if not visiting his school to reassure him and there wouldn't have been such a long period where there was no communication. I feel bad for the kid as seems to me the Canes had a change of heart.

Did you see Matt Thomas Facebook inbox? golden & barrow were having convos with him there. As long as communication is occurring, doesn't really matter the method, obviously phone is preferred

Advertisement
Let's all just hope everything gets more clear between him and the staff. I'd rather have him stay because he is a commit and I'm tired of us losing early commits and he could be a player!

IMO Edouard is the worst QB out of Kaaya, Rosier, McClendon, Isom, and Edouard.

So saying that he is a highly touted local recruit, the only true part of that statement is that he is a local kid.

Edouard is a great ATH put at the QB position (just like most HS coaches do with their best ATH). I was never happy that we got his commitment, we need a QB that is Miami caliber and my two favorite that we have a legit shot at are Brad Kaaya and Malik Rosier. If we land those two to compliment bringing in Olsen this year, our QB competition for when Morris leaves is gonna be intense.

Edouard looks more like a USF or UCF QB, def not UM material, and to those that try to compare him to Teddy Bridgewater are either blind or just look at skin color.

I'm sorry, but if those stats are correct, Edouard has a ton of work to do to be a legit D1 QB.

Not to mention the fact that Edouard was supposed to help us sign all these top South FL kids, and it really doesn't seem like any of the top kids are that close with him or would follow him to UM. He is not the guy that brings this class together like so many made him out to be. Like did he help us land Yearby and any of those OLinemen, or Stucky or Kaaya? The answer is no, so what local recruits would he be able to help us get? IMO Winky Flowers has a lot more local respect from top recruits than Edouard, and I would love to replace Edouard with Flowers as the 3rd QB/ATH taken if that is really our plan with Edouard.

Sign Kaaya and Rosier as QBs and Winky Flowers as a ATH/QB who will be given a fair shot at QB, but if that doesn't work he can switch to Safety. (Of course only do that if that is the plan with Edouard [bringing him in as a ATH/QB])

Did you see Matt Thomas Facebook inbox? golden & barrow were having convos with him there. As long as communication is occurring, doesn't really matter the method, obviously phone is preferred
I'm not saying facebook is a poor way to communicate. What I'm saying is if you have a recruit that is having doubts and you really want to keep him, you make your communication with him a little more personal like a phone call or visiting him. IMO

Advertisement
Back