Adidas announce mulit-year deal with University of Washington

Advertisement
Advertisement
St John's just dropped UA to go back to Nike b/c of history and image. (Their words)
UW left Nike due to Nike's major emphasis on the Oregon schools. Honestly, U-dub will always be a school who does just enough for the PAC-12 only. Why Adidas is paying them more than us is offensive, honestly. We have a bigger brand, a cultural following, in the hotbed of recruiting, and we are considered a blue blood based upon our pedigree. I feel we are still not getting our respect, and bet money, UW will get drip.

Adidas has served their purpose lol, let’s see how everything unfolds the next go around
Oh yeah Miami will for sure have one of, if not the, biggest Adidas contract. Louisville is just in bed with Adidas on a whole different level. Tom Jurich was a shady dude, but one **** of an AD.

This is pretty big as it realllllly encroaches into Nike home territory. There are actually a lot of UDub alumni that work at Nike HQ too.

Advertisement
Naw I’m saying potentially moving back to Nike or just exploring options period when the time comes
I think we stick with Adidas bc they will throw the bank at us. Hoping for a bidding war. I don't want to go back to Nike. too many big brands. We are literally the biggest brand on Adidas. Plus AI said that Manny has much closer relationship with Adidas than CMR had.

I think we stick with Adidas bc they will throw the bank at us. Hoping for a bidding war. I don't want to go back to Nike. too many big brands. We are literally the biggest brand on Adidas. Plus AI said that Manny has much closer relationship with Adidas than CMR had.

Naw, they won't. Adidas was a stop gap. The only reason why Nike broke off talks w/ us was b/c of Golden. As I told everyone back in 2014, keeping Golden beyond 14 was going to cause a domino effect in revenue, recruiting, and on field play for at least 3 years. Golden being retained after 14 gave Nike the indication that we weren't committed to winning. I had inside connections w/ this one. Plus Adidas almost got us caught up w/ the FBI probe. Regardless, I think Nike comes back w/ a bigger offer once our field play changes, just like they did w/ Michigan.

Advertisement
Naw, they won't. Adidas was a stop gap. The only reason why Nike broke off talks w/ us was b/c of Golden. As I told everyone back in 2014, keeping Golden beyond 14 was going to cause a domino effect in revenue, recruiting, and on field play for at least 3 years. Golden being retained after 14 gave Nike the indication that we weren't committed to winning. I had inside connections w/ this one. Plus Adidas almost got us caught up w/ the FBI probe. Regardless, I think Nike comes back w/ a bigger offer once our field play changes, just like they did w/ Michigan.

I doubt Manny wants to go back to the used hand me down practice gear Nike used to give us.

That's why I'm hoping for a bidding war. I'd rather be the flagship for Adidas than be with Nike where Oregon will always be the flagship and we would also have to compete with OSU, Texas, USC etc just for second priority.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back