Al blades vs Asante samuel

*takes off caneshades

Blades has the higher ceiling than samuels, but samuels plays like a 5 star corner when blades has the potential to be a great corner if he can put it all together, we should have both of them on team

* puts caneshades back on

Blades all day everyday

Advertisement
Blades films shows he improved tremendously between his Junior and Senior year. If he shows the same trajectory under Rumph I don't see why he wouldn't be at least an all conference player by the time he leaves Miami.

Yearby vs Cook, the same topic but different names.

Blades, we'll see, but I feel he'll make the move to safety at some point. Not necessarily right away, but down the road.

Asante, very good corner, but may be limited size wise at this level. Simply put, he will have to stay away from bigger WR's that a lot of teams are moving to.

Pro potential favors Blades due to his size.

Both got guys with a lot of potential.

Advertisement
Blades absolutely has everything needed physically. And he seems to have the mindset. If Rumph is 1/2 the technical coach that some here suggest he is, Blades should be a monster.
Go look at the cb play the last 2 years results speak for themselves. Rumph had cbs 2 drafted in 2016, 3 all conference players at corner, freshman cb Trajan bandy and Michael Jackson were both top 5 in lowest passer rating allowed vs acc opponents this season by acc defensive backs. Rumph is going to mold him

Advertisement
I'll take Blades. Samuels is more polished as a cover guy right now, but Blades has more long-run potential. He checks off all the physical traits, plus he's tough as nails.

Whoever said Blades isn't quick enough is out of their mind. He had a very impressive shuttle time at the combines. He's got the tools, he just needs to polish his cover skills, which I think he'll do under Rumph.

I'll take Blades. Samuels is more polished as a cover guy right now, but Blades has more long-run potential. He checks off all the physical traits, plus he's tough as nails.

Whoever said Blades isn't quick enough is out of their mind. He had a very impressive shuttle time at the combines. He's got the tools, he just needs to polish his cover skills, which I think he'll do under Rumph.
His coverage skills is not even the problem, he shut down top rated receivers at the opening, rivals 5 star camp, and at the Under Armour game. He just has to play

Go look at the cb play the last 2 years results speak for themselves. Rumph had cbs 2 drafted in 2016, 3 all conference players at corner, freshman cb Trajan bandy and Michael Jackson were both top 5 in lowest passer rating allowed vs acc opponents this season by acc defensive backs. Rumph is going to mold him

SMH

Advertisement

U never know man that polish can sustain itself and he could be a polished cover guy at fsu, dude is small but fluid and great hip along with footwork and fast enough. I guess people think our guy will improve while he wont, I expect both to improve but for Samuel to be the better pure DB. Im hoping to be wrong but thats what I saw coming out and I cant change the way I think because they got it him and we got Blades.

Blades is a Dog, yes he could have only get a scholly, but the guy real has great raw awareness. With proper coaching yes he could be 1st rd as a Jr.

Advertisement
Interesting thread, Rumph has certainly been a disappointing in the recruiting aspect of things(to say the least) but it's clear that he has some real material to work with in this upcoming class. Blades is the type of guy if coached up properly can be a quality starter/all-ACC type.

Rumph ,you're on the clock...

Interesting thread, Rumph has certainly been a disappointing in the recruiting aspect of things(to say the least) but it's clear that he has some real material to work with in this upcoming class. Blades is the type of guy if coached up properly can be a quality starter/all-ACC type.

Rumph ,you're on the clock...

The thing with South Florida DB recruiting is we can miss on the top guys like Campbell and Surtain and still bring in a very good classes. There is just so much DB talent within 70 miles of our campus. Don't get me wrong -- I'd prefer to get the really elite guys. But if there is one position we can get survive having a poor recruiting coach, it's DB.

Advertisement
Back