Aggie Predictions for Week 2 at Miami

Advertisement
AtM has much more a baseline than Miami from a roster consistency perspective.
Both had wildly unexpected seasons, but A&M should have more returning starters and had a much more consistent defense. But that defense benefited from a slower paced offense than they will see this year under Petrino and, while I think Petrino is a fantastic play caller, I am very much "wait and see" on how the Jimbo/Petrino experiment actually plays out.

And, FWIW, Vegas has A&M as 6.5 point favorites.

Advertisement
They'll have a solid defense, possibly even a top 10 or top 5 defense. We'll have to be clicking on all cylinders to put up enough points to win. No clue right now if we've got the offense for that. Petrino, if he's still got it, will test this defense that's largely new.

They'll have a solid defense, possibly even a top 10 or top 5 defense. We'll have to be clicking on all cylinders to put up enough points to win. No clue right now if we've got the offense for that. Petrino, if he's still got it, will test this defense that's largely new.
It's also a question of how much leeway Jimbo gives him and how much Petrino takes.

Advertisement
Miami goes 1-0 on the week. It’s not a T-shirt you can take on and off; how you do anything is how you do everything. 24-hour rule and then we’re back—to work (on our next opponent).

Advertisement
Fresh off a 5-7 season while overpaying TVD to stay, I would say *** To Mouth is a must win

We need to win games to show we are approaching relevance to get the best recruits… to continue to approach relevance

We need to coach to win this type of game. Last year we didn’t, we coached and played to be in the game against the mighty Texas 8&4’s in an ultimate battle of 5-7 teams and took a moral victory.

The team folded for the season after that loss.

If we avoid the self inflicted wounds we will have a chance to win. Seriously every big game we have we muff a punt. Missed field goals killed us too

At home and it should be loud. We’re better at probably every position except punter? I think. Staff is better. It’s early so I think neither team will have the offense rolling with new OC’s on both sides. Although both are experienced play callers.

I think the only prediction that can be made with any certainty involving a matchup of these two un-readable teams is that Cuckbo's seat would get real hot very early in the year if he loses this tilt. I think he's got something like $80+ mil left on his deal but you'd definitely start to hear speculation as to if the oil money would cover a buyout.

Advertisement
I think the only prediction that can be made with any certainty involving a matchup of these two un-readable teams is that Cuckbo's seat would get real hot very early in the year if he loses this tilt. I think he's got something like $80+ mil left on his deal but you'd definitely start to hear speculation as to if the oil money would cover a buyout.
you can only go
9-4
8-5
9-1(covid)
8-4
5-7

for so long. he's a terrific recruiter..and nobody does less with more than Jumbo.

How anyone has confidence going into that game is beyond me. We’ve won what maybe 4 games in 20 years where the other team had more talent than us? I expect another terribly played death struggle by both teams. Petrino offense vs a very aggressive Guidry defense scares me

Last edited:
you can only go
9-4
8-5
9-1(covid)
8-4
5-7

for so long. he's a terrific recruiter..and nobody does less with more than Jumbo.
Totally agree but those numbers also ARE what Tamu has been for like the last 25 years. Kind of a perfect match. A school that historically doesn't get its money worth with a coach that does less with the MOAR money you throw at him.

It's nearly impossible to predict outcomes before the season in the NIL era.

47% roster turnover at Miami and I imagine aTm had a similar offseason.

Advertisement
Back