Al blades vs Asante samuel

Dont think Al has the quicks to be too successful. Had to offer him though -- He'll be a ST demon
LOL. Al Blades, Jr. has a better shuttle time than Tyson Campbell and Pat Surtain, Jr. and is definitely quicker than either one of them. Al Blades, Jr. has all of the measurables that schools are looking for in DBs and he has an incredible work ethic.

Advertisement
Samuels is more polished at this stage, but Blades has the measurable to matchup with any WR. Honestly, it really depends on how they're used. Asante is still a legit 5'10. Not sure if Blade have the top end speed as Asante, but definitely more aggressive. Crazy to think, Blades came off the bench last year for St. Thomas, which I can understand why his family gave the coach the cold shoulder on signing day lol

"Not sure Blades has Asantes top end "?

Umm what?

Advertisement
You're all either not watching the same video I am or you don't know what to look for.

Blades is not "upside, potential, height/speed, project, etc". That's Tyson Campbell or Josh Jobe. Samuel is certainly not close to "polished" either. That's Surtain (or Blades). You're all basing these comments on the red herring of who does and does not start for a HS team. This fact is blown up without any understanding of context or evaluation of traits that actually matter at the Power 5 college level.

If you watch Blades vs. Samuel in man coverage it's night and day in terms of technique, skills and ability. Then you throw in Samuel's physical limitations and I have a tough time seeing him as more than a Greg Reid-esque whipping boy at corner, but without the return ability.

LOL. Al Blades, Jr. has a better shuttle time than Tyson Campbell and Pat Surtain, Jr. and is definitely quicker than either one of them. Al Blades, Jr. has all of the measurables that schools are looking for in DBs and he has an incredible work ethic.
yep, people literally just spew sh*t on here

blades jr will be the best DB out of this '18 class imo

I’m sorry, remind me which one had the orange and green U on their helmet? You say Blades? The Canes legacy? Our version of royalty?

No thank you to all you silk smoking jacket wearing, spats sporting, cigarette holder puffing, fair-minded fine gentlemen.

Us free swinging **** unabashed unashamed canes fans are gonna stick with our own.

Al Blades all fūcking day long.

Im convinced the reason PS2 and Campbell are elsewhere is because they didn't want to compete against this dawg. They wanted it handed to them and that wasnt happening with Al Blades here. Campbell is soft. I envision Ezzard putting him in the stands when The U plays UGA in the playoffs in 2020

Advertisement

When porsting made up shlt pulled out of your *** goes horribly wrong.

Advertisement
Asante made the most of what he has and will be a solid corner in college

Blades with proper coaching has the tools to be a day 1 draft pick and star here
The DB coach at St Thomas is Sam Madison, I would like to think he got some really good coaching.

Advertisement
Asante is going to be elite in college imho. Blades is a project with a high ceiling.

Not going to go homer. Who knows, maybe it turns into Yearby/Cook situation. All I have to say is we ****ed up not going after both day 1. Both alpha personalities that would keep up the turnover chain hype.

Asante didn't give up a catch last year. Blades kept that bench warm for him. Hopefully it turns into a Yearby/Cook situation. But facts are facts.

Advertisement
Back