Alex Collins

If Alex Collins came to Miami, Miami would have made it to the ACC championship game. He was a HUGE loss.

Advertisement
If Alex Collins came to Miami, Miami would have made it to the ACC championship game. He was a HUGE loss.

He would have stopped Logan Thomas on 3rd and very long?

The dropoff in talent from Duke Johnson to Dallas Crawford is huge. The dropoff in talent from Duke Johnson to Alex Collins is not that much.

If we had Collin last year we would have beat VT & Duke.

Funny how Beleima takes less than two season to have that team running like Wisconsin was. They would clean our clock if we played . Worse than the Nebraska game. Strike up one more for the slurpees

Advertisement

The dropoff in talent from Duke Johnson to Dallas Crawford is huge. The dropoff in talent from Duke Johnson to Alex Collins is not that much.

It's hard to assume we would score enough with the input of one single player when our defense couldn't even stop VT and Duke from scoring. We lost by 18 points in both of those games. You think Collins would have been worth more than 36 points in two straight games? You and anyone else that believes that is smoking crack.

Funny how Beleima takes less than two season to have that team running like Wisconsin was. They would clean our clock if we played . Worse than the Nebraska game. Strike up one more for the slurpees

Just because Beleima could beat Miami doesn't make him a good coach... After losing to Auburn in the first game of the year, they've beat Nicholls State, TTU and Northern Illinois. Lets see how his team fares against some better competition.

Plus, I can't stand him for all the whining he does about no huddle offenses. Completely soft shouldered.

Just because Beleima could beat Miami doesn't make him a good coach... After losing to Auburn in the first game of the year, they've beat Nicholls State, TTU and Northern Illinois. Lets see how his team fares against some better competition.

Plus, I can't stand him for all the whining he does about no huddle offenses. Completely soft shouldered.
Not a good coach.....would clean Miami ' s clock. Where have I heard that before?

Advertisement

It's hard to assume we would score enough with the input of one single player when our defense couldn't even stop VT and Duke from scoring. We lost by 18 points in both of those games. You think Collins would have been worth more than 36 points in two straight games? You and anyone else that believes that is smoking crack.

Score at the start of the 4th Quarter in last years games:

Duke 31
Miami 30

VT 35
Miami 24

The Duke game we were right there. The VT game we rushed 24 times for 28 yards.

Do I think a stud RB that could help us pick up 3rd and shorts, sustain clock eating drives, and keep our Defense off the field would have helped in those games? Yes, I do

I don't think we would have lost to Duke last year had Stacey Coley not gotten hurt.

Do you think we finish 2-3 last year if Duke Johnson doesn't get hurt? There's probably 5 games I can say "if we don't have Duke Johnson, we lose that game".

Yes, 1 player can make a huge difference.

Duke Johnson isn't close to being as good as collins.

Collins is a 1st - 2nd round pick and Duke is a KR undrafted in league.

Duke 31
Miami 30

VT 35
Miami 24

Do I think a stud RB that could help us pick up 3rd and shorts, sustain clock eating drives, and keep our Defense off the field would have helped in those games? Yes, I do

I don't think we would have lost to Duke last year had Stacey Coley not gotten hurt.

Do you think we finish 2-3 last year if Duke Johnson doesn't get hurt? There's probably 5 games I can say "if we don't have Duke Johnson, we lose that game".

And we have Stacy Coley, Dorsett and Duke back, got cleaned by UL despite you telling us we wouldnt have lost to UL in the bowl game. They were all their and helpless to stop us getting dragged all over the field by Abdullah. What you don't seem to get is, we have no defense. Our offense was functioning quite fine against Duke. We couldnt stop them from running the ball. Sounds familiar? Duke can't do shhh if the offense doesn't have the ball

Advertisement

Duke 31
Miami 30

VT 35
Miami 24

What did Dallas Crawford do for us in the UNC game? You also assume that the opponents would remain constant in your BS 'What If?' scenarios, as though they wouldn't adapt to the situation. You assume we are in the position and make every conversion based off of what? How Collins does at Arkansas?

I'm a fan and supporter of Duke Johnson, but you cant ignore that he gets stuffed in every game against a good opponent. We are 13-1 when he scores a touchdown, but look at Goldens record against good/ranked opponents. That means Duke is balling out against scrubs. Either that is on him (doubt it), the O-line (most def), or the play calling (probably). Those last two would be the same situation for Collins. So plugging Collins in instead of Duke most likely still equate to the same result of us losing.

Duke 31
Miami 30

VT 35
Miami 24

And we have Stacy Coley, Dorsett and Duke back, got cleaned by UL despite you telling us we wouldnt have lost to UL in the bowl game. They were all their and helpless to stop us getting dragged all over the field by Abdullah. What you don't seem to get is, we have no defense. Our offense was functioning quite fine against Duke. We couldnt stop them from running the ball. Sounds familiar? Duke can't do shhh if the offense doesn't have the ball

I never said anything about the Louisville Bowl game. We were losing by 27 going into the 4th. We got dominated everywhere in that game. VT and Duke were both winnable games going into the 4th quarter without Duke Johnson.

The Defense can't stop anyone - that's well established. It's a constant. The variable is the offense. Can they score enough, and stay on the field enough to win the game for us.

2012 vs. Duke - Defense gives up 45, we have Duke Johnson, we win by 7
2013 vs. Duke - Defense gives up 48, no Duke Johnson, we lose by 18

We won't stop Duke again this weekend. They'll put up big points on us. But we'll have Duke/Coley/Dorsett this year, so we'll score more.

The play on Defense is the reason why we suck. The play on Offense determines if we win or lose.

Advertisement
I was (and remain) a huge Kirkland fan. The crazy thing is that a lot of UM people didn't like him.

I thought it was crazy then and still so. All he needed was college conditioning and coaching to take the next step.

Duke 31
Miami 30

VT 35
Miami 24

I never said anything about the Louisville Bowl game. We were losing by 27 going into the 4th. We got dominated everywhere in that game. VT and Duke were both winnable games going into the 4th quarter without Duke Johnson.

The Defense can't stop anyone - that's well established. It's a constant. The variable is the offense. Can they score enough, and stay on the field enough to win the game for us.

2012 vs. Duke - Defense gives up 45, we have Duke Johnson, we win by 7
2013 vs. Duke - Defense gives up 48, no Duke Johnson, we lose by 18

We won't stop Duke again this weekend. They'll put up big points on us. But we'll have Duke/Coley/Dorsett this year, so we'll score more.

The play on Defense is the reason why we suck. The play on Offense determines if we win or lose.

53762021.jpg

this dude's averaging 7.5 yards a carry. No one can complain about our backfield with Duke and yearby but can anyone imagine duke and collins in the same backfield? not even dorito could ***** that up because the other team would never see the ball.

Yearby hasn't shown me anything yet to be excited about. Not saying he won't but let's not be content yet just because we have him the backfield too.

Advertisement
Back