Alabama game

Rattle Bryce Young early and anything is possible. IF we were ever going to be competitive with Baga in this era then it would be right now. We have a 35 yr old QB and a solid secondary playing against them in a "neutral" site when they've just lost a bunch of starters and are rolling out a completely inexperienced QB.

Advertisement
I thought we were gonna beat Clemson and I was wrong. But we
Beating Bama for sure!!!!

As I've been saying all off-season, I expect Bama's offense to take a pretty sizeable step back and their defense to be better. So you might be right, and it's not like we've proven we can run the ball against any elite teams lately. BUT, the Bama defense was not great last year and while they ranked pretty well overall against the run, there were some teams who had success.

A&M got 115 on them
Ole Miss got 268 on them (at 4.7 a clip)
UGA got 145 on them (4.83 a carry)
Tennessee, Auburn, ND and OSU all had over 100 yards rushing as well.

I don't think 100 is anything great, so I don't want to set the bar there, but we only had 89 against Clemson. 87 in the opener against the gator 2 years ago (the 12 thousand sacks had a lot to do with that). We really haven't even been able to run it against FSU except for last year. So prior history says, when we play teams with good talent in the front 7, we run into a brick wall. But Bama, again, wasn't elite in that department last season. I think if we can get to 150 on the ground, we can be in the game well into the 2nd half. If we go out in the first half and run it 17 times for 38 yards, just forget it.
U looking at numbers which I understand but I'm looking at classes. What they bring in yearly is far beyond what we bring in.....the recruiting rankings say we are close but it's not close.

I thought we were gonna beat Clemson and I was wrong. But we
Beating Bama for sure!!!!
I was off by one point on that score prediction...I knew that game was going to be real bad. All u had to see was 4 plays on both sides of the ball to see we were outmanned.

Advertisement
U looking at numbers which I understand but I'm looking at classes. What they bring in yearly is far beyond what we bring in.....the recruiting rankings say we are close but it's not close.

Sure but that doesn’t mean everything in 1 football game, especially game 1. They’re Alabama. We know how they recruit and they win like 95% of their games. But it’s not a fact that just because they recruit how they do they can’t be challenged or beaten. The gators don’t recruit any better than us and they gave them a pretty good run last year. Ole Miss scored a ton on them.

Bottom line, we recruit well enough to compete. We need to play and coach to that level.

Sure but that doesn’t mean everything in 1 football game, especially game 1. They’re Alabama. We know how they recruit and they win like 95% of their games. But it’s not a fact that just because they recruit how they do they can’t be challenged or beaten. The gators don’t recruit any better than us and they gave them a pretty good run last year. Ole Miss scored a ton on them.

Bottom line, we recruit well enough to compete. We need to play and coach to that level.
I don't think we identify better up front and that's what will kill us on both sides of the ball. U forgetting as well that the Gators HC is getting looked atby the NFL. We do not have that type of HC that will be NFL bound or have rumors to be bound to the NFL. I think if a rating 1-10 the last four cycles bamas roster is a 10 overall and ours is at like a 6.5 or 7.......just like Clemson looked faster they were that wasn't coaching they had better athletes anyone can see that immediately. It could get ugly quickly and I don't expect it to be competitive tbh...I hope I'm wrong.

I don't think we identify better up front and that's what will kill us on both sides of the ball. U forgetting as well that the Gators HC is getting looked atby the NFL. We do not have that type of HC that will be NFL bound or have rumors to be bound to the NFL. I think if a rating 1-10 the last four cycles bamas roster is a 10 overall and ours is at like a 6.5 or 7.......just like Clemson looked faster they were that wasn't coaching they had better athletes anyone can see that immediately. It could get ugly quickly and I don't expect it to be competitive tbh...I hope I'm wrong.
#MopeSquadAssemble!

Advertisement
Didn't they also break frenchie's leg which caused a downward spiral for the rest of the year? I believe thats when TF Blackmon had to step in when whe was not ready.
Blackmon is not good jimbo left once he saw it would be blackmon, willie fired with blackmon, the three games norvell won he won with jordan travis. Blackmon is terrible.

Rattle Bryce Young early and anything is possible. IF we were ever going to be competitive with Baga in this era then it would be right now. We have a 35 yr old QB and a solid secondary playing against them in a "neutral" site when they've just lost a bunch of starters and are rolling out a completely inexperienced QB.
I agree if you watched their spring game if bryce young gets banged up it could be lights out for bama. I wasnt impressed with what they had behind him.

Everyone talking about the lack of experience returning for Bama in terms of players and experience playing. The bigger factor, IMO, by far, is leadership. We have one of the most mature teams in the country and Bama has one of the least. Who flinches when the lights are at their brightest? Who fights back when they get punched in the mouth?

I'm not sitting here saying we're gonna win, but anyone saying there's no chance needs to turn in their Cane gear and go be a gator. You don't deserve this program that built its history on slaying giants.
Great post.

Everyone talking about the lack of experience returning for Bama in terms of players and experience playing. The bigger factor, IMO, by far, is leadership. We have one of the most mature teams in the country and Bama has one of the least. Who flinches when the lights are at their brightest? Who fights back when they get punched in the mouth?
Yea this cannot be emphasized enough. Just to provide background, Bama players vote 4 "Permanent Captains" to have their cleat and handprint engraved on the Quad. This past year was the first time ever that it was all offensive players (Mac Jones, Alex Leatherwood, Devonta Smith, and Landon ****erson). Now add Najee Harris and Jaylen Waddle being gone as well. By all accounts, those 6 were the hard working alphas of the team. This not even mentioning that all 6 went in the top-40 picks in the draft. That's an insane amount of talented leaders to lose on 1 side of the ball along with the best offensive coordinator Bama has had under Saban.

In short, this game is a big concern. We saw what happened to LSU after they lost a similar amount of talent. Im just looking forward to witnessing a game in front of an electric capacity crowd again

Advertisement
If we and I know it's a big if but if we stop their running game it's an upset and college football goes on notice...a cat 5 is forming in da Gulf 🙌🏿

Advertisement
coaching is whats gonna be the deciding factor. we have the talent. bama has ex nfl head coaches as position coaches

I'm more worried about our offense again Bama's defense than I am about our defense against their offense.

Why is that?? We have the most experienced O-line in the nation right now.. QB advantage if healthy also.. I think we have 2 elite WR's, a very good TE, and talented backfield. I think Bama will have their hands full if our defense can stop the run.

Why is that?? We have the most experienced O-line in the nation right now.. QB advantage if healthy also.. I think we have 2 elite WR's, a very good TE, and talented backfield. I think Bama will have their hands full if our defense can stop the run.
Mostly because of the talent they return on defense, particularly the line.

Advertisement
Back