Alabama game

I mean like if we win I would be super happy but really thinking of it.....tbh they would still pluck who they want. We would think it would help us but it will be right back to normal.
They’ve had a crazy dynasty over the last decade and they spend out the *** on players. That’s not really saying much. But if Miami were to beat Bama and parlay that into a CFP appearance, then it absolutely would help. There’s absolutely zero question about that.

Advertisement
They’ve had a crazy dynasty over the last decade and they spend out the *** on players. That’s not really saying much. But if Miami were to beat Bama and parlay that into a CFP appearance, then it absolutely would help. There’s absolutely zero question about that.
Would it be so UM we win but have a ****** season lol

Advertisement
Bumping this thread b/c like I said, NO EXCUSE to get blown out by this version of Alabama. I’ve been trying to tell u on paper we should at the very least be competitive in this game.

82A67472-9654-40F3-93C8-DAC4A0606860.jpeg

Don’t do this man.

We know they’ve been recruiting champions, but this is the 1st time in a while where they are young & inexperienced especially on the O side of the ball. Typically, they just reloaded w/ guys playing behind older guys. But now the youngins gotta start.

Again, I’m not saying win; but like Joaquin said, be F’ing competitive. We should not be losing by 21+ to this version of Bama, and I’m being generous.

Advertisement
STATS: FSU (3) vs Alabama (1) 2017 in Atlanta

Jimbo left and the decline continued:

2017 went 7-6

2018 went 5-7

2019 went 6-7 Willie fired

2020 went 3-6 Norvell

We will not go in ranked number 3 but hopefully we are competitive. Alabama ranked number 1, us 14. Our history is to play big in big games, I believe that continues! This is an important game even though it is Out of Conference.

Correlation =/= causation and this is a huge reach for correlation.

Fraggle Rock GIF by Apple TV

Everyone talking about the lack of experience returning for Bama in terms of players and experience playing. The bigger factor, IMO, by far, is leadership. We have one of the most mature teams in the country and Bama has one of the least. Who flinches when the lights are at their brightest? Who fights back when they get punched in the mouth?

I'm not sitting here saying we're gonna win, but anyone saying there's no chance needs to turn in their Cane gear and go be a gator. You don't deserve this program that built its history on slaying giants.

Everyone talking about the lack of experience returning for Bama in terms of players and experience playing. The bigger factor, IMO, by far, is leadership. We have one of the most mature teams in the country and Bama has one of the least. Who flinches when the lights are at their brightest? Who fights back when they get punched in the mouth?

I'm not sitting here saying we're gonna win, but anyone saying there's no chance needs to turn in their Cane gear and go be a gator. You don't deserve this program that built its history on slaying giants.

Thank you! That’s all I’m saying. I said 50/50 & I stand by that. But more importantly, I stand by us not getting blown out. If we get yoked for 21+ against THIS version of Bama, w/ the least amount of experience, overall, in years?? Man, I dunno

Advertisement
Thank you! That’s all I’m saying. I said 50/50 & I stand by that. But more importantly, I stand by us not getting blown out. If we get yoked for 21+ against THIS version of Bama, w/ the least amount of experience, overall, in years?? Man, I dunno

But the problem with you saying it is that you're rational and a real 'Cane, and this site at this point is roughly 40% chicken littles ready to jump ship for another team at a moment's notice.

If we just get run over, I wouldn't look too much into it, tbh. Saban is spectacular in these games (I think he's 9-0 in OOC openers) and their OL and DL are probably both much better than ours. I'd guess they merely look to run the ball, play ball control and stay conservative on D. On talent alone they should probably be expected to win.

I like our chances more than most. I think Diaz told Lashlee when he interviewed that 2020 is about managing and showing improvement and the job interview starts with Bama. Lashlee, without question, already knew that. If we can pass protect and consistently catch the ball (let alone make contested catches) we definitely have a shot.

But the problem with you saying it is that you're rational and a real 'Cane, and this site at this point is roughly 40% chicken littles ready to jump ship for another team at a moment's notice.

If we just get run over, I wouldn't look too much into it, tbh. Saban is spectacular in these games (I think he's 9-0 in OOC openers) and their OL and DL are probably both much better than ours. I'd guess they merely look to run the ball, play ball control and stay conservative on D. On talent alone they should probably be expected to win.

I like our chances more than most. I think Diaz told Lashlee when he interviewed that 2020 is about managing and showing improvement and the job interview starts with Bama. Lashlee, without question, already knew that. If we can pass protect and consistently catch the ball (let alone make contested catches) we definitely have a shot.

I think I posted it on here, but if we lose to Bama, I really wouldn’t care. Honestly. Do I wanna see us get motor boated?? **** naw; but, I’m more concerned w/ our games against MSU, NCSt (b/c we were in a str8 dog fight w/ them & took a miracle to beat them), and of course UNC! Now here’s a game if we lose to them, after that embarrassment & the fact they, too, lost a lot of talent….I may go nuclear. Lol.

But we should definitely win 10 games w/ a trip to ACCCG this yr.

Do I wanna see us get motor boated??
Nothing against a good old motorboat...

But jokes aside, I really dont care too much about the score. Yes, Bama does not return a whole lot of players, but they still have a talent advantage that wont work in our favor. I want to see us compete and fight against a young football team with a lack of experience.

What I dont want to see is big mouthing before the game. Focus on yourself and your warmups and the task at hand. Its hard enough to beat Bama without provoking them to kick your butt.

Advertisement

Yes. Great leaders make great teams. Alabama has had the #1 recruiting class 8 of the last 10 years and a championship coach to boot but what happened when Joe Burrows shows up? All of Alabama's horses and all of Alabama's men couldn't couldn't beat them. Alabama never beat Trevor Lawrence. Jimbo Fisher made a championship run based on Jameis Winston. Remove Jameis and suddenly Jimbo is a pedestrian coach and FSU stinks.

Talents is one thing but grit, will and fight are all balancing factors in football. The best don't always win.

I think that DK will be the difference. If he plays his A game we're going to move the ball and that's almost always why we've failed in big games. We can't move the ball when the lights are too bright.

Bumping this thread b/c like I said, NO EXCUSE to get blown out by this version of Alabama. I’ve been trying to tell u on paper we should at the very least be competitive in this game.

No way bruh them dudes reloading don't be fooled. I'm just hoping they look rusty....my real question is besides our OL and DL....how tf is our wrs are going to separate from those dbs they normally have? And being that bama will create pressure those windows will look smaller for King. I'm real worried about that cause I'm assuming bama will stop our run game without any effort at all.

Lol y’all don’t even let a win be entertained in your mind.Bama’s had the #1 recruiting class 8 out of the last 10 years and we needed transfers at CB and WR.

forget about it.
There is no way we beat these guys people don't follow recruiting. Them dudes got first rounders sitting on the bench that are next up. People forget who those guys recruit

No way bruh them dudes reloading don't be fooled. I'm just hoping they look rusty....my real question is besides our OL and DL....how tf is our wrs are going to separate from those dbs they normally have? And being that bama will create pressure those windows will look smaller for King. I'm real worried about that cause I'm assuming bama will stop our run game without any effort at all.

As I've been saying all off-season, I expect Bama's offense to take a pretty sizeable step back and their defense to be better. So you might be right, and it's not like we've proven we can run the ball against any elite teams lately. BUT, the Bama defense was not great last year and while they ranked pretty well overall against the run, there were some teams who had success.

A&M got 115 on them
Ole Miss got 268 on them (at 4.7 a clip)
UGA got 145 on them (4.83 a carry)
Tennessee, Auburn, ND and OSU all had over 100 yards rushing as well.

I don't think 100 is anything great, so I don't want to set the bar there, but we only had 89 against Clemson. 87 in the opener against the gator 2 years ago (the 12 thousand sacks had a lot to do with that). We really haven't even been able to run it against FSU except for last year. So prior history says, when we play teams with good talent in the front 7, we run into a brick wall. But Bama, again, wasn't elite in that department last season. I think if we can get to 150 on the ground, we can be in the game well into the 2nd half. If we go out in the first half and run it 17 times for 38 yards, just forget it.

Advertisement
Back