Aggie Predictions for Week 2 at Miami

Miami outgained them last year with Gattis calling plays. The muffed punt was the difference. That and Mario playing to keep it close instead of actually trying to win.
the last thing no OC can change if the hC doesn't change his mindset. I dont expect to see the same mindset this year esp at home

Advertisement
the last thing no OC can change if the hC doesn't change his mindset. I dont expect to see the same mindset this year esp at home
I can understand playing it close to the vest on the road but when you’re late in the fourth quarter, down by seven, you don’t kick field goals.

Well who knows what's going to happen but Bobby Petrino will be the new OC and they have 15 returning starters. I think too many people here have their hopes way too high for a successful season. I hope I'm wrong

Well who knows what's going to happen but Bobby Petrino will be the new OC and they have 15 returning starters. I think too many people here have their hopes way too high for a successful season. I hope I'm wrong
What does our season’s success have to do with a singular game most people expect us to lose in?

I see you haven’t changed a bit.

I'm a realist and I see things as a fan but also as objective as I can. I have been through 40 seasons with the Hurricanes and have been to EVERY MAJOR home game since 1983. Been a season ticket holder for almost 35 seasons. Many away games too. This program has been the on the sidelines for about 20 years with the exception of a couple of yours. I base my opinions on what I see unlike many here. I am a DIEHARD Canes fan and that would be an understatement. Your point is not well taken. When are we going to win the big games? I don't see Miami winning more than 6-7 games and that's if TVD stays healthy and plays to his capabilities. Yes, Mario is a great recruiter and says all the right things but he needs MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT as a day game coach because he is as bad as it gets. He needs to change his ways and thinking during the game and stop playing conservative to the point it's sickening. Jimmy, Dennis, and Howard were very aggressive and rolled the dice. Mario needs to be the same.

Advertisement
Mario has some big wins under his belt. He's very capable of winning this game. I just gotta see TVD first. Don't really trust or believe in him. I gotta see him week 1. I know it's against a **** opponent but I'm looking to see comfort & confidence. He always looks so off to me.

Advertisement
TVD, the trenches, and both coordinators gotta be prepared and execute vs an unpredictable yet talented ATM squad. I think it will be a tightly contested game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's been a while since Bobby Petrino ran a good offense. After Lamar Jackson left Louisville, his offense went into the toilet. Then he got fired. The last 3 years he's fielded below average offenses at a FCS school.

Lamar hid a lot of the problems with the offense at Louisville with his ridiculous athleticism and improvisational skill. Petrino isn't the same level talent he was 10 + years ago.

Depends on a few things for me.. their OL should be really good with what they have on paper. They didn't play like it last year. How improved are they going to be? It's not strictly on paper, they have guys that have shown it on tape and then regressed last year. We're well aware of what a bad OL can make an offense look like.

How healthy is Ainias Smith going to be? Game changer at punt and kick return and a safety blanket in the slot. They have all the weapons they need outside and a guy that can stretch the field in the slot but no one that is a dangerous route runner from the slot unless Smith is full-go.

Their DL is going to be **** to block, they bring back their 3 best LBs, bring back their best cover corner, leading tackler at safety, a few more experienced DBs, added Tony Grimes and Sam McCall from the portal. All 3 levels are legit and experienced.

They have some weapons outside in Evan Stewart, Moose Muhammed, Smith, a transfer from Kentucky (might be one of the fastest kids in the country - 10.2 100 out of HS), and a really underrated transfer from Grand Valley State. If Petrino pumps some life into that offense they can be really dangerous.

We will both probably looks like different teams. I could see any result from us blowing them out to them blowing us out and anything in between and wouldn't be surprised.

Depends on a few things for me.. their OL should be really good with what they have on paper. They didn't play like it last year. How improved are they going to be? It's not strictly on paper, they have guys that have shown it on tape and then regressed last year. We're well aware of what a bad OL can make an offense look like.

How healthy is Ainias Smith going to be? Game changer at punt and kick return and a safety blanket in the slot. They have all the weapons they need outside and a guy that can stretch the field in the slot but no one that is a dangerous route runner from the slot unless Smith is full-go.

Their DL is going to be **** to block, they bring back their 3 best LBs, bring back their best cover corner, leading tackler at safety, a few more experienced DBs, added Tony Grimes and Sam McCall from the portal. All 3 levels are legit and experienced.

They have some weapons outside in Evan Stewart, Moose Muhammed, Smith, a transfer from Kentucky (might be one of the fastest kids in the country - 10.2 100 out of HS), and a really underrated transfer from Grand Valley State. If Petrino pumps some life into that offense they can be really dangerous.

We will both probably looks like different teams. I could see any result from us blowing them out to them blowing us out and anything in between and wouldn't be surprised.
The question is, will Jumbo let Petrino call plays or will it be Jumbo taking over on game day...as he wants to do.

Advertisement
Back