Alabama's secondary

Let's see who's secondary is ranked higher at the end of the year, all this non-sense talk cause guys getting bought out and choosing to go else, shouts out to coach rumph for being a real TRUE coach, he doesn't worry about who don't come in, he just makes sure the guys that do are coached very well. Are people going to just overlook what Blades has been doing since he's been here, we got 2 real strong corners in Blades and Ivey, tuff and who will battle anybody, going to be fun next week.
Lmao with the way you hyping up Rumph in this statement. Ivey and Al blades should have the game of their lives against Clemson receivers.. then.. right?

Advertisement
All four starters from South Florida:

#3- S Daniel Wright (Boyd Anderson)
#9- S Jordan Battle (St. Thomas Aquinas)
#2- CB Pat Surtain II (American Heritage)
#28- CB Josh Jobe (Columbus)

The next step for Miami is getting the cream of the crop DBs and WRs locally. The '21 class is getting closer and this season will help the cause.
No BS, I was watching the game today and saw Wright get a pick-6, Battle make a big hit and Surtain get a nice PBU all within like 37 seconds.
I said to myself "I bet DMoney makes a post about Bama's secondary today."

**** Shame, ain't it?
smh GIF

Let's see who's secondary is ranked higher at the end of the year, all this non-sense talk cause guys getting bought out and choosing to go else, shouts out to coach rumph for being a real TRUE coach, he doesn't worry about who don't come in, he just makes sure the guys that do are coached very well. Are people going to just overlook what Blades has been doing since he's been here, we got 2 real strong corners in Blades and Ivey, tuff and who will battle anybody, going to be fun next week.
My goodness u are far gone my child

Lmao with the way you hyping up Rumph in this statement. Ivey and Al blades should have the game of their lives against Clemson receivers.. then.. right?
I'm not hyping him up, just stating the facts, almost all the db's that he coached out the gate, played their best ball after being coached by him, from corn elder, to colbert, to redwine to jackson to young to bandy and now Blades and Ivey. Right now the db room is just similar to what the o-line looked like when coach richt first got here in regards to experience, keep in mind, last year's starters could've been young and bandy. This year it could've been bandy and Blades starting. I'm cool with ivey and Blades, I'm sure Clemson is going to try their best to test our db depth, but our guys are up for the challenge mentally.

A game like this, gets ivey focused, Blades stays focused no matter who the opponent is, this is the type of game those guys came here for, and they looking to pick trev off a few times, the d-line plans on laying the wood, now that we got an offense that the defense has confidence in, this is going to be a good game to show whatever it is that needs to be shown. I'm glad we playing a qb, that people on here won't be able to use excuses now. The only thing that needs to be done, if coach shannon was the d-co, he'd come out the gate playing press-man-cover 2.

With our linebackers in their proper drops in order to react to the run or take care of the crossing routes. Coach shannon would come out and force lawrence to prove he's accurate, than make adjustments from their, no matter who the team, let's see what type of heart baker has, if we starting out in zone, hoping Clemson makes a mistake instead of forcing them into one, it'll be a long day, we gotta be careful with the draws and screens.

The only receiver I got confidence in is dee wiggins on certain routes, quick slants with him is a waste, but post routes, he can get it done, I'm sure rhett is going to hit Clemson with that same look where wiggins caught that bomb, but may try and use a different receiver. This is going to be a game where gaynor, scaife and clark need to be real strong, it'll be interesting to see who starts at left tackle.

Advertisement
My goodness u are far gone my child
Since y'all like to try and pretend our secondary coaches aren't legit, how bout you go and look at the passing stats when we played Lsu and when Bama played them in 2018! Than also think about how their passing stats would've look had bandy not have gotten kicked out the game, dean gave up probably the majority of those yards!

Fundamental difference here is that Diaz puts much more value on his DL and safety's than pure corners based on the D he runs.

Since y'all like to try and pretend our secondary coaches aren't legit, how bout you go and look at the passing stats when we played Lsu and when Bama played them in 2018! Than also think about how their passing stats would've look had bandy not have gotten kicked out the game, dean gave up probably the majority of those yards!
Bro it's not only me u got respectable posters saying he's not good. There are two parts of the job bro. Example if your job is to watch and stand by a door and u got the standing part right but your blind....u aren't going to keep the job. MR can't recruit and u can't turn **** in chicken soup. We need guys on the staff that can excel at both not one part of it.

Isn't it possible that they are good enough to have success with some players, but not good enough to recruit and develop at a championship level?

Advertisement
Two simple steps to fixing this:

1) Fire Rumph.
2) Hire Chris Hawkins.

Hawk is successfully convincing anyone from anywhere to come to the fücking desert. Imagine what he could do with a much easier sell.

Bro it's not only me u got respectable posters saying he's not good. There are two parts of the job bro. Example if your job is to watch and stand by a door and u got the standing part right but your blind....u aren't going to keep the job. MR can't recruit and u can't turn **** in chicken soup. We need guys on the staff that can excel at both not one part of it.
Y'all keep saying he can't recruit, lol, what exactly does that mean, are we talking depth or quality.

Isn't it possible that they are good enough to have success with some players, but not good enough to recruit and develop at a championship level?
Once again, you don't luck up into having the #1 pass defense in the nation, our secondary coaches have already proven they can coach at a championship level, you might want to ask that question about the coordinators. Most of the position coaches we have are legit, with big question marks surrounding fields, and patke with the linebackers, other than that, you can clearly see a coach who doesn't and hardly gets any credit but is very effective in his work in coach likens, our receivers have definitely been getting consistent separation.

As well as continuing to be real good blockers, so to ask that about coach rumph or banda is almost like asking whether or not our d-line is at a championship level. When both units are only getting better.

Advertisement
Fundamental difference here is that Diaz puts much more value on his DL and safety's than pure corners based on the D he runs.
THIS! For Saban DBs are his baby, he coaches it and is involved deeply with DBs. Highly values it and with how the game has gone to spread he puts more value on recruiting WR and has always been about getting the best talent on defense.. Diaz has mentioned multiple times he feels he can coach cbs and he more values them setting the edge on his defense and tackling more than anything, doesnt care about cover skills because he feels he can coach it..

Brother you are getting sucked into the Calvin vortex....back away lol

It means "he stole Christian Williams from LSU last hour"

**** like that read between the lines man
Me myself, I never cared that that guy was in the class except for depth. I consistently was laughing at people in here and kept wondering why they were so hype over that guy signing with us and I repeated the question several times to the star whores and those who use these nerd recruiting site rankings as the Gospel, what's the difference between all the other 4stars coach rumph brought in and Christian williams another 4star, CRICKETS" why all the excitement, people were using words like "finally" and phrases like "it's about time" most of those are the same ones who actually thought transfer tate was gone actually do **** here, I told people from the beginning he wasn't gone do **** here. Now look at cw24, dipped out cause he couldn't crack the rotation, WEAK, I'm glad coach rumph is mixing up his recruiting approach by going after athlete's like clarke, curtis and though bethel left, he was an above average athlete. It's funny how people all of a sudden have become the UM depth chart managers, but had nothing to say about cb depth behind glenn sharpe, honestly, alot of people need to STFU on that issue, the depth is being built, and in this next class, all we need is 2 more to go with the 2 committed, at minimum, and we'll be right where we need to be.

Advertisement
yea facts im done, this guy is new to me and actin crazy af. U right

That's how he sucks you in. He says some crazy **** and you just feel like you have to respond. Before you know it you are tem post in and lost in a vortex of nonsense. Happened to me lol

When kids like James Williams and Leonard Taylor stay home, you know things are getting better.
I guesss... we need to do over consecutive years. We thought we started to turn the corner with the 18 class and then lost momentum. We need those types of kid multiple classes in a row.

Last edited:
A very very slim one.

He apparently was begging for an OSU offer...got it..Committed...Then still flipped to Bama smh

Did we recruit him hard early or just when Ritch got here?

He looked super solid yesterday. I know in 2018 we did bot have much of an opportunity with local elite talent as we sucked bad.

Advertisement
Back