Adidas announce mulit-year deal with University of Washington

Advertisement
Winning will put the U in a position to negotiate a mega deal.
The city and its image would be a designers dream that adidas has not taken full advantage of at all. Dyme life’s polos have better designs. We can get some of the dudes that make our edits to design better than those polos adidas has.
Larger school or not. Miami gear was being worn all over this country during our winning eras and I’m sure we were selling more gear than bama usc and LSU.
Yeah Miami is basically the CFB version of the Raiders. We have a "bad boy" identity. Even non Miami fans will wear our logo bc it makes a statement.

At the end of the day they're all the same, look at the first unis Adidas did for Miami, with that "Miami" across the front and that terrible font...reality is there are only so many "new" designs out there that's why you see a vast majority of schools with the same design.

Miami did what needed to be done to maximize their revenue.
That font is Miami's signature font. Did u think the end zones in the OB were ugly too? Bc that's the same font. Anytime we have the helmets in the end zone that's the font they use. Pretty sure it's the font on green tree too.

Adidas came in while Miami was near rock-bottom and signed them to an apparel deal worth way more than anything Nike ever offered. What some of you guys don't seem to notice is that Miami makes the same amount of money through the deal whether Adidas makes them a priority or not. An apparel contract is essentially a lease for a company to use your brand. If that company decides not to push that brand it's on them, the school still makes the contract money.

I think a lot of fans overestimate the value of the Miami "brand" in 2019 also. Let's be real, if the Miami brand was really this huge money maker, why did Nike not bother offering any money? You'd think it would be worth it if the brand sold so well. Adidas gambled on Miami regaining some of their lost popularity. Nike assumed it was never coming back.

Didn't we sign something saying that we will be Adidas's highest compensated school? I remember hearing something a while back that Blake James went back to them after signing another school to a larger deal and they had to pay us more. Does this sound familiar to anyone else?

Advertisement
That font is Miami's signature font. Did u think the end zones in the OB were ugly too? Bc that's the same font. Anytime we have the helmets in the end zone that's the font they use. Pretty sure it's the font on green tree too.

You're mistaken, the font they used on the first jersey, the nameplates, was something they created, the font that was used previously was created by Nike and Adidas try to replicate it and failed miserably.

Last edited:
Why are Miami fans so business illiterate? UDub got more money than Miami because their deal just came up. Miami on the other hand, was at the front end of the explosion in apparel deals. It's the same reason why UCLA got filthy money, money that schools like Clemson, Alabama and others didn't. Unfortunately due to how those deals are structured, it takes in most cases a decade to re up. As long as the bubble doesn't burst(Which is a distinct possibility), Miami will easily cruise past UW and U of L in the next round of negotiations. Should Miami look at additional options? Of course, you take bids from everyone, and then compare. That said, this isn't only about the money, this is about servicing and everything else that goes with it. Nike has done a poor job of servicing schools, it was legendary how awful it was to get apparel from Nike.

Nike does this crap because they've managed to brainwash **** near 2 generations that they are the best, when in reality the difference between Nike and Adidas is minuscule at most.

D-dZeEMVAAAQ9ed.jpg

Advertisement
First of all F#CK Nike!

I'll never forgive them for the bra strap and then the upside down U. How the **** did we let them get away with that bullsh!t!?!

Now the first Adidas uni with the candy cane stripes on the pants were crap too, but our current unis are fire!

No more f#cking uniform changes PLEASE!

TNM will break their bank soon with Football starting rise

BTY How do you have over 2,500 MSG in just 6 months of joining? Dang, I need to post more.
I'm surprised you haven't been dropped for inactivity. Perhaps you still can be.

Advertisement
Funny...thread ends Monday....

since then, some, maybe a lot of, people might have whole new reason to prefer Adidas...
but I won't say anymore.

Adidas came in while Miami was near rock-bottom and signed them to an apparel deal worth way more than anything Nike ever offered. What some of you guys don't seem to notice is that Miami makes the same amount of money through the deal whether Adidas makes them a priority or not. An apparel contract is essentially a lease for a company to use your brand. If that company decides not to push that brand it's on them, the school still makes the contract money.

I think a lot of fans overestimate the value of the Miami "brand" in 2019 also. Let's be real, if the Miami brand was really this huge money maker, why did Nike not bother offering any money? You'd think it would be worth it if the brand sold so well. Adidas gambled on Miami regaining some of their lost popularity. Nike assumed it was never coming back.
Nike doesn’t offer a lot of money unless it’s bama, osu or Texas. A lot of Nike contracts are right around 3 million per year which is much less than Miami is getting from adidas

Advertisement
Back