Active player recruiting against us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame on you! We don't do nuance around here! EVERYTHING is black and white!

Nah, I largely agree with you too. It's not like he could've caused a mass exodus prior to the year and have the depth issues you're alluding to. I just think it's worrisome to only see guys being run off now. At minimum there should've beem SOME radar of the extreme cases when you're supposedly setting some sort of culture over the summer. Then you possibly would've have eliminated SOME of the problem and we're not having the insane discussion of kids recruiting AGAINST the program a year after Mario's hire.

Mario is obviously just a builder (hopefully) and not at all a fixer. That building just needs to be expedited through the portal too. And that building BETTER be guys that fit his "culture". There simply CANNOT be an excuse that Mario felt the pressure of this disaster season and tried for a quick-fix via the Portal and a lot of those kids ended up not being good fits for what he was actually trying to build so he needs another 2-3 years to get "his kids" in here as normal recruits.
I am hopeful that we bring in 20+ portal additions this off-season and flip this **** roster. Once that is complete, there won't be any excuses left for Mario. Either they fix it with their guys or they don't and only one person is left trying to catch the falling knife. But I will be patient until that happens. A full off-season for him and most of the staff (hoping no Gattis & Ponce) will help for portal adds.

Advertisement
Care to examine Tressell’s record at OSU prior to being forced out by a scandal?

106-22.
7 Top 5 finishes in 10 seasons.
1 NC (boooo) and 2 other NC appearances.

Meyer is a great HC but he didn’t work any miracles at Ohio State. Credit for keeping the machine humming…

Yes, and we should also point out one other thing for the "but Urban Meyer turned around a 6-7 Ohio Taint team" MORONS.

Urban Meyer took over Ohio Taint in 2012 after a disastrous 6-7 season (2011) under Luke Fickell, it is true.

But in 2010, under Jim Tressel, Ohio Taint went 12-1 and finished the season ranked #5.

So this MYTH that Tresell "left the cupboard bare" is insane. It's just something that Urban said, but that simply wasn't true (as is the case with most things that Urban says). Yes, the 2011 Ohio Taint season was a mess, but think about this. Urban Meyer was suspended in March 2011 and resigned in May 2011. Urban Meyer was hired in November 2011.

Therefore, literally EVERYONE on the Ohio Taint roster when Urban took over was a Jim Tressel recruit, and even Tressel's youngest roster players had signed off of a successful 12-1 Ohio Taint season.

The roster that Urban inherited at Ohio Taint was STACKED.

As for the rest of his career...

---Urban inherited QB Josh Harris at Bowling Green, who was the primary player who helped Urban to succeed for the two whole years he was at Bowling Green.

---Urban inherited QB Alex Smith at Utah, who was the primary player who helped Urban to succeed for the two whole years he was at Utah.

---Urban inherited QB Chris Leak at Florida, who was the primary player who helped Urban to win a national championship in his second year at Florida. Also, the Rivals ranking for the two Florida recruiting classes before Urban took over were #7 (2004) and #2 (2003). The roster that Urban inherited at Florida was STACKED.

So let's review Urban's career. At his first two non-P5 jobs (and Utah was non-P5 at the time), he inherited QBs who would be drafted into the NFL. At his two P5 jobs, he inherited STACKED rosters, including some **** fine QBs.

Advertisement
My god. Mario really never had a chance this year did he? Holy effing **** this thing is effed up. My position of evaluating Mario at the end of year 3 is sounding better and better at this point.

I think if Mario had hired an OC who believed in similar spacing and tempo as Lashlee, the season would have gone whole lot different. He didn't have the players to run his system, especially after all the injuries, but he did it anyways. So I think he had an opportunity for successful season, but his priority was running HIS system and getting rid of any infidels, errr- I mean players that werent buying what he was selling.

Advertisement
People are caught up in star rankings and blue chip ratios but this thing is rotten to the core and now people are seeing how bad it is.
Now I’m only on page 3 so maybe I should have read on. Will this be a problem going forward or is it that bad with the lot we have now that we should be happy when they’re out or will this continue to happen?

Brinson (if true ) sabatoging the program with incoming recruits or transfers is a no brained to give him his walking papers. Yes, he comes from a feeder school and before I did that I would stop by MNW and give them the courtesy of filling them in on this. You cannot lose MNW going forward

On the other hand I can get why the entire WR room is broken and frankly ****ed off. They might have been good soldiers to start with embracing the staff and Gattis but the way the season has played out and experiencing the worst UM offense I’ve ever seen must be even more grueling practicing in it weekly. For half the season I had zero clue what the plan was… then TVD goes down and since then it’s been JaPICKY Garcia and JB who is a couple of years of mechanic s and coaching from being ready.

Frustrating season but it’s disappointing to have some people in house who seem to be wanting to make it worse instead of circling the wagons and coming together to get this thing rolling.

/let the purge begin

The WR, who doesn't play, isn't sabotaging the program, Mario/Gattis offense is

Advertisement
Advertisement

Yes, and we should also point out one other thing for the "but Urban Meyer turned around a 6-7 Ohio Taint team" MORONS.

Urban Meyer took over Ohio Taint in 2012 after a disastrous 6-7 season (2011) under Luke Fickell, it is true.

But in 2010, under Jim Tressel, Ohio Taint went 12-1 and finished the season ranked #5.

So this MYTH that Tresell "left the cupboard bare" is insane. It's just something that Urban said, but that simply wasn't true (as is the case with most things that Urban says). Yes, the 2011 Ohio Taint season was a mess, but think about this. Urban Meyer was suspended in March 2011 and resigned in May 2011. Urban Meyer was hired in November 2011.

Therefore, literally EVERYONE on the Ohio Taint roster when Urban took over was a Jim Tressel recruit, and even Tressel's youngest roster players had signed off of a successful 12-1 Ohio Taint season.

The roster that Urban inherited at Ohio Taint was STACKED.

As for the rest of his career...

---Urban inherited QB Josh Harris at Bowling Green, who was the primary player who helped Urban to succeed for the two whole years he was at Bowling Green.

---Urban inherited QB Alex Smith at Utah, who was the primary player who helped Urban to succeed for the two whole years he was at Utah.

---Urban inherited QB Chris Leak at Florida, who was the primary player who helped Urban to win a national championship in his second year at Florida. Also, the Rivals ranking for the two Florida recruiting classes before Urban took over were #7 (2004) and #2 (2003). The roster that Urban inherited at Florida was STACKED.

So let's review Urban's career. At his first two non-P5 jobs (and Utah was non-P5 at the time), he inherited QBs who would be drafted into the NFL. At his two P5 jobs, he inherited STACKED rosters, including some **** fine QBs.

Agree with you on Him inheriting talent, but His spread option set the CFB world on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back