Al blades vs Asante samuel

Advertisement
Fck the FSU guy. I'm always rolling with the Cane.
Yeah forget that somamabich!!!
7B6A5E7A-D91C-4A1A-83ED-39813BAA8854.jpeg

Advertisement
Samuel getting exposed if he plays on the outside.

Blades is a lock down corner that's going to dominate.

I go with the guy who has a Thorpe winner in his family. It's in his DNA to be THE alpha of this defense in a year or two. So important to our culture to have a Blades in the backfield hitting sticking & busting D on a daily basis.

I think Rumph is a good college position coach. Campbell and Surtain not interested in Rumph coaching them will give us some answers in 3 years. If Blades and Ivy turn out then and Campbell and surtain do not then we know they did not want the tough love Rumph would be giving them. If Campbell and Surtain turn out and our guys do not then we know Rumph is not as advertised and those 2 knew it from the beginning. This should be interesting.

How is it that Blades could not start for his HS team?

Advertisement
I think Rumph is a good college position coach. Campbell and Surtain not interested in Rumph coaching them will give us some answers in 3 years. If Blades and Ivy turn out then and Campbell and surtain do not then we know they did not want the tough love Rumph would be giving them. If Campbell and Surtain turn out and our guys do not then we know Rumph is not as advertised and those 2 knew it from the beginning. This should be interesting.

I’ve asked myself the same question. I really don’t understand why he didn’t start.

What? He shut down the whole side of the field at his all star game, but he doesn't have what it takes to be successful? He may move to safety like his daddy but he will be a **** good player.
Considering that his uncle is in a thre way race with Reed and ST for greatest Cane safety of all time and that safety is the position he can best lead from, why would he lay anything else. Let Blades be Blades.

Rumph has already proved he can turn players who had no nfl future to potential 1st round picks. Frierson, Blades, Ivey, and Bethel will be easy for him to turn into all conference/ all American talents with high draft projections.

Surtain and Campbell's decision had nothing to do with Rumph they were just SEC Bama groupies.

Rumph has already proved he can turn players who had no nfl future to potential 1st round picks. Frierson, Blades, Ivey, and Bethel will be easy for him to turn into all conference/ all American talents with high draft projections.

Surtain and Campbell's decision had nothing to do with Rumph they were just SEC Bama groupies.

Agreed. Rumph has done a good job with talent that has been middling by Miami standards. He may not be a salesman, but so far he looks like he can develop talent.

Advertisement
Can we stop with the Blades family reference to emphasize why you think they are going to be good. Kids are all different. You still want Ray Lewis kid starting here? How about Vinny T kid. Even in Horse racing where the stud horse is sireing 4 times a day you don’t know what kind of race horse your going to get.

I’ve asked myself the same question. I really don’t understand why he didn’t start.

At the high school level, it's clear as day that Blades wasn't one of the two best on his team. That doesn't mean that his play doesn't translate to the next level where the players are bigger, faster, and stronger. Asante, he will have some physical limitations in college in that the bigger WR's should be a matchup nightmare for him. Blades has more versatility in that regard. Want a smaller slot receiver covered, Asante is the guy. Average height, Asante again at this stage but Blades wouldn't be a liability here. Bigger, Cager, Hightower, etc....Asante would get worked.

Advertisement
At the high school level, it's clear as day that Blades wasn't one of the two best on his team. That doesn't mean that his play doesn't translate to the next level where the players are bigger, faster, and stronger. Asante, he will have some physical limitations in college in that the bigger WR's should be a matchup nightmare for him. Blades has more versatility in that regard. Want a smaller slot receiver covered, Asante is the guy. Average height, Asante again at this stage but Blades wouldn't be a liability here. Bigger, Cager, Hightower, etc....Asante would get worked.
Excellent post.

Samuels is more polished at this stage, but Blades has the measurable to matchup with any WR. Honestly, it really depends on how they're used. Asante is still a legit 5'10. Not sure if Blade have the top end speed as Asante, but definitely more aggressive. Crazy to think, Blades came off the bench last year for St. Thomas, which I can understand why his family gave the coach the cold shoulder on signing day lol
Blades has as much or more top end speed--Lou Bing meet Saturday--400m

Boys 400 Meter Dash
================================================================================
Name Year School Prelims Finals Points
================================================================================
Finals
1 Tyrese Cooper 11 Norland 46.54
2 Peter Anderson 12 Hallandale 47.70
3 DaeQwan Butler 12 Piper 49.10
4 Jovan Ferguson 10 Aquinas 49.14
5 Alphonso Blades 12 Aquinas 49.76
6 Jamal Cooney 11 Aquinas 49.94
7 Ethan Hanna 10 Piper 49.99
-- Gabriel Serrano 12 Cypress Bay 48.58 DNF

Im convinced the reason PS2 and Campbell are elsewhere is because they didn't want to compete against this dawg. They wanted it handed to them and that wasnt happening with Al Blades here. Campbell is soft. I envision Ezzard putting him in the stands when The U plays UGA in the playoffs in 2020
Uga wont be in the playoffs in 2020...kirby had a 1 year hit with 31 seniors. They will not make it pass bama in seccg and the ncaa will not be putting 2 sec teams in the playoffs again. By 2020, Dan Mullins will have UFuk kicking uga *** on the regular again, taking over the sec east. But i get your point, ran to the sec when i cant even name a uga corner in the league

Advertisement
Back