Pro Wrestling AEW MEGA THREAD

Y'all need to understand that wrestlers not liking each other in the back is not abnormal in wrestling. Some sort of harmonious roster does not exist. In WWE, you just don't hear about this kind of stuff. In AEW, it gets out. Thunder Rosa and Britt Baker legit hate each other, still take shots at each other weekly, and still did good business. The backstage meeting a few weeks back stemmed from those two and Jamie Hayter.

Everyone involved knows there is now a lot of money to be made from all this.

I'm here for it. Punk v. The World.

The two most well-liked people on the male roster seem to be MJF and Adam Cole, funny enough.

Ace Steel BITING an EVP is hilarious though. Funniest footnote from the weekend for sure.

Advertisement
Punk and The Elite stripped of title.
A few COMMENTS by some of the top talent in their promos.
Young Daniel Garcia becomes a man.

Let's keep it real...if Tony Khan doesn't trot William Regal out there to have him tell Punk, Steel, FTR, Hangman, The Bucks, and Kenny Omega that there is only one way to settle this...TK is just a mark.

william-regall-nxt.gif

*Blood and Guts

Advertisement
Punk and FTR are known as The Aggrieved. (Scissor me, Daddy Dax!)

Imagine having to be in on Punk and Dax all-day *****fests. lmfao. Perpetually angry about something.
There’s money to be made but this isn’t old school wrestling. It should be a no brainer though.

Let's keep it real...if Tony Khan doesn't trot William Regal out there to have him tell Punk, Steel, FTR, Hangman, The Bucks, and Kenny Omega that there is only one way to settle this...TK is just a mark.

william-regall-nxt.gif

*Blood and Guts
Word is Hunter wants him back now that he’s in charge. That’s his guy.

AEW down 28% in key demo year over year, despite all the out-of-ring buzz.

As a WWE fan, I was hoping Khan would side with Punk so the Bucks could jump to the big leagues. But the company is flailing either way. Punk has always been an overrated cancer and now he is even less athletic than before. At least he exposed Khan as a feckless loser.

Target list if I'm Triple H (not including proven big-leaguers like Jericho, Bryan and Mox):

1. MJF
2. Jade Cargill
3. Young Bucks
123. CM Punk

AEW down 28% in key demo year over year, despite all the out-of-ring buzz.

As a WWE fan, I was hoping Khan would side with Punk so the Bucks could jump to the big leagues. But the company is flailing either way. Punk has always been an overrated cancer and now he is even less athletic than before. At least he exposed Khan as a feckless loser.

Target list if I'm Triple H (not including proven big-leaguers like Jericho, Bryan and Mox):

1. MJF
2. Jade Cargill
3. Young Bucks
123. CM Punk
I will agree with you on one thing on this topic.

CM Punk is no longer worth the squeeze.
But, if I were Tony Khan, there is no way I am letting him go to WWE...pay him to sit at home before cutting him. He's legit injured (torn pec and he's not a real man like the CODESTER), too, and some are saying he knew he was badly hurt before he went on his scorched earth rant. He'll be gone for a long while anyway.

You can tell someone like Jericho and Mox (along with Danielson, led the talent only meeting on Wednesday) want these MF'rs to understand to keep **** in house and know they don't know how good they have it.

Advertisement
I will agree with you on one thing on this topic.

CM Punk is no longer worth the squeeze.
But, if I were Tony Khan, there is no way I am letting him go to WWE...pay him to sit at home before cutting him. He's legit injured (torn pec and he's not a real man like the CODESTER), too, and some are saying he knew he was badly hurt before he went on his scorched earth rant. He'll be gone for a long while anyway.

You can tell someone like Jericho and Mox (along with Danielson, led the talent only meeting on Wednesday) want these MF'rs to understand to keep **** in house and know they don't know how good they have it.
I'm a lapsed wrestling fan - watched the Attitude Era and tailed off from there in the early 00s.

I will watch an MJF and CM Punk promo on YouTube though. Those guys are incredible. I listen to Jim Cornette's podcast occasionally, so obviously I think the Young Bucks and Twinkletoes McFingerbang (Kenny Omega) are terrible :LOL: - although I've come to that assumption myself when I've seen them.

I think AEW is kinda ****ed now that HHH is in charge over on the WWE. I think people are crying out for more serious wrestling - he knows what that looks like. AEW does it with MJF / CM Punk, but few others... but I guess that's their niche audience?

Tony is a ***** and it’s hard to be a leader when you‘re a mark trying to be everyone‘s friend. That’s not how you lead. You also don’t put the boys in powerful EVP spots. The “ EVP’s“ are also leaking crap out trying to destroy their one real draw , crap like that is why Cody left.

Tony also allowed Adam Page to shoot on Punk live on tv, which was idiotic. That guy is nowhere in Punks stratosphere as a performer or talker.

Tony is the Manny Diaz of wrestling promoters. It’s just not a good culture and it was only a matter of time before this happened.

Lastly when you have over 100 wrestlers on the roster and only a quarter can get on tv doesn’t exactly help moral. Theres been complaining about that for awhile now.
His rich daddy has given him a toy to play with, which is how it looks too. Why you'd try to book everything yourself and not get seasoned professionals in I never know. When he launched AEW there would have been a queue down the street of experienced disgruntled guys that WWE had ****ed over to offer him advice.

You just have to look at his other titles to know he's an unqualified clown:
"He holds executive roles at both organizations: with the Jaguars, he is chief football strategy officer and with Fulham, he is the vice-chairman and director of football operations."

Advertisement
Back