Active player recruiting against us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement

"Everybody wanted me to say Jim Tressel left the cupboard bare," Meyer told CBSsports.com. "If I heard any assistant coach [say that], they'd be gone. You're done. Those are your players. I hear TV guys [say], 'Wait until they get their own players in there.' They're our players. What do you mean 'their players?' The minute you sign a contract, they're your players. You didn't choose me, I chose you. You're mine, absolutely."

Comedy Pain GIF by CBC

Dude is a POS but he is speaking facts here and is one of the best to ever do it.

This strangely makes me happy. I hope we hear more of this. I knew I wasn't being a mope after MTSU. There is something rotten to the core and we need to let this thing completely die before clearing it out and building something anew.

Advertisement
The problem with this level of insane cultural rot is that the guy we're trusting to build the correct culture was either completely inept in identifying said rot and/or impotent in removing any of it.

I actually still believe Mario can recruit his way out of this but you'd have to be insane if this year didn't give you some pause in the chugging the Kool Aid. It's like Cristobal split the difference and ended up just ****ting the bed. He could've blown up this season but actually started removing the rot way earlier but he obviously let it fester all year while giving us the same result AND the only apparent "culture" implementation was stubbornness regarding the type of offense he was going to run.

Advertisement
Dude is a POS but he is speaking facts here and is one of the best to ever do it.
I think it was Louis Murphy back in the day who mentioned how in 1 year Meyer transformed not just his attitude to work but the entire team. He admitted to basically being indifferent under the Zook regime but Meyer quickly fixed it and gave guys already on the team a chance to change their attitudes rather than wait for his guys.

He’s right.

The problem with this level of insane cultural rot is that the guy we're trusting to build the correct culture was either completely inept in identifying said rot and/or impotent in removing any of it.

I actually still believe Mario can recruit his way out of this but you'd have to be insane if this year didn't give you some pause in the chugging the Kool Aid. It's like Cristobal split the difference and ended up just ****ting the bed. He could've blown up this season but actually started removing the rot way earlier but he obviously let it fester all year while giving us the same result AND the only apparent "culture" implementation was stubbornness regarding the type of offense he was going to run.
And how exactly would he have removed it prior to Year 1?

Advertisement
**** I missed that

Openly mocking might be a little bit of a stretch. like 4 days before the game Susan posted a quote of Gattis saying B. Smith needs more snaps and he (Gattis) needs to find more ways to get him off the bench and into the game. Fast forward to Clemson, one attempted screen that was tipped and picked and that was all Smith saw.

Smith retweeted Susan's aforementioned tweet with a single period. That was it. He then deleted it like 20 minutes later.

Oh @Rellyrell is correct here. There are a number of posters who will die on the hill that we don’t have a culture problem and keep throwing digs around here about it when they get a chance. Some solid posters too.

Our culture/locker room problems are present. That is a fact. Also a fact that it does affect the product on the field. It’s also just 1 of many other issues that need fixing and not in any way an excuse for the other problems.

We have not had great leadership at the top for a very long time. We have also not had great upperclassman peer leadership for a long time (Im not speaking in absolutes). To these seniors defense, they never were shown the way by older players before them. It’s been a vicious cycle for a very long time.
I stand corrected guys.

I personally didn’t see it or maybe just brushed it off as people just trolling

I get Not wanting to blame culture for ALL of our problems and the issue I keep seeing is people trying to die on the hill of that ONE thing

It’s like cmon everyone. You don’t get this bad for this long if it’s one thing.

I will say I have no clue if Mario’s Way will ultimately mean championships here, but the man will get his way. I knew this season would be rough from a “culture” standpoint because of how dramatically different Mario and Manny are, but never thought it would be this bad

Advertisement
I'm sorry for the kid(s) tbh, this is going to backfire in a spectacular way for him (them) when the portal time will come.

And how exactly would he have removed it prior to Year 1?
Give me $8 million and I'll look into it. 😆

He obviously couldn't remove it all. But that's a farrrrr cry from a guy with reputation of a "culture" guy that is very tough but supposedly beloved by his players having THIS level of nonsense still pervasive within the program basically a full year after he wad hired.

At least some of this stuff should've been clear in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back