1pm North Carolina vs Notre Dame ACCN
5pm Pittsburgh vs NC State ACCN

Sunday
Noon North Carolina vs NC State ESPN2

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I think it's pre-determined pool play, so, you don't necessarily play the loser of their 1st game in our 1st game(?).
It is, but the lower seeds in the pool have always played first under this format, so we’ll at least know which game is meaningless before we take the field.

It is, but the lower seeds in the pool have always played first under this format, so we’ll at least know which game is meaningless before we take the field.
So, to be clear, the hope is that whomever our first game is against, we'd prefer they were 0 - 1 when we play them.

Advertisement
So, to be clear, the hope is that whomever our first game is against, we'd prefer they were 0 - 1 when we play them.
Preferable from a Palm perspective for sure. On the other hand, the first game being the meaningful one is probably better from a Walters/bullpen perspective. I’d rather need them game one and know I’m getting them a “day off” for game two to spread out their appearances. The knowing when to use Palm and Walters is the big thing for me.

Advertisement
Assuming us and them don’t lay an egg, you simply can’t run Rosario out there against Louisville. They can really hit. Not that losing that game will keep us from being a national seed, but if you win your pool, you should be playing to win. I know for sure Louisville will throw the kitchen sink at this tourney. If they have a good showing they’ll be top 8.

Advertisement
Back