ACC Tournament

Advertisement
If we hadn't completely crapped the bed in the tourney I think we'd have a shot. But like I've said before, the head to head win will be completely negated by the fact ND curb stomped us last game. That 15 spot they put on us is what will ring loud to the committee.
We got stomped by Wake Forest my dude, not ND.

It’s really choose your adventure. We also have the 21st SOS vs 52nd. Their non conference SOS is an abysmal 261st to our 100th (which is unusually poor for us)
It's just going to come down to what the committee values most. They may look at the last N number of games as one of the factors rewarding who's playing well right now.

Last 10 games:

UM - 4-6
ND - 7-3

I can't see getting that #8 seed.

Advertisement
Need Pitt or UNC to win it all and our RPI to rise accordingly. Then I will go back to saying we are an 8 seed lock, and we will get the 14 seed.

Need Pitt or UNC to win it all and our RPI to rise accordingly. Then I will go back to saying we are an 8 seed lock, and we will get the 14 seed.
I just don't see getting that #8 seed when you look at the last 10 games that I posted. We are 4-6 in our last 10 games. Not good heading into regionals.

Advertisement
Southern Miss is the team to watch. There just aren’t many teams worthy of top 8. Notre Dame is likely in (not 100%), but there is still one more spot left. It’s likely between Miami and Southern Miss.

UTSA holding on for the win over Southern Miss would be helpful too, I’ll let @scane punch the numbers, but that may drop them below us in RPI too.
They would easily drop below us. Either A&M or Florida will jump us though. I would expect at least Florida to pass ND too and we would gain a couple RPI points which could matter for a spot somewhere.

ND is virtually tied with Auburn (currently 12th). They could drop a spot in the end but I can’t tell.

Last edited:
I just don't see getting that #8 seed when you look at the last 10 games that I posted. We are 4-6 in our last 10 games. Not good heading into regionals.
My base assumption is that RPI sways it at the end because that’s always the easiest solution for them, but it’ll certainly be a conversation now.

Advertisement
Southern Miss is the team to watch. There just aren’t many teams worthy of top 8. Notre Dame is likely in (not 100%), but there is still one more spot left. It’s likely between Miami and Southern Miss.
They are getting handled by UTSA right now. They lose and it should come down to us vs ND for the 8.

Also if OSU/Texas loses the B12 title. Then that could open up 2 top 8 spots. I don’t think there’s another team that can sneak in.

We could still back into a spot.

Maryland took a 4-3 lead on a sac bunt Indiana botched to the tune of two runs
That was just a horrible play starting with the bunt.

I knew he wasn't going to bunt it well simply looking at the way the Maryland player was holding the bat. When I saw him holding it parallel to the ground it wasn't going to be a good attempt. I can't believe at the D1 P5 level players don't know how to bunt properly, but you see it everywhere.

Advertisement
They are getting handled by UTSA right now. They lose and it should come down to us vs ND for the 8.

Also if OSU/Texas loses the B12 title. Then that could open up 2 top 8 spots. I don’t think there’s another team that can sneak in.

We could still back into a spot.
Dungeons And Dragons Meme GIF by Hyper RPG

Advertisement
Back