Pro Wrestling AEW MEGA THREAD

Advertisement
Show was great. The best part for me was the guys who I knew the least about, Clark Connors and Shota Umino, ended up being being great. The only negative was Cole getting hurt, and it's affect on the finish.

It's funny that Claudio is in AEW now since Eddie Kingston hates him more than Bryan Danielson and CM Punk.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement

Jim Cornette has to be crying when he sees that. Not screams of horror due to a brawl at a comic convention. Snickers, chants, and smiles. If only there was a suspension of disbelief for that run in, which otherwise was a good angle.

Brody should have been talking trash to Darby the entire time.

So...anyone else excited about AEW right now?
Late Show Panic GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Advertisement
Word on the street is Punk might be gone.

Or at the very least, suspended.
I like Punk, but just because you can say something doesn’t mean you have to say something. He leads AEW and has a huge stake in its success or failure.

He just set the company back to square one, especially since it appears he, Omega, and the Bucks May all be gone.

I like Punk, but just because you can say something doesn’t mean you have to say something. He leads AEW and has a huge stake in its success or failure.

He just set the company back to square one, especially since it appears he, Omega, and the Bucks May all be gone.

I think Tony deserves some blame here.

He sat right next to him and let it go on when he could’ve tried to put a stop to it.

I think Tony deserves some blame here.

He sat right next to him and let it go on when he could’ve tried to put a stop to it.
Tony is a ***** and it’s hard to be a leader when you‘re a mark trying to be everyone‘s friend. That’s not how you lead. You also don’t put the boys in powerful EVP spots. The “ EVP’s“ are also leaking crap out trying to destroy their one real draw , crap like that is why Cody left.

Tony also allowed Adam Page to shoot on Punk live on tv, which was idiotic. That guy is nowhere in Punks stratosphere as a performer or talker.

Tony is the Manny Diaz of wrestling promoters. It’s just not a good culture and it was only a matter of time before this happened.

Lastly when you have over 100 wrestlers on the roster and only a quarter can get on tv doesn’t exactly help moral. Theres been complaining about that for awhile now.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Well he’s not best buds with Dave Meltzer like some people , so it’s hard for him to get his story out. Everyone will bring up Punks past but will ignore the Bucks have had these issues out elsewhere at smaller promotions where either they had power or their buddy Joey Ryan.

Cody left for a reason. Like Punk he doesn’t have the same ideology as the video game wrestlers.

I like the Elite guys, but I don't think Punk is to blame. Maybe not the smartest thing to do given the toxic environment right now. But he didn't tell any lies. Those guys intentionally leaked the rumor about Cabana following the Hangman promo, and it circulated again when Cabana appeared at the ROH ppv. All this while Punk was injured and off tv. Not only is that all kinds of stupid from a business sense (he's the biggest star and draw in the company), it's not true. Punk called them out for it, and cleared the air about his side of the Cabana situation because he's never spoken about that.

They went to his locker room looking to start a confrontation. I'm having a hard time seeing how he is in the wrong in this.

I like the Elite guys, but I don't think Punk is to blame. Maybe not the smartest thing to do given the toxic environment right now. But he didn't tell any lies. Those guys intentionally leaked the rumor about Cabana following the Hangman promo, and it circulated again when Cabana appeared at the ROH ppv. All this while Punk was injured and off tv. Not only is that all kinds of stupid from a business sense (he's the biggest star and draw in the company), it's not true. Punk called them out for it, and cleared the air about his side of the Cabana situation because he's never spoken about that.

They went to his locker room looking to start a confrontation. I'm having a hard time seeing how he is in the wrong in this.
And they’ll use his past against him and they knew this when this all started. They’ll play “ the cancer is back to his old shenanigans again”.

I understand why, but the larger picture had to be thought of. He didn’t. The Bucks then acted like fellow talent in confronting him, not like EVPs. Situation is a mess - similar in some respects to The Clique having de facto booking power in the WWF in 1995.

What will happen? My prediction is:

- Punk suspended, and never returns. He’s done with wrestling
- Young Bucks suspended. They finish out their contract and go to WWE
- Kenny Omega suspended. Finished out contract and goes to WWE or back to NJPW
- Adam Page walks out, and may or may not return
- AEW takes a 20-30% hit to viewership at a time that contract renewal is coming up and does not get it. Khan folds the promotion in 2024

Advertisement
Back