Bama's offense was so good this year because it had Bama talent and BYU age. Look at the starting offense:

Mac Jones- 4th year
Najee Harris- 4th year
Devonta Smith- 4th year
Millar Forristal- 5th year
Landon ****erson- 5th year
Chris Owens- 5th year
Deonte Brown- 5th year
Alex Leatherwood- 4th year
Emil Ekiyor- 3rd year
Jaylen Waddle- 3rd year

The only two young players were Evan Neal and John Metchie, both sophomores.

The best thing about next year's Miami team is going to be the experience. We're finally seeing some talented players return to school and make reasonable NFL decisions. We'll still be a hundred point underdogs against Bama, and for good reason, but our age will help us in that game and the rest of the season.
Imagine if all those guys comeback! That 100 point underdog line will be 200 points!!

Advertisement
I agree 99% but we could use the 3 linemen as experienced depth. Not starters but jus depth!
I'm not opposed to trying Clark at his natural position (Center). Gaynor can't even snap the ball and Scaife is a nightmare at guard. Sure depth is fine because Justice doesn't rotate anyone unless an injury happens. If Williams stays then he and Zion at T, Rivers and Donaldson at G, and Clark or Reed at C. Move Campbell inside also.

Did you look at Leatherwood that dude is 100% man. He looked like he lived in the weight room. I still believe they pumping HGH to them boys at Bama because they all look ridiculous. The backup to Harris might’ve been bigger than him. Whole team just look like Freaks
amen, Bama and top notch schools have state of the ART S &C program complete with special sauce

Advertisement
This is how teams like Alabama can get away with playing freshman. They don’t HAVE to rely on them, if they have a special talent that needs to see the field early, he’s surrounded by upperclassmen. Playing a roster full of first and second year players is a recipe for disaster but if you can spoon feed the younger guys while they share the field with mostly experienced players, it will only help their development.

Bama's offense was so good this year because it had Bama talent and BYU age. Look at the starting offense:

Mac Jones- 4th year
Najee Harris- 4th year
Devonta Smith- 4th year
Chris Owens- 5th year
Deonte Brown- 5th year
Emil Ekiyor- 3rd year
Jaylen Waddle- 3rd year

The best thing about next year's Miami team is going to be the experience. We're finally seeing some talented players return to school and make reasonable NFL decisions. We'll still be a hundred point underdogs against Bama, and for good reason, but our age will help us in that game and the rest of the season.
And most importantly Deer antler spray. We need to get some of that down here.

Lets the sunshine for next season commence...........that list could be sophomores and make the playoffs smh. Every year man, they have to sit to win at Bama they are already in perfect form. Elite kids will go they have got kids thinking NFL they are already in brain wash mode. Bama recruits itself now, bama will destroy us with a frosh built team

Advertisement
I’m not going to do this to myself. In the last 15 yrs, I’ve seen the phase of Miami being a veteran team & get bludgeoned.
The fan base excuse? “Just wait til Shannon’ Golden, Richt, and Diaz’s players come in. Then we’ll see change. Or; “why are the young players not playing over (insert player’s name)”

I’ve seen the phase of Miami being a young team & get bludgeoned. The fan base excuse? “Just wait til we get a little older, and then we’ll see change.” Or; I can’t believe we didn’t go after (insert player’s name). We need experience.”

It’s the everlasting hamster wheel that sucks us (naw, some of ya’ll) in every single season. It’s the joy of being a fan; but hope is a very dangerous word when results aren’t shown. For me? I’m a very logical fan w/ all my teams. Logic tells me to sit back, wait, & become pleasantly surprised & not overly disappointed b/c I tapped in to my want & hope as a Homer.

Miami has to find a way to keep talented Upperclassmen coming back and finishing. Experience does matter, and the elites tend to have it. That said, you also have to make sure that you are giving them a reason to do so, you must show results, to where they can point to them coming back and developing. Miami hasn't had a strong player development(IE coaching) staff in well over 20 years.

I’m not going to do this to myself. In the last 15 yrs, I’ve seen the phase of Miami being a veteran team & get bludgeoned.
The fan base excuse? “Just wait til Shannon’ Golden, Richt, and Diaz’s players come in. Then we’ll see change. Or; “why are the young players not playing over (insert player’s name)”

I’ve seen the phase of Miami being a young team & get bludgeoned. The fan base excuse? “Just wait til we get a little older, and then we’ll see change.” Or; I can’t believe we didn’t go after (insert player’s name). We need experience.”

It’s the everlasting hamster wheel that sucks us (naw, some of ya’ll) in every single season. It’s the joy of being a fan; but hope is a very dangerous word when results aren’t shown. For me? I’m a very logical fan w/ all my teams. Logic tells me to sit back, wait, & become pleasantly surprised & not overly disappointed b/c I tapped in to my want & hope as a Homer.
Yep. Every time we have a guy stick around for another year he coasts like Garvin. Meanwhile, Sabag has first round guys coming back and then breaking bones after they come back and still wanting to play on those broken bones.

What would a Miami player do if he broke his ankle 11 weeks ago? Would he rush back and play on an obviously bad ankle risking future paper? LOL. Rousseau played 10 games and couldn’t wait to hightail it out of town.

Advertisement
I'm not opposed to trying Clark at his natural position (Center). Gaynor can't even snap the ball and Scaife is a nightmare at guard. Sure depth is fine because Justice doesn't rotate anyone unless an injury happens. If Williams stays then he and Zion at T, Rivers and Donaldson at G, and Clark or Reed at C. Move Campbell inside also.

Or hit the portal.

Our OL was putrid last year and I don't think people improve all that much year over year. Go get some former 5-star who is unhappy wherever he is.... if Manny is good at anything, he's at least good at that.

Because the line we rolled with this year would get absolutely wrecked by Alabama. We need at least one more difference maker on the line who can start right away.

Mac Jones- 4th year
Najee Harris- 4th year
Devonta Smith- 4th year
Chris Owens- 5th year
Deonte Brown- 5th year
Emil Ekiyor- 3rd year
Jaylen Waddle- 3rd year

4+ years of Saban coaching compared to 4+ years of Diaz coaching will never be equal.

I appreciate the optimism, though.

Or hit the portal.

Our OL was putrid last year and I don't think people improve all that much year over year. Go get some former 5-star who is unhappy wherever he is.... if Manny is good at anything, he's at least good at that.

Because the line we rolled with this year would get absolutely wrecked by Alabama. We need at least one more difference maker on the line who can start right away.
i’ve been yelling about our ol for ages. it’s been wildly neglected, with poor recruiting and terrible evals for the most part. kehoe was actually a lot better than the clown shows since, and that’s scary because i thought he was washed up by the time he came back.

Advertisement
i’ve been yelling about our ol for ages. it’s been wildly neglected, with poor recruiting and terrible evals for the most part. kehoe was actually a lot better than the clown shows since, and that’s scary because i thought he was washed up by the time he came back.

Kehoe the first time or Kehoe the second time? Because in between we had Stoutland for a while, and that guy was fantastic. I think he had like 3 offensive linemen playing at the same time who went on to the NFL.

He went and found Jon Feliciano out of total obscurity - the kid if I remember right was at best a 3-star, starting for some small, insignificant high school somewhere in Florida. Not a highly recruited guy at all. But Stoutland had that eye for potential, it seems, and literally plucked him out of nowhere.

I think he quit when we hired Al Golden, if I recall. So that's smart move #2 on his part.

Point is, Miami can have a great OL, we just need to have a great OL coach who can identify talent and get them to come here. I don't know much about Justice, but hopefully his evals turn out a little better than the last guy.

Meanwhile.... hit the portal. We need a difference maker.

Kehoe the first time or Kehoe the second time? Because in between we had Stoutland for a while, and that guy was fantastic. I think he had like 3 offensive linemen playing at the same time who went on to the NFL.

He went and found Jon Feliciano out of total obscurity - the kid if I remember right was at best a 3-star, starting for some small, insignificant high school somewhere in Florida. Not a highly recruited guy at all. But Stoutland had that eye for potential, it seems, and literally plucked him out of nowhere.

I think he quit when we hired Al Golden, if I recall. So that's smart move #2 on his part.

Point is, Miami can have a great OL, we just need to have a great OL coach who can identify talent and get them to come here. I don't know much about Justice, but hopefully his evals turn out a little better than the last guy.

Meanwhile.... hit the portal. We need a difference maker.
stoutland was the best coach of any sort we’ve had here in 20 years. he left us to go to alabama. saban hired him. he’s in the nfl today.

i referred to kehoe as washed up, meaning second time around. i actually think he got sloppy and weak under coker but i wasn’t going that far back.

Bama is good when they are old young or whatever.

I get the point but honestly the difference isn't age.

Advertisement
Back