Aggie Predictions for Week 2 at Miami

Advertisement
Petrino is taking the elevator from the booth straight down to his Harley with a 21 year-old on the back and bolting the first time Jimbo tries to interfere
my man lol GIF by Steve Harvey TV

It’s way too early to breakdown this matchup and it will be too early in September. But based on what we know right now, I mean is A&M really that good? I understand they had some legendary recruiting class in 2022 but haven’t a lot of these kids bailed on Jimbo & Co after one season? This doesn’t seem like an up and coming program right now. I can’t name their starting QB or any notable player off the top of my head. I’m sure they’ve got some talent but I don’t think they’ll win anymore than 8 games in 2023.

With that being said, this is a home game in week 2. We’ve got a staff making mega millions to win big games. They’re certainly beatable. We should at least expect a close contest if not an early W. Like others have said, we arguably outplayed them last year and lost by 1 possession despite fielding a historically bad team. I’d like to believe we can find a way to win this rematch.

Advertisement
This game should be a win. Jimbo has stacked class on top of class and hasn't gotten squat out of it. We have the talent. I just hope we have the coaching.

A&M in the power rankings were a solid team. Their record would be better if they weren’t in the SEC West.

Their defense last year was Top 25, and they return most of it.

And they add a proven big time OC.

We’re hoping for a drastic improvement on both offense and defense. And doing that with an OC that basically has one year of offensive success.

They just need a little improvement to be a Top 25 caliber team, and it’s easy to see them getting that improvement with Petrino.

It’s not as easy to see that can of jump from us next year.

Since haven't seen either team play who knows.

Vegas has us 17.5 point favs over Miami Ohio. Until I get Middle Tenn St permanently removed from my brain I wouldn't give 17.5 points over anybody. May not know much after the Miami Ohio game, but will have some feel for the new offense and will get looks at the LBs and all the new DBs.

It’s way too early to breakdown this matchup and it will be too early in September. But based on what we know right now, I mean is A&M really that good? I understand they had some legendary recruiting class in 2022 but haven’t a lot of these kids bailed on Jimbo & Co after one season? This doesn’t seem like an up and coming program right now. I can’t name their starting QB or any notable player off the top of my head. I’m sure they’ve got some talent but I don’t think they’ll win anymore than 8 games in 2023.

With that being said, this is a home game in week 2. We’ve got a staff making mega millions to win big games. They’re certainly beatable. We should at least expect a close contest if not an early W. Like others have said, we arguably outplayed them last year and lost by 1 possession despite fielding a historically bad team. I’d like to believe we can find a way to win this rematch.
Last few years in offseason when playing an early SEC team we say the same thing.. We havent looked good going against that conference early season at all recently.. AT. ALL. Until we prove it otherwise no reason to believe it can happen..

Advertisement
Last few years in offseason when playing an early SEC team we say the same thing.. We havent looked good going against that conference early season at all recently.. AT. ALL. Until we prove it otherwise no reason to believe it can happen..
We played LSU with Joe Burrow and Alabama fresh off a national title. Those were CFP contenders/finalists. A&M is not at their level.

We played LSU with Joe Burrow and Alabama fresh off a national title. Those were CFP contenders/finalists. A&M is not at their level.
Before those game on this very board guys were talking the team up, Burrow was definietly not "Joe Burreaux" yet as he just transferred and they werent even in joe brady offense til a year later.. they actually made the change because of blandness to offense..

their biggest issue was offense. well see if petrino was a hire in name alone and they still run the jimslo crap or they actually transitioned the offense into modern day football. they def have the talent to be ELITE if they can get their Xs and Os right.

Before those game on this very board guys were talking the team up, Burrow was definietly not "Joe Burreaux" yet as he just transferred and they werent even in joe brady offense til a year later.. they actually made the change because of blandness to offense..
I know, but they still finished 10-3 in 2018 and won a NY6 game. While Burrow was still growing as a QB, LSU was loaded with talent on both sides of the ball. At the time it seemed like an awful loss. Considering 2018 was a stepping stone for a historic 2019 for LSU, it doesn’t seem as bad looking back. Most people probably forgot how awful our kicking situation was back then too, specifically punting. We had that one kid who consistently shanked 10 yard punts out of bounds. Those are essentially undocumented turnovers. That game against LSU could have been worse considering how terrible we played.

Alabama is Alabama. Anyone with high expectations coming into the 2021 opener was fooling themselves. They dismantle everyone they play in Week 1 neutral site matchups and most teams afterwards, year in year out. Unfortunately we were just another statistic.

A&M is neither LSU or Alabama. They’re 13-11 over the past 2 seasons and usually finish in the middle/bottom of their division. It’s a winnable game.

Advertisement
Can someone provide a bag of weed to each of their players? At least one will light it up in the locker room.

Advertisement
I thought Petrino was a motorcycle riding school operator, that goes by the nickname "Crash."

We gotta beat the crap outta ATM - Crash or no Crash.

Pack the rock and anything is possible

Advertisement
Back