Alin Edouard Miami Herald article

IHATETHISPLACE

Thunderdome
(Luke hasnt made any comments yet but he did tweet the article out)

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/14/3395713/miami-hurricanes-get-commitment.html

The future quarterback class at the University of Miami just expanded — that is, if Hialeah High’s Alin Edouard doesn’t back out of the oral pledge he made in February to play for UM, his “dream school” that he indicated is no longer a lock.

West Hills (Calif.) Chaminade High junior Brad Kaaya, a 6-4, 213-pound pro-style quarterback rated three stars by Rivals.com — the same rating given to dual-threat Edouard — committed to UM on Monday.

Kaaya completed 126 of 186 passes for 1,875 yards and 13 touchdowns this past season as a junior for 12-2 Chaminade, located just outside Los Angeles. His only two interceptions came in the state title game, a 30-28 loss to Serra Gardena. He is rated by Rivals as the nation’s 19th best pro-style quarterback prospect.

Edouard, who committed to UM in February and was offered a scholarship by former UM assistant Mario Cristobal (now at Alabama), said new UM offensive coordinator James Coley communicated with him for the first time Monday — via a private message on Facebook.

I had no previous communication with Coach Coley at all,” said Edouard, rated by Rivals as the 16th best dual-threat quarterback. “I’m guessing either they don’t really want me, or it’s just something that happened. He asked me on Facebook if I trusted him and I said, ‘Yeah, I trust you, but I don’t want to change my position [to receiver or anything else].’

“I’m 6-1 1/2 and I don’t want to take the chance of playing receiver. He was like, ‘Running routes isn’t even in the picture, so don’t even think about that.’

“But I’m still worried — not about the quarterback competition, but about them possibly changing my position. What can I say? I saw it coming, to tell you the truth. UM is not the same to me as it was before.”

Edouard completed 64 of 132 passes for 926 yards and nine touchdowns, with nine interceptions as a junior last season. He ran for 559 yards and seven touchdowns.

Edouard is good friends with former Miami Northwestern quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, who is going into his junior season at Louisville. Bridgewater was committed to UM before former coach Randy Shannon left, then shifted his allegiance to Louisville. Edouard said he has talked to at least two Louisville coaches, including head coach Charlie Strong, and is very interested in the Cardinals.

He also listed USF, Syracuse and Tennessee as options to replace UM — should he decommit.

Advertisement
He should just decommit already. I also don't get the need to trash the school on the way out. Wasn't he around a bunch of times in the spring? So Coley ignored him all of those times he was on campus? Also, I thought I saw an article that said he talked to Coley a couple of times after he was hired to let him know they were going to get one more QB?

Some is full of **** here. Either he is, Coley is, or fat Manny is.

See you later, young man. Yeah, we'll honor your commitment, but we're also bringing in two other quarterbacks. Coaching staff is playing it politically correct so as not to hurt any feelings, but Coley clearly has eyes for other QBs. Just putting the onus on Edouard to de-commit rather than pulling offer.

This self proclaimed superstar is taking his wining to the local media. Stay or go, make the best decision for you.

Advertisement
I don't like how this situation played out at all. Bad for the kid, bad for the school.

You with us or against either way the U goes on.....this miami train does not stop.
The U will not be made or broken by one man so Alin what it is?

Advertisement
I don't like how this situation played out at all. Bad for the kid, bad for the school.

Ehh........we may have offered and took his verbal too early. Who knows, maybe Cristobal jumped the gun without Al and Coley being on the same page. It always something...

So he says he trusts Coley, yet when Coley tells him running routes isn't even the conversation he's still skeptical. Sounds like he may be looking for a reason to move on.

Advertisement
So he says he trusts Coley, yet when Coley tells him running routes isn't even the conversation he's still skeptical. Sounds like he may be looking for a reason to move on.

I think the kid is pretty smart actually. It's sorta like that girlfriend that is being polite on the phone because she knows you're a good guy and her family likes you. But deep down, she's just not that into you......and you can tell that she isn't. Heck, she's going to the prom with some other guy (Kaaya). It hurts but you learn to move on..

I feel for Edouard but at the same time kids publicly embarrass schools all the time, some on national TV. This stuff always happens it just so happens Edouard is very up front about what's going on.

He was being nice when he said trusts Coley. I don't see why everyone is on Alin as if he is the shady one in this situation. He committed in February and yesterday was the first time Coley reached out to him. Every other current commit and most recruits constantly talk about the constant contact they get from our coaches. UM has allowed doubt to creep into his head, that's not his fault. Those that pushed for him to commit two seconds after he was offered are now just as quick to ask for his decommittment. The staff definitely isn't perfect because they are human. It's not always the kids that mess **** up.

Advertisement
For the prom reference, Edouard knew that it was a 2 QB class. He was told from the beginning.

I don't understand how the narrative turned negative on Miami all of a sudden. Kaaya is the second QB. If there is a third, which I doubt, then it's time to worry.

The coaches called you as soon as it went public to reassure you that you that your offer (to play QB!) was still valid.

Like I said, I don't get it.

This ^^^.

I think Alin also doesn't want it to appear like he is afraid of competing against Kaaya and any other qb that will be brought in (hopefully Rosier) so he came up with the "I'm afraid they are going to switch my position" angle to save face. This kid sounds like he's all but made up his mind about going to UL.

I think the kid is pretty smart actually. It's sorta like that girlfriend that is being polite on the phone because she knows you're a good guy and her family likes you. But deep down, she's just not that into you......and you can tell that she isn't. Heck, she's going to the prom with some other guy (Kaaya). It hurts but you learn to move on..

To me you're a little off, I see it as more of they had a 1 night stand and the *** is on point, but they won't be a couple until they feel each other out. Coley is still messing with other girls and now is showing 1 more attention so Alin is basically giving him a ultimatum that you either work it out with me now or im going where I feel wanted.

why does some gaytor doosh hang out on this board all day long following Miami recruits and taking under handed shots at the program?

Advertisement
Back