Active player recruiting against us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Everybody wanted me to say Jim Tressel left the cupboard bare," Meyer told CBSsports.com. "If I heard any assistant coach [say that], they'd be gone. You're done. Those are your players. I hear TV guys [say], 'Wait until they get their own players in there.' They're our players. What do you mean 'their players?' The minute you sign a contract, they're your players. You didn't choose me, I chose you. You're mine, absolutely."

Comedy Pain GIF by CBC

Nobody said that ****, Meyer & everybody's grandma knew He inherited a stacked roster at OSU.

Advertisement
He’s not happy either

No one can be happy with the train wreck that Gattis produced. But why would he badmouth the team given Mario and he sat down with his parents and they formulated a plan that he's executed on and is seeing results from? Seems incongruous with his other actions. ... anyway, Cribby confirmed it's not B Smith, so this is a moot point.

Advertisement
Would not surprise me if it's one of the Alphas in the room.
Would not surprise me if it's one of the Betas in the room.

Heck it could even be one of the Gammas or one of the Deltas.
Wouldn't be surprised by that either.

🤔🤔

The problem with this level of insane cultural rot is that the guy we're trusting to build the correct culture was either completely inept in identifying said rot and/or impotent in removing any of it.

I actually still believe Mario can recruit his way out of this but you'd have to be insane if this year didn't give you some pause in the chugging the Kool Aid. It's like Cristobal split the difference and ended up just ****ting the bed. He could've blown up this season but actually started removing the rot way earlier but he obviously let it fester all year while giving us the same result AND the only apparent "culture" implementation was stubbornness regarding the type of offense he was going to run.
I somewhat agree here, but there are deeper levels to this than black and white. You need a roster to win games, and I am sure that at the beginning of the season, and with the schedule we had, Mario thought he could get through this season without having 6 losses and address it this off season. If we're all thinking it, he has to be too. But it's not just as easy as blowing it up and starting over. You need bodies to make it through the season, even the rotten bodies. He ended up in a **** spot though, but maybe it's better it plays out like this for 2022.

Advertisement
I think it was Louis Murphy back in the day who mentioned how in 1 year Meyer transformed not just his attitude to work but the entire team. He admitted to basically being indifferent under the Zook regime but Meyer quickly fixed it and gave guys already on the team a chance to change their attitudes rather than wait for his guys.

He’s right.
Care to re-examine the number of arrests and other issues during Meyer’s tenure at Florida?

Not the culture you want.

Has to be Brinson given Washington has stayed committed and Jean never sniffed us again after decommitting. Kid sucks so go play at FIU for all I care.
Jean was being negative recruited by our former WR coach who is at UGA

I played college ball it happened **** near on every official visit weekend. Especially if its a kid from the same high school and its not going right for them....they tell em..." dont come to this sh*t" lol

Thats why it always has to be strategic with whom you select to host a kid on his recruiting weekend.

I highly doubt Bama would have put Najee Harris to be a host on an official visit when he was there.
Najee probably wasn’t even on campus. Kid would fly home to Cali at the drop of a hat

Advertisement
No. Bad analogy.

He did it at:

-Bowling Green
-Utah
-UF

And OSU was .500 the year before under Fickell
Care to examine Tressell’s record at OSU prior to being forced out by a scandal?

106-22.
7 Top 5 finishes in 10 seasons.
1 NC (boooo) and 2 other NC appearances.

Meyer is a great HC but he didn’t work any miracles at Ohio State. Credit for keeping the machine humming…

Advertisement
Care to examine Tressell’s record at OSU prior to being forced out by a scandal?

106-22.
7 Top 5 finishes in 10 seasons.
1 NC (boooo) and 2 other NC appearances.

Meyer is a great HC but he didn’t work any miracles at Ohio State. Credit for keeping the machine humming…
Great he’s still the second best coach in college football over the past 20 years for the work he did at two schools (and two other quickly forgotten ones).

Completely unacceptable and there’s no excuse for it, especially in our current situation. There’s a bigger issue or issues at hand if you can’t crack the rotation or get meaningful reps on this squad.

Realize I’m from an older generation than these guys but there’s a right and a wrong way to go about this. Not putting in extra work, running your mouth, and having an outwardly sub par attitude will sink you whether you’re a college athlete or a professional in “the real world”. Keep it classy, put your work in and more importantly extra work in. If you perceive you’re not getting a fair shake be a man and move on. That’s the approach these players, and make no mistake it’s players not player, would take if they cared about anyone other than themselves. Instead they are going to grab at every arm and leg as they go down the drain. Incredibly selfish as they have zero consideration for their teammates who they know will be around for another year or years.

As for the question raised earlier about what percentage of the team in “on board”. I assume that means who is ready to ride with Mario and put in the work necessary to get this turned around. Right now it’s just above 50/50. The positive side of the 50 are the guys who have not only bought in but have also backed it up with work. I said it weeks ago that there will be close to a 40 player change from this year to next. I’m sticking with it between transfers, both voluntary and involuntary, and lack of eligibility. Whether action has been taken or not, the purge began a long time ago. Something to consider as well is some of these guys have and will be told they are better off in another setting and are simply getting out ahead of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back