ACCCG Not Headed Back to Charlotte

What happens when there's g.ay/transgender students on the team and they have to play in North Carolina?... what happens when they need to go to the bathroom at halftime?

Why do you keep bringing them up? You understand there is a difference between sexual identity and preference, right? And this law is only regulating the former, not the latter?

Advertisement
What happens when there's g.ay/transgender students on the team and they have to play in North Carolina?... what happens when they need to go to the bathroom at halftime?

Why do you keep bringing them up? You understand there is a difference between sexual identity and preference, right? And this law is only regulating the former, not the latter?

You are ill informed if you think the hb2 bill is solely about bathrooms. That's like 25% of the entire bill. The entire bill aims to stop LGBT groups from obtaining equality

You are ill informed if you think the hb2 bill is solely about bathrooms. That's like 25% of the entire bill. The entire bill aims to stop LGBT groups from obtaining equality

Who cares? The NCAA letter above is clearly addressing what takes place on college campuses. I don't understand what homosexuality has to do with the NCAA statement above, and either do you. You're just babbling.

Who cares what the other person is on the other side of the glory hole. Fck NC, this isn't about ******, liberals, lady boys, goats, conservatives and so on. this is about money, the Tabasco road mafia knows it benefits them if other venues want their event. They're using the NC stupid and pointless bathroom law as an excuse to shop the ACCCG around to the highest bid.

Politicians in NC shot themselves in the foot, and it's hurting their economy. there has never been a bathroom incident involving a tranny, people can naturally sort that **** out on their own. This was just one of their last attempts (stunt) just to puff out their chest and say "we're still the intolerant NC of old, fck your feelings" as backlash to the massive (veiny) strides made in the LGBT community during the last presidency, especially with marriage equality.

Whatever the reason, I'm glad the game will not be back in Charlotte. Hopefully if goes back to Orlando or Tampa, at least there are things to do over there and it's a much shorter trip for cane fans in south Florida. I won't even be mad if it goes to Jacksonville (Good in terms of recruiting)

I'd lay odds it ends up back in O-town.

An extra bonus is that it'll give UCF superfan Paramus the opportunity to pimp his beloved UCF to the entire ACC

Advertisement
Politics aside, how does HB2 or it's lack thereof, have an impact on the community's ability to "ensure a safe, healthy, discrimination free atmosphere"

The NCAA is saying that there is an impact on the game which creates the lack of a safe, healthy, and discrimination-free atmosphere. Really? How? Why do they lie like that? Why not tell the truth? Which is that they have made a political decision.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled with anything that takes away the game from Carolina. I hate how Carolina-centric the ACC is, so I'm ecstatic about this, especially if it comes back to Florida which I think it will. It makes the most sense.

My point is whatever side you fall on this law, this is an effort to back a political stand and be politically correct. Just tell the truth. For political reasons you don't want to have the game in Carolina. But don't pretend like this law affects anybody's safety or enjoyment. It doesn't.

The law being on the books or not on the books makes absolutely no difference. It's up to that community to pass laws which they think benefit its citizens, and they should be free to do so. They can also create enough political groundswell to repeal the law. But the NCAA's actions are strictly political. But like I said before I'm thrilled that the game is out of Carolina.

Seems like one of the few times these athletic programs are actually treating the athletes as people and not just money. This law isn't something these schools agree with so they are taking a stand. This isn't just about football, and it's entirely possible this law could affect student athletes that could be participating in acc sports.
And no **** these actions against North Carolina are political, that's what happens when you tell 5-10% of the country they don't deserve basic equal rights as others.

Again, that's a different discussion.

I'm saying it's dishonest to say the law, or lack thereof has any impact on the game. Which is what they said. Just state the actual reasons rather than adding that load of bullshīt. Being for or against the law is irrelevant in this context. I'm disagreeing with the organizational behavior lie-speak exhibited, which is real typical, whether it's government, companies or civic organizations.

It doesn't have to impact the actual game itself. I think they mean the law can impact the student (and fans) that attend these games. Obviously this isn't going to affect the score of a basketball game. But that's not what this is about. What happens when there's g.ay/transgender students on the team and they have to play in North Carolina? I think you're looking at it wrong tbh. These students spend more time when they travel not actually playing in the game. And he'll, what happens when they need to go to the bathroom at halftime? Legally speaking they might not be able to use the same bathroom as their own teammates because the state is discriminating against them.
Also you should realize that to us this may just seem like something very unimportant but if you aren't g.ayor trans this really is a big deal. Pretty sure the relationship between being not allowed to use the restroom you identify with and suicide isn't an insignificant number.

I can see the enforceability argument, but about that transgender athlete issue...

Transgender Texas boy wins controversial girls wrestling state title

Looks to me to be one heck of a Title IX case at the college level, denying women the ability to compete.

Of course, Millennialls think everything happening in society is just happening because they are alive...Google "Rene Richards."

In the end, you have to admit it's just John Swofford kissing up to Marky Mark Emmert to keep the Tar Heels alive in the NCAA without their usual complement of sixth, seventh, and eighth man in the striped shirts; especially since they get payed less by the NCAA then they do the ACC...The "right" calls fatten the old wallet in the All Carolina Conference.

I love how everyone hates millenials but not the azzholes who raised them...maybe if your generation didn't hate people for no ******* reason like skin color and where they want to put their ****s/twats, millenials wouldn't feel the need to be so politically correct.

Looks to me to be one heck of a Title IX case at the college level, denying women the ability to compete.

The entire thing is one giant Title IX cluster f*ck if schools adpot the liberal argument. Imagine the first time a rape survivor walks into her dorm room or the shower and there is some stranger there with a ***** hanging out there. And she says, "ummmmm, I requested a same *** dorm room!" and the school says, "sorry, that's what we gave you." The next step visit she will make will be to the Title IX office to sue the school.

Last edited:
I love how everyone hates millenials but not the azzholes who raised them...maybe if your generation didn't hate people for no ******* reason like skin color and where they want to put their ****s/****s, millenials wouldn't feel the need to be so politically correct.

Being a millennial has nothing to do with being ok with mental health ppl calling themselves the opposite ***. or all this other delusional liberal social bs thats being forced down everyones throats to accept as normal when its not.

Advertisement
Politics aside, how does HB2 or it's lack thereof, have an impact on the community's ability to "ensure a safe, healthy, discrimination free atmosphere"

The NCAA is saying that there is an impact on the game which creates the lack of a safe, healthy, and discrimination-free atmosphere. Really? How? Why do they lie like that? Why not tell the truth? Which is that they have made a political decision.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled with anything that takes away the game from Carolina. I hate how Carolina-centric the ACC is, so I'm ecstatic about this, especially if it comes back to Florida which I think it will. It makes the most sense.

My point is whatever side you fall on this law, this is an effort to back a political stand and be politically correct. Just tell the truth. For political reasons you don't want to have the game in Carolina. But don't pretend like this law affects anybody's safety or enjoyment. It doesn't.

The law being on the books or not on the books makes absolutely no difference. It's up to that community to pass laws which they think benefit its citizens, and they should be free to do so. They can also create enough political groundswell to repeal the law. But the NCAA's actions are strictly political. But like I said before I'm thrilled that the game is out of Carolina.

Seems like one of the few times these athletic programs are actually treating the athletes as people and not just money. This law isn't something these schools agree with so they are taking a stand. This isn't just about football, and it's entirely possible this law could affect student athletes that could be participating in acc sports.
And no **** these actions against North Carolina are political, that's what happens when you tell 5-10% of the country they don't deserve basic equal rights as others.

Again, that's a different discussion.

I'm saying it's dishonest to say the law, or lack thereof has any impact on the game. Which is what they said. Just state the actual reasons rather than adding that load of bullshīt. Being for or against the law is irrelevant in this context. I'm disagreeing with the organizational behavior lie-speak exhibited, which is real typical, whether it's government, companies or civic organizations.

It doesn't have to impact the actual game itself. I think they mean the law can impact the student (and fans) that attend these games. Obviously this isn't going to affect the score of a basketball game. But that's not what this is about. What happens when there's g.ay/transgender students on the team and they have to play in North Carolina? I think you're looking at it wrong tbh. These students spend more time when they travel not actually playing in the game. And he'll, what happens when they need to go to the bathroom at halftime? Legally speaking they might not be able to use the same bathroom as their own teammates because the state is discriminating against them.
Also you should realize that to us this may just seem like something very unimportant but if you aren't g.ayor trans this really is a big deal. Pretty sure the relationship between being not allowed to use the restroom you identify with and suicide isn't an insignificant number.

I can see the enforceability argument, but about that transgender athlete issue...

Transgender Texas boy wins controversial girls wrestling state title

Of course, Millennialls think everything happening in society is just happening because they are alive...Google "Rene Richards."

In the end, you have to admit it's just John Swofford kissing up to Marky Mark Emmert to keep the Tar Heels alive in the NCAA without their usual complement of sixth, seventh, and eighth man in the striped shirts; especially since they get payed less by the NCAA then they do the ACC...The "right" calls fatten the old wallet in the All Carolina Conference.

I still don't get it. I have tried so many times to withdraw money from the bank, and they tell me I don't have a million dollars in my account. I tell them I feel like I do, but they tell me I don't. I am being discriminated against in the worst kind of way.

I love how everyone hates millenials but not the azzholes who raised them...maybe if your generation didn't hate people for no ******* reason like skin color and where they want to put their ****s/twats, millenials wouldn't feel the need to be so politically correct.

I didn't used the word "Hate" in conjunction with the Millennials, I was just pointing out they suffer from a myopia; a myopia previous generations have also exhibited. As a first month, first year Gen X'er, I raised a millennial child I am quite proud of, one who has been very successful by any generational standard. But even they laugh at the absurdity "Second Wave" millennials (say born after '93 and on) exhibit on many occasions. Remember, the Baby Boomers went from those born in '49, fighting or protesting the Vietnam War, to those born in 1961 riding the Reagan boom years...There are usually two distinct waves in every generation.

So how are they enforcing this so called law? Are the bathroom police at every bathroom door checking birth certificates? The whole thing is a joke and NC is a laughing stock. Stupidity at it's finest.

So how are they enforcing this so called law? Are the bathroom police at every bathroom door checking birth certificates? The whole thing is a joke and NC is a laughing stock. Stupidity at it's finest.

Isn't that true of any bathroom regulation? They have an outline of a "man" and an outline of a "woman" on the door, telling you which room you are permitted to go into. But there has never been a guard at the door making sure you go into the right one. That has never stopped us from having those stick figure outlines on the door.
And majority of Americans polled agree with the bathroom regulations, forget shower, locker room, or dorm. So I don't think it's that much of a "laughing stock."

Advertisement

Isn't that true of any bathroom regulation? They have an outline of a "man" and an outline of a "woman" on the door, telling you which room you are permitted to go into. But there has never been a guard at the door making sure you go into the right one. That has never stopped us from having those stick figure outlines on the door.
And majority of Americans polled agree with the bathroom regulations, forget shower, locker room, or dorm. So I don't think it's that much of a "laughing stock."

Exactly.... and this is the main reason why a Republican president is in office, even though liberals swear that Obama was the greatest thing to happen since the light bulb..... majority of americans dont identify as liberals or conservatives from a mainstream political point of view, they/we think rationally and try to live in reality. So when you make decisions like catering to LGBT you're going to lose elections.

I love how everyone hates millenials but not the azzholes who raised them...maybe if your generation didn't hate people for no ******* reason like skin color and where they want to put their ****s/****s, millenials wouldn't feel the need to be so politically correct.

Being a millennial has nothing to do with being ok with mental health ppl calling themselves the opposite ***. or all this other delusional liberal social bs thats being forced down everyones throats to accept as normal when its not.

There is a difference with not agreeing with someones belief, but minding your own business, and not being ok with someones belief and going out of your way to make someone's life more difficult. I do agree that believing you're a woman, when you're born with a dyck is a mental disorder. But I mind my own business because they don't pose a threat to me or society. And last I checked, we don't discriminate against people with mental illness or mental disorders in the country. At least not anymore..

The reason why you feel certain issues are being pushed down your throat, is because people still feel they're being treated different/unjust. Gheys are still seen negative from a vast majority of the population. However, there have been more rapes of young boys by priest and sick fücks like Sandusky who claim to be "straight" than ghey men or transsexuals. But it is not the catholic priest or the coaches who people view as monsters and are afraid of. Because when it comes to priest and coaches, people realize that the majority of the are good, but those same sentiments don't apply to the other group of people unfortunately.

As someone who's political views are in the middle, I can admit that liberals are annoying AF more often than not, but the hypocrisy from the conservative folks who preach small government is baffling. it is ussually them writing some bill preventing people from doing certain things when they don't agree with their way of life. conservatives need to focus on more important things other than bathroom laws and abortion. Live and let live, "it takes two to lambada". A ghey dude in an elevator told me that once. I don't know what he meant but it makes sense.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Exactly. Waste of time and costing the good people of NC jobs.

Wow.

HB2 is about more than just public bathrooms. In the context of employment discrimination, for instance, HB2 prevents municipalities and counties in North Carolina from expanding protections for LGBT individuals beyond those provided for by state law. This is important, as North Carolina (like many states) does not provide constitutional or statutory protections for individuals based on their sexual preference or gender identification.

Interestingly, the law also lowers the statute of limitations for any discrimination action premised on North Carolina's statutory scheme from three years to one year, thereby making it more difficult for anyone (regardless of gender, sexual preference, race, religion, or national origin) to pursue their legal rights in the face of discriminatory conduct.

As far as safety, I would strongly argue that any society that makes the open practice of discrimination more acceptable is less safe. Likewise, I would imagine living in a society where you can be openly discriminated against for any reason can result in emotional or psychological distress, effectively diminishing that community's mental health.

The point regarding how communities pass laws they think benefit their citizens is particularly interesting in this instance, since that is exactly what HB2 prevents. Local communities within the state of North Carolina were expanding protections to various people (mostly, but not exclusively, in the LGBT community). The State of North Carolina apparently did not like that and moved to curtail the ability of those communities to continue doing so.

This article from the Charlotte Observer summarizes the effects of HB2 pretty well in case anyone is interested:

Understanding HB2: North Carolina?s newest law solidifies state?s role in defining discrimination | The Charlotte Observer

But either way, at least we can (most of us, I think) be thankful the game is out of North Carolina.

EDIT: Went to the next page and noticed OriginalCanes's point re: it being intellectually dishonest for the NCAA to claim this has any impact on the game. The community is impacted. Any impact on the game is obviously much more attenuated. Also, I recognize OriginalCane never mentioned the bathroom angle... I started with that because way too many of the posts did, and the law (as written) effects much more than that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back