Pro Wrestling AEW MEGA THREAD

Advertisement
Is it just me, or is this a weird pic to use to honor your mother?

54BF5B1A-A9A8-4647-B3A4-3AAD5D4B0FB9.jpeg

Advertisement
I don’t watch any wrasslin these days but the little I’ve heard with this Mjf thing sounds like a 100 % ripoff of the Brian Pillman storyline in Wcw. It’s a work but has some realism mixed in. The only difference is Pilman used it to get out of his contract lol. He did what’s referred to as working himself into a shoot , or shall I say Bishoff did Lol.

He just relinquished the belt.

I don’t think he should’ve had it to begin with it, but that really sucks for him.

10 years between World Title runs and this one doesn’t even last a week.

Advertisement
I don’t watch any wrasslin these days but the little I’ve heard with this Mjf thing sounds like a 100 % ripoff of the Brian Pillman storyline in Wcw. It’s a work but has some realism mixed in. The only difference is Pilman used it to get out of his contract lol. He did what’s referred to as working himself into a shoot , or shall I say Bishoff did Lol.
I was just talking to my wife about that yesterday. What’s funny is that Pillman had every intent on resigning with WCW. He just wanted to do it at a much, much higher contract. The work was to get his value increased to such a point so that Bischoff would be convinced that he was a high value commodity. He encouraged a bidding war between Eric and Vince.

The HumVee accident changed everything. Eric’s deal gave WCW a 90 day out clause if Pillman was unable to compete (which he wasn’t; he would not wrestle for 13 months or so). The WWF’s deal had no such provision, so he reluctantly signed with them. In that case, Pillman ended up working himself.

I was just talking to my wife about that yesterday. What’s funny is that Pillman had every intent on resigning with WCW. He just wanted to do it at a much, much higher contract. The work was to get his value increased to such a point so that Bischoff would be convinced that he was a high value commodity. He encouraged a bidding war between Eric and Vince.

The HumVee accident changed everything. Eric’s deal gave WCW a 90 day out clause if Pillman was unable to compete (which he wasn’t; he would not wrestle for 13 months or so). The WWF’s deal had no such provision, so he reluctantly signed with them. In that case, Pillman ended up working himself.
I’ve heard two different stories on this. Bishoff and Dave Meltzer. Let me preface this by saying I take what Meltzer says with a grain of salt but he was supposedly pretty close with Brian.

Dave says Brian was bragging about working Bishoff since he got Eric to release him from the contract. He did that to use Wcw vs Wwe. Even though Wcw wouldn’t pay him close to what he wanted. Eric says he released him to play into the whole “ loose cannon” gimmick. He wanted him to go build that gimmick elsewhere and then he could justify the money when he came back, because Turner wouldn’t meet his demands. That theory has holes in it, lt could be true but Eric could also be covering his *** for getting worked . He literally let a talent out of his contract just to have him leave. But Daves theory has holes in it too , like Eric said “ there’s no working release paperwork, a release is a release”. So Eric says Brian was working Dave since he’s a dirt sheet writer but Dave says Brian worked Eric lol.

As you said the wreck ended up ******** Pillman. He unintentionally worked himself. If he took the original deal with Wcw he’d made out a lot better, but he didn’t know he was going to have a career changing wreck.

Advertisement
This is where we get to see what kind of booker man TK really is. Its very easy to be multiple time booker of the year when everything goes as planned.

Now we get to see if he's able to book when things aren't as planned.

Personally, I think while the resolution to Punk's injury is a bit convoluted, we'll end up with an interim champ Mox and have what would have been a Punk-Mox match that would have happened eventually anyway. Mox is the right choice. He was scheduled to wrestle Tana in NJPW anyway.

Reminds me more of eddy Guerrero in 98 (the shoot promo about throwing coffee on bishoff) Pillman was showing up in ECW and WCW simultaneously. Don’t think MJF will reach that level

Advertisement
Reminds me more of eddy Guerrero in 98 (the shoot promo about throwing coffee on bishoff) Pillman was showing up in ECW and WCW simultaneously. Don’t think MJF will reach that level
I was just listening to one of my go to podcasts “ keeping it 100 with Konnan”. Lots of wrestling talk from my day, they also talk current events and sports. There’s a dirt sheet guy on there occasionally named Bill Bhatti , he’s as good as anybody I’ve ever seen in these circles. Especially with wwe , he calls stuff weeks and sometimes months out. He said today that” Mjf wants to be Brian Pillman” that’s what he’s going for. Which is obvious but still caught me off guard. He also said they doubled MJF’s money. Here’s a link for the guys who actually watch Aew. If you’re into that whole thing he’d likely be a good follow for some of y’all.

It's a knock off of CM Punk's shoot with HHH near the end of his WWE reign.

Advertisement
Back