Adidas announce mulit-year deal with University of Washington

That's why I'm hoping for a bidding war. I'd rather be the flagship for Adidas than be with Nike where Oregon will always be the flagship and we would also have to compete with OSU, Texas, USC etc just for second priority.

As long as Adidas focuses on Futbol, no school will truly be their flagship. lol. But in all honestly, KU is their flagship, ESPECIALLY after KU was in deep chit due to Adidas funneling money to recruits. They are going to do whatever KU wants, including giving them that huge 14 yr / $14m contract they just extended to keep them happy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
St John's just dropped UA to go back to Nike b/c of history and image. (Their words)
UW left Nike due to Nike's major emphasis on the Oregon schools. Honestly, U-dub will always be a school who does just enough for the PAC-12 only. Why Adidas is paying them more than us is offensive, honestly. We have a bigger brand, a cultural following, in the hotbed of recruiting, and we are considered a blue blood based upon our pedigree. I feel we are still not getting our respect, and bet money, UW will get drip.

UW is getting more than us because they negotiated this year. If we negotiated this year, we'd be getting a lot more than them I'm sure. I believe us and Arizona St signed with Adidas right at about the same time and our deal is the more lucarative one.

But newer deals are always going to be worth more, that's how the industry works

Advertisement
Naw, they won't. Adidas was a stop gap. The only reason why Nike broke off talks w/ us was b/c of Golden. As I told everyone back in 2014, keeping Golden beyond 14 was going to cause a domino effect in revenue, recruiting, and on field play for at least 3 years. Golden being retained after 14 gave Nike the indication that we weren't committed to winning. I had inside connections w/ this one. Plus Adidas almost got us caught up w/ the FBI probe. Regardless, I think Nike comes back w/ a bigger offer once our field play changes, just like they did w/ Michigan.
I don't think Adidas will want to lose us. They will pony-up next contract. Miami is a national brand. I don't know of any other Adidas school that is a national brand. I've never seen any Parley gear for other schools. the marketing of the Parley gear with Miami was well done. I follow Canes Baseball and Adidas is on them like Nike is on Oregon football. I just wish Adidas put out more Miami shoes. The shoe game for the players is sweet. They're dropping the ball not offering the same shoes to the public.

St John's just dropped UA to go back to Nike b/c of history and image. (Their words)
UW left Nike due to Nike's major emphasis on the Oregon schools. Honestly, U-dub will always be a school who does just enough for the PAC-12 only. Why Adidas is paying them more than us is offensive, honestly. We have a bigger brand, a cultural following, in the hotbed of recruiting, and we are considered a blue blood based upon our pedigree. I feel we are still not getting our respect, and bet money, UW will get drip.
You right on!

I don't think Adidas will want to lose us. They will pony-up next contract. Miami is a national brand. I don't know of any other Adidas school that is a national brand. I've never seen any Parley gear for other schools. the marketing of the Parley gear with Miami was well done. I follow Canes Baseball and Adidas is on them like Nike is on Oregon football. I just wish Adidas put out more Miami shoes. The shoe game for the players is sweet. They're dropping the ball not offering the same shoes to the public.

Honestly,

This is what was promised to us when we took the deal:
We were going to be their priority, their flagship school.

Do you feel like we're their flagship? B/c I don't.

I mentioned this, right before we signed the deal that Adidas, that they made that same promise to Michigan. It started off great, and then when Michigan didn't produce as they hoped, Adidas quickly forgot about them. Gear, drip, everything. Harbaugh came on board, Jordan Brand ponied up and now Michigan has one of the hottest re-sale shoes on the market, and Jordan went back to Michigan's true colors.

My fear was if Miami didn't produce, would be treated the same. The Parley, recycled unis were trash, legit. Not our colors, and now they'll be remembered for that time we got our *** handed to us. Adidas started off great, but the fact is we haven't been their priority. Their new priority will be U-Dub. Those Miami Nights jerseys haven't changed...they gave us their "best" jersey material, but them chits are not aesthetically sound, always coming off the shoulder pads and crooked as ****.

Anyways, we'll see how this relationship goes.

Advertisement
Yet you just bragged about KU getting a 14 year deal lol.

I said WE should've signed a 8 yr deal. KU signed a mega deal, waaaaaaaaaay more $ than us b/c of what Adidas did to KU getting them involved in the probe. KU has Adidas by the balls. They were going to leave and Adidas came w/ a deal they couldn't refuse....$196m.

Honestly,

This is what was promised to us when we took the deal:
We were going to be their priority, their flagship school.

Do you feel like we're their flagship? B/c I don't.

I mentioned this, right before we signed the deal that Adidas, that they made that same promise to Michigan. It started off great, and then when Michigan didn't produce as they hoped, Adidas quickly forgot about them. Gear, drip, everything. Harbaugh came on board, Jordan Brand ponied up and now Michigan has one of the hottest re-sale shoes on the market, and Jordan went back to Michigan's true colors.

My fear was if Miami didn't produce, would be treated the same. The Parley, recycled unis were trash, legit. Not our colors, and now they'll be remembered for that time we got our *** handed to us. Adidas started off great, but the fact is we haven't been their priority. Their new priority will be U-Dub. Those Miami Nights jerseys haven't changed...they gave us their "best" jersey material, but them chits are not aesthetically sound, always coming off the shoulder pads and crooked as ****.

Anyways, we'll see how this relationship goes.

Adidas isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Both parties are happy with each other.

Oregon isn't Nike's flagship, they're just a show pony that's down the street from HQ.

Gimme Jordan Brand real talk so I can wear my Solefly Jordan 1s and flex everyone, especially @D RevLee.

Thank you. I believe UT and OSU have waaaaaaaaaay bigger contracts w/ Nike than Oregon.

And yes, give me Jordan Brand w/ Miami....bet we get some major, major drip. If UF shoes are killing the game, w/ DJ Khaled.....my god.

Advertisement
Adidas isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Both parties are happy with each other.

The grass could always be greener. IMO, Adidas has done a great job reviving the brand and some of the marketing (after the feather jerseys) is excellent. They had their run recently with Kanye and some others but Nike is the best at what it does, Adidas isn't close to their level of tech and marketing money.

Thank you. I believe UT and OSU have waaaaaaaaaay bigger contracts w/ Nike than Oregon.

And yes, give me Jordan Brand w/ Miami....bet we get some major, major drip. If UF shoes are killing the game, w/ DJ Khaled.....my god.

Solefly down the street would be bringing in so much fvckin' money they wouldn't be able to count it.

Advertisement
also LOL at you guys arguing about the same nonsense made in sweatshops in east asia. check, stripes -- im glad they actually have real practice jerseys and not hand me downs. you brand dorks seemed to forget how awful it was

Advertisement
Back