Alex Collins

The kid is simply a stud.

BUT, even with all the SoFla backs we've whiffed on, the thing that hurts to watch the most - to me at least - is one of the guys blocking for Collins: Denver Kirkland. This guy is destroying people out there. He looks so dominant and technically sound that it makes me want to puke into my shoes. Especially when I have to watch Isidora bumble around for us at RG.

Kirkland is a mauler and an unstoppable force already as a true sophomore. He's cleaning people out and flattening defenders. Bright NFL future ahead for him.

Kirkland is probably the best guard in the SEC. Thank god he didn't go to FSU.

I'm 100% dead serious that our staff "was only taking Kirkland as a package to get Thomas"...SMH.

Advertisement
The kid is simply a stud.

BUT, even with all the SoFla backs we've whiffed on, the thing that hurts to watch the most - to me at least - is one of the guys blocking for Collins: Denver Kirkland. This guy is destroying people out there. He looks so dominant and technically sound that it makes me want to puke into my shoes. Especially when I have to watch Isidora bumble around for us at RG.

Kirkland is a mauler and an unstoppable force already as a true sophomore. He's cleaning people out and flattening defenders. Bright NFL future ahead for him.

If you do remember he made an enemy out of his final 3 of FSU, Miami, and USF by saying that he was a silent to all three one week before signing day. He shot himself in the foot the way he handled his recruitment.

Not the dreaded "take away his longest run" nonsense. That's when you know someone is reaching too hard to discredit a guy.

Who cares if he's not a cane i just started this to get thoughts on that potential backfield. both are two of the top running backs in the country and at one point it looked like they had a chance to play together, which would've put us right up there with georgia in terms of RB talent. Not trying to start any canes bashing. i'm one of the few students who goes to every home game regardless of if it's against bethune-cookman or fsu

Advertisement
Not the dreaded "take away his longest run" nonsense. That's when you know someone is reaching too hard to discredit a guy.

Nowhere did I try to discredit him. In fact I made it quite clear I believed he was a talented back. But averages don't tell the whole story.

Ryan Williams had an amazing Avg QB Rating of 190.3 last year.

Last edited:

Nowhere did I try to discredit him. In fact I made it quite clear I believed he was a talented back. But averages don't tell the whole story.

You tried to discredit him by taking away his longest run. We're not talking average rainfall here where it all happens by chance or luck. That dude went out there and gained that 21 yards. Take away all of Barry Sanders big runs each game, and he'd be Barry Bostwick.

I have no beef with you breaking down the quality of opponent. But last I checked he did pretty good in the best football conference as a true freshmans last year. Wasn't he voted one of the SEC top freshmans?

Advertisement

You tried to discredit him by taking away his longest run. We're not talking average rainfall here where it all happens by chance or luck. That dude went out there and gained that 21 yards. Take away all of Barry Sanders big runs each game, and he'd be Barry Bostwick.

I have no beef with you breaking down the quality of opponent. But last I checked he did pretty good in the best football conference as a true freshmans last year. Wasn't he voted one of the SEC top freshmans?

Then it is a misunderstanding. It wasn't intended to discredit his talent which I believe is undeniable. It was to show that averages can sometimes be a misleading.

Seriously, please start banning people.

Why should I get banned for speaking the truth. I have been a fan since Saban was the coach. I go to all the home games and usually 1 to 2 road games a year. I live and die UM football I want this team to win every week. I wish I could post positive things on this board but I know bad coaching when I see it.

I know all I need to now about you by your avatar. SMFH.

It is coaching, if those kids came to Miami they wouldn't be doing anything. Bielema has a vision and a system on offense.

Advertisement
A lot of us actually live in SoFla and follow recruits their entire high school career. It's natural that an ex-Cane target - and in this case, commit - has his progress tracked at the next level.

We're talking football. What's the problem?

this dude's averaging 7.5 yards a carry. No one can complain about our backfield with Duke and yearby but can anyone imagine duke and collins in the same backfield? not even dorito could ***** that up because the other team would never see the ball.

Alex is good. No doubt about that. But Nicholls St. helps that average. Alex had a YPC 10.1 and the team averaged 12.38 yards per carry against them. Ran it up against Texas Tech pretty bad too.

Against arguably the best team that Ark has faced this year in Auburn, Collins had 10 carries for 68 yards. His longest carry was for 21 yards. Subtracting that you are looking at 9 carries for 47 yards. Still an impressive 5.2 YPC but not as popping as 7.5.

Smartest thing Burt has done, with the exception of the Tech game, is keep his carries low against inferior opponents.

Will be interesting to see how those YPC hold up as they get deeper into the season against more quality opponents. He will have a lot of miles on his legs before the 2016 NFL Draft.

How do you figure he'll have a lot of miles on him? Arkansas has 3 very good backs and they rotate those guys heavily. He's not being asked to carry the load there.

this dude's averaging 7.5 yards a carry. No one can complain about our backfield with Duke and yearby but can anyone imagine duke and collins in the same backfield? not even dorito could ***** that up because the other team would never see the ball.

Alex is good. No doubt about that. But Nicholls St. helps that average. Alex had a YPC 10.1 and the team averaged 12.38 yards per carry against them. Ran it up against Texas Tech pretty bad too.

Against arguably the best team that Ark has faced this year in Auburn, Collins had 10 carries for 68 yards. His longest carry was for 21 yards. Subtracting that you are looking at 9 carries for 47 yards. Still an impressive 5.2 YPC but not as popping as 7.5.

Smartest thing Burt has done, with the exception of the Tech game, is keep his carries low against inferior opponents.

Will be interesting to see how those YPC hold up as they get deeper into the season against more quality opponents. He will have a lot of miles on his legs before the 2016 NFL Draft.

How do you figure he'll have a lot of miles on him? Arkansas has 3 very good backs and they rotate those guys heavily. He's not being asked to carry the load there.

Because he has gotten a lot of burn from the start. Just like Duke. Alex had 190 carries his freshman year. And in the same message I stated Bielema has been smart to not give him carries in garbage time against inferior opponents.

But they remain a run-heavy offense and I fully expect Collins to get many more carries in more competitive games like the 27 he had against Texas Tech.

Maybe he won't. But if I was Arkansas, I would give the rock to my best player as many times as necessary. Bielema's goal isn't to get Alex Collins drafted in the first round. Its to win games now.

I would give him the ball 40 times a game if thats what it took to win. Wouldnt you?

Advertisement
We have a Bar Milo who looks like a mauler on film and plenty of stud RB's for next year...get over it. Missing talent is not the issue it is our incompetent trio of coaches. They can't get on the same page for 1 ******* game.

Why do you guys keep bringing up players who arent Canes?

To point out the players who the staff missed on and are balling out elsewhere vs the kids we expected to be studs here who ain't doing jack ****. Then again it probably doesn't matter anyway. If collins was here he'd be getting eaten alive before reaching the line of scrimmage and kirkland would have no idea how to block.

This thread =
3981361364-meghantsione.gif

Advertisement
Back