Alabama right now is just head and shoulders above everyone else. I'd expect to be 100 point dogs but then most other teams would as well. I would not necessarily look to the Bama game as a measuring stick-maybe if we can keep it no more than a 50 pt spread. LOL
This same group of players went 10-2 regular season last year. They came back hungry, and their talent had aged even more, and they were dominant.

That's the thing the 2017 Clemson team lost to Alabama 24-6 in the Sugar Bowl semifinal, but that group of players came back in 2018 another year of that talent aged, and beat Alabama 44-16. They also replaced Kelly Bryant with a true freshman Trevor Lawrence, but their skill players needed to age also. They weren't physical enough in 2017 vs. Alabama. Tee Higgins and Travis Etienne were freshman in 2017.

Next season Miami will have a lot of age, the most it's had in quite some time I think. Now I know people don't want to see Pope and Wiggins in the starting lineup, but this is starting lineup projection based on returning starters from 2020. Look at the age of this lineup.

QB-D’Eriq King-Sr.

RB-Cam Harris-Sr.

TE-Will Mallory-Sr.

WR-Harley-Sr.

WR-Wiggins-Sr.

WR-Pope-Sr.

OL-Nelson-Jr.

OL-Donaldson-Sr.

OL-Gaynor-Sr.

OL-Clark-Jr.

OL-Scaife-Sr.

DE-Johnson-Sr.

DT-Sivera-Sr.

DT-Harrison-Hunte-RS So.

DE-Harvey-RS So.

LB-Frierson-Sr.

LB-Brooks-Jr.

LB-Flagg-So.

CB-Stevenson-Jr.

CB-Blades-Sr.

S-Bolden-Sr.

S-Hall-Sr.

Advertisement
Those players play for the team not for themselves. They want to be the best and are willing to put in the work to even if they are sitting 3rd string. They see the bigger picture and not the reflection in the mirror. They made the comments of how Harris was behind all those great backs and worked and waited for his turn. Miami needs to get to that point but too many times we have players bolting for NFL and not get drafted because they think of themselves. Hopefully with the NIL coming into play our players will focus more on the team and stay the extra time.
Those players play for money!

Bama's offense was so good this year because it had Bama talent and BYU age. Look at the starting offense:

Mac Jones- 4th year
Najee Harris- 4th year
Devonta Smith- 4th year
Millar Forristal- 5th year
Landon ****erson- 5th year
Chris Owens- 5th year
Deonte Brown- 5th year
Alex Leatherwood- 4th year
Emil Ekiyor- 3rd year
Jaylen Waddle- 3rd year

The only two young players were Evan Neal and John Metchie, both sophomores.

The best thing about next year's Miami team is going to be the experience. We're finally seeing some talented players return to school and make reasonable NFL decisions. We'll still be a hundred point underdogs against Bama, and for good reason, but our age will help us in that game and the rest of the season.
I’ve been talking about this sht all year but I just keep hearing about how it’s stupid to ask a player to not leave when he’s a day one pick.

All we here about is how Rousseau made a great choice. He made a great choice for himself and not for the team. We see king get hurt and then double down on that sentiment.
If sunshine and etn would’ve opted out you would’ve seen at the very least one more loss over there.
Smith would’ve not broken all those records and the score last night would likely have been closer.
I don’t understand how people can not comprehend that you are having college teams playing with dudes that would literally be starting on nfl teams RIGHT NOW.
That’s not hyperbole. Najee Harris would start 3 months ago if he was on an nfl team. Same with smith.
And even if they’re not nfl caliber players some of these lineman are still good enough that a 5 star freshman can’t beat him out cause their still technically sound and just bigger and stronger.

Agree. Also have to consider the fact is they get these players to stay 4 years because they are playing behind other top players. Take for example Devonta, where he is highly rated recruit, and he comes in and doesn't get burn playing behind Jeudy or Ridley, or Ruggs, all NFL picks, emotions and expectations seem to be set accordingly.

As oppose to UM where you have option 1. he is the best player, he plays as a TF, not quite ready, has a decent season, has a good soph and junior season, then dips because he has 3 years of NFL film or option 2. he is not playing, gets mad he is behind JAGS and transfers.
correct. been saying this for ages. depth and maturity are huge issues for us.

Advertisement
This same group of players went 10-2 regular season last year. They came back hungry, and their talent had aged even more, and they were dominant.

That's the thing the 2017 Clemson team lost to Alabama 24-6 in the Sugar Bowl semifinal, but that group of players came back in 2018 another year of that talent aged, and beat Alabama 44-16. They also replaced Kelly Bryant with a true freshman Trevor Lawrence, but their skill players needed to age also. They weren't physical enough in 2017 vs. Alabama. Tee Higgins and Travis Etienne were freshman in 2017.

Next season Miami will have a lot of age, the most it's had in quite some time I think. Now I know people don't want to see Pope and Wiggins in the starting lineup, but this is starting lineup projection based on returning starters from 2020. Look at the age of this lineup.

QB-D’Eriq King-Sr.

RB-Cam Harris-Sr.

TE-Will Mallory-Sr.

WR-Harley-Sr.

WR-Wiggins-Sr.

WR-Pope-Sr.

OL-Nelson-Jr.

OL-Donaldson-Sr.

OL-Gaynor-Sr.

OL-Clark-Jr.

OL-Scaife-Sr.

DE-Johnson-Sr.

DT-Sivera-Sr.

DT-Harrison-Hunte-RS So.

DE-Harvey-RS So.

LB-Frierson-Sr.

LB-Brooks-Jr.

LB-Flagg-So.

CB-Stevenson-Jr.

CB-Blades-Sr.

S-Bolden-Sr.

S-Hall-Sr.
No one lost a year of eligibility in 2020 so the only "seniors" on in that lineup are Harley, King, Donaldson, and Johnson.

It's funny, I turned on the game for about 5 minutes right around when OSU first scored. They showed the Bama sideline and I remember thinking they looked like an older NFL team instead of a bunch of teenagers.

Before considering the impressive physical creatures they ave , consider Ole Miss put 48 points on them and the gator with no running attack put 46. Offensively they had a great year, as far as GOAT team...not with that defense.

Did you look at Leatherwood that dude is 100% man. He looked like he lived in the weight room. I still believe they pumping HGH to them boys at Bama because they all look ridiculous. The backup to Harris might’ve been bigger than him. Whole team just look like Freaks
He was also holding on every play

Advertisement
Snaps and experience are unquestionably important but so are player development, talent, execution, and scheme. McCloud is a good example of how important coaches are in the ultimate success of a player as an upperclassman. Alabama players benefit from great coaches, player development, competition, and talent. Players know their PT for the most part will come as upperclassman and are willing to work hard until then. Our issues go way beyond experience and age.
Sure. It's never one thing alone. But those things matter a lot, and they correlate to the other issues. When you have depth, maturity and experience, you have age and usually more disciplined execution.

QB-D’Eriq King-Sr.

RB-Cam Harris-Sr.

TE-Will Mallory-Sr.

WR-Harley-Sr.

WR-Wiggins-Sr.

WR-Pope-Sr.

OL-Nelson-Jr.

OL-Donaldson-Sr.

OL-Gaynor-Sr.

OL-Clark-Jr.

OL-Scaife-Sr.

DE-Johnson-Sr.

DT-Sivera-Sr.

DT-Harrison-Hunte-RS So.

DE-Harvey-RS So.

LB-Frierson-Sr.

LB-Brooks-Jr.

LB-Flagg-So.

CB-Stevenson-Jr.

CB-Blades-Sr.

S-Bolden-Sr.

S-Hall-Sr.

I know they are not the same team next year, nor are we. They will have some new coaches as will we. We will get some infusion of experienced talent it seems but some of our experience returning is also bad. King may also not be back in time. They are probably 2-3 td favorite opening up.

Advertisement
Bama's offense was so good this year because it had Bama talent and BYU age. Look at the starting offense:

Mac Jones- 4th year
Najee Harris- 4th year
Devonta Smith- 4th year
Millar Forristal- 5th year
Landon ****erson- 5th year
Chris Owens- 5th year
Deonte Brown- 5th year
Alex Leatherwood- 4th year
Emil Ekiyor- 3rd year
Jaylen Waddle- 3rd year

The only two young players were Evan Neal and John Metchie, both sophomores.

The best thing about next year's Miami team is going to be the experience. We're finally seeing some talented players return to school and make reasonable NFL decisions. We'll still be a hundred point underdogs against Bama, and for good reason, but our age will help us in that game and the rest of the season.
There is a very important piece missing to this assessment. These are all 3 year+ players that produced prior to this season. When you look at Miami in contrast what good is having players return that are more of a liability than solution?

Zion yr3- significant improvement but still lackluster
Clark yr3- so far so bad
Gaynor yr4- Say less
Scaife yr4- consistently gotten worse
Williams- yr6?
King yr6- proven commodity
Pope yr4- could throw up
Wiggins yr4- did throw up
Harley yr5- finally figured it out
Mallory yr4- 2nd best player
Harris yr4- hit or miss

There is a very important piece missing to this assessment. These are all 3 year+ players that produced prior to this season. When you look at Miami in contrast what good is having players return that are more of a liability than solution?

Clark yr3- so far so bad
Gaynor yr4- Say less
Williams- yr6?
Pope yr4- could throw up
Harris yr4- hit or miss
Clark, Scaife, Gaynor, Pope, Wiggins could all beat it. I'd rather see Don start instead of Cam.

Did you look at Leatherwood that dude is 100% man. He looked like he lived in the weight room. I still believe they pumping HGH to them boys at Bama because they all look ridiculous. The backup to Harris might’ve been bigger than him. Whole team just look like Freaks
Does college have the same testing standards as the league? Even if it did Saban has more influence since he’s in good with ncaa president.

Advertisement

Clark yr3- so far so bad
Gaynor yr4- Say less
Williams- yr6?
Pope yr4- could throw up
Harris yr4- hit or miss
First, it's better than the alternative for us. If Zion as a third year player doesn't sound good to you, think about Zion as a true frosh.

The solution to all this takes time. Better evals, better recruiting, better roster management, better player development. That takes years.

And Zion might end up okay. He was a 2* guy who was 230 lbs. as a HS senior. He's not even supposed to have been playing yet, and wouldn't have at a program that had an OL functioning at a normal level. Just as an example.

Our goal is get better, get good, win the games we should, then build from there.

First, it's better than the alternative for us. If Zion as a third year player doesn't sound good to you, think about Zion as a true frosh.

The solution to all this takes time. Better evals, better recruiting, better roster management, better player development. That takes years.

And Zion might end up okay. He was a 2* guy who was 230 lbs. as a HS senior. He's not even supposed to have been playing yet, and wouldn't have at a program that had an OL functioning at a normal level. Just as an example.

Our goal is get better, get good, win the games we should, then build from there.
Lol you picked 1 out of the list my point wasn't that Zion hasn't improved. My point was Alabama had experienced guys that were good players. As McCloud showed this year just being here doesn't make you become better.

Advertisement
Back