Alex Collins

this dude's averaging 7.5 yards a carry. No one can complain about our backfield with Duke and yearby but can anyone imagine duke and collins in the same backfield? not even dorito could ***** that up because the other team would never see the ball.

If duke and Collins was so good wouldn't the other team see the ball after we scored?

Advertisement
He would have stopped Logan Thomas on 3rd and very long?

The dropoff in talent from Duke Johnson to Dallas Crawford is huge. The dropoff in talent from Duke Johnson to Alex Collins is not that much.

If we had Collin last year we would have beat VT & Duke.

It's hard to assume we would score enough with the input of one single player when our defense couldn't even stop VT and Duke from scoring. We lost by 18 points in both of those games. You think Collins would have been worth more than 36 points in two straight games? You and anyone else that believes that is smoking crack.

Score at the start of the 4th Quarter in last years games:

Duke 31
Miami 30

VT 35
Miami 24

The Duke game we were right there. The VT game we rushed 24 times for 28 yards.

Do I think a stud RB that could help us pick up 3rd and shorts, sustain clock eating drives, and keep our Defense off the field would have helped in those games? Yes, I do

I don't think we would have lost to Duke last year had Stacey Coley not gotten hurt.

Do you think we finish 2-3 last year if Duke Johnson doesn't get hurt? There's probably 5 games I can say "if we don't have Duke Johnson, we lose that game".

Yes, 1 player can make a huge difference.

What did Dallas Crawford do for us in the UNC game? You also assume that the opponents would remain constant in your BS 'What If?' scenarios, as though they wouldn't adapt to the situation. You assume we are in the position and make every conversion based off of what? How Collins does at Arkansas?

I'm a fan and supporter of Duke Johnson, but you cant ignore that he gets stuffed in every game against a good opponent. We are 13-1 when he scores a touchdown, but look at Goldens record against good/ranked opponents. That means Duke is balling out against scrubs. Either that is on him (doubt it), the O-line (most def), or the play calling (probably). Those last two would be the same situation for Collins. So plugging Collins in instead of Duke most likely still equate to the same result of us losing.

I only ever mentioned the VT & Duke games.

Duke's stats in 2012 games:
- VT - 11 carries - 100 yds - 1TD, Win by 18
- Duke - 16 carries - 176 yds - 3TD, Win by 7

Without him in 2012, we would have lost those games. Without him in 2013, we did lose those games. With him in 2014, I think we win those games.

The point is that - in JUST the VT and Duke games - if we had Duke Johnson or Alex Collins carrying the ball 20-25 times, in those very winnable games, we would've won.

I was (and remain) a huge Kirkland fan. The crazy thing is that a lot of UM people didn't like him.

I thought it was crazy then and still so. All he needed was college conditioning and coaching to take the next step.

Was Kehoe one of them? I know in past people have said he doesnt like to actually work hard to grab top recruits. SMH at the thought of us turning down one of the few beast olineman in our area. You got to be some kinda special for that

The dropoff in talent from Duke Johnson to Dallas Crawford is huge. The dropoff in talent from Duke Johnson to Alex Collins is not that much.

If we had Collin last year we would have beat VT & Duke.

It's hard to assume we would score enough with the input of one single player when our defense couldn't even stop VT and Duke from scoring. We lost by 18 points in both of those games. You think Collins would have been worth more than 36 points in two straight games? You and anyone else that believes that is smoking crack.

Duke 31
Miami 30

VT 35
Miami 24

Do I think a stud RB that could help us pick up 3rd and shorts, sustain clock eating drives, and keep our Defense off the field would have helped in those games? Yes, I do

I don't think we would have lost to Duke last year had Stacey Coley not gotten hurt.

Do you think we finish 2-3 last year if Duke Johnson doesn't get hurt? There's probably 5 games I can say "if we don't have Duke Johnson, we lose that game".

What did Dallas Crawford do for us in the UNC game? You also assume that the opponents would remain constant in your BS 'What If?' scenarios, as though they wouldn't adapt to the situation. You assume we are in the position and make every conversion based off of what? How Collins does at Arkansas?

I'm a fan and supporter of Duke Johnson, but you cant ignore that he gets stuffed in every game against a good opponent. We are 13-1 when he scores a touchdown, but look at Goldens record against good/ranked opponents. That means Duke is balling out against scrubs. Either that is on him (doubt it), the O-line (most def), or the play calling (probably). Those last two would be the same situation for Collins. So plugging Collins in instead of Duke most likely still equate to the same result of us losing.

Without him in 2012, we would have lost those games. Without him in 2013, we did lose those games. With him in 2014, I think we win those games.

The point is that - in JUST the VT and Duke games - if we had Duke Johnson or Alex Collins carrying the ball 20-25 times, in those very winnable games, we would've won.
Would a coulda shoulda. It was close against Nebraska and we got killed. UL game got away late as well. We put up **** near 600 yards on Duke and still lost. I don't wanna hear it. One half of a team is not beating good teams. And we were at home when we barely beat Duke by 7

Advertisement
Who cares

We care cuz we fkin suk, if we were 4-0 and murkin everyone Butch Davis style this would be a senseless thread, but is whole heatedly still stand by this is why miami loses besides X's and O's. This is a big reason and people are ignoring it.

If Miami had Alex Collins, Duke Johnson would be MUCH fresher going to & thru the FSU game. A bigger back will take the load off of Johnson.

Miami was up on Duke in that game, up on VT also. With a running game to chew clock, they probably would win BOTH games. 11-1? Or 10-2 = Coastal champs.....

No excuse missing all these kids it's why we suk n we keep bringing it up, or u have the slurpers who say they just want kids who want to be canes. That's weak talk and loser talk, how could we suk with Leonard Williams at DT? O yea is staff sux my bad

Advertisement
[QUOTEr=HurricaneU;1999859]
Not the dreaded "take away his longest run" nonsense. That's when you know someone is reaching too hard to discredit a guy.

Nowhere did I try to discredit him. In fact I made it quite clear I believed he was a talented back. But averages don't tell the whole story.

Ryan Williams had an amazing Avg QB Rating of 190.3 last year.

You tried to discredit him by taking away his longest run. We're not talking average rainfall here where it all happens by chance or luck. That dude went out there and gained that 21 yards. Take away all of Barry Sanders big runs each game, and he'd be Barry Bostwick.

I have no beef with you breaking down the quality of opponent. But last I checked he did pretty good in the best football conference as a true freshmans last year. Wasn't he voted one of the SEC top freshmans?[/QUOTE]

I Don't remember Barry Bostwick.

Duke 31
Miami 30

VT 35
Miami 24

Would a coulda shoulda. It was close against Nebraska and we got killed. UL game got away late as well. We put up **** near 600 yards on Duke and still lost. I don't wanna hear it. One half of a team is not beating good teams. And we were at home when we barely beat Duke by 7

No we played at duke two years in a row bc of the new acc schedule

Duke 31
Miami 30

VT 35
Miami 24

No we played at duke two years in a row bc of the new acc schedule
True. Same thing with VT down here

agreed kirkland is a stud and we can't afford to lose top SoFla linemen. Even with the ****ty blocking from the right side of our line though I gained a lot of respect Gadbois last saturday. we need more nasty and less pansy

Collins is the one recruit it hurt to lose. He comes in for Duke in Tally and things might have been different. I loved Gadbios last week. Hope friggin Al doesn't bench him. Kid had more aggression than entire defense and staff. Plus, he did a decent job on that dude who is supposed to be real good.

Advertisement
I was (and remain) a huge Kirkland fan. The crazy thing is that a lot of UM people didn't like him.

I thought it was crazy then and still so. All he needed was college conditioning and coaching to take the next step.

That's the issue. He needed coaching. We need to recruit guys that are college ready. How dare we consider anything different.

Not going to lie. Unfortunately, Alex Collins looks a lot better than Duke this year.

Advertisement
Not going to lie. Unfortunately, Alex Collins looks a lot better than Duke this year.
I haven't seen Collins play this year but Duke has looked just fine to me. He is literally the least of our problems. Put Collins behind this soft o-line and call nothing but dopey stretch runs and I guarantee his numbers go down. Not to mention he hasn't exactly faced a murderers row of opponents.

AC speed made him a better prospect thanDJ, love Duke but Cook Collins Michel should be better cfb backs. This is why we *** our staff is over rated in recruiting........b minus on the trail.

Yeah, but we don't have those.

Advertisement
Back