ACC Tournament

I don't think many people here actually care about winning the ACC title. It's more about winning enough games to solidify the national seed while hopefully building some momentum for the regionals.
Okay that is awesome to read! Momentum is important. Rest is important. Based only on my scanning of posts, seems like rest is more important than momentum. I too hope we get a national seed by the way. I think it refocuses things for Omaha!!

Advertisement
Okay that is awesome to read! Momentum is important. Rest is important. Based only on my scanning of posts, seems like rest is more important than momentum. I too hope we get a national seed by the way. I think it refocuses things for Omaha!!
The best-case scenario would be to go 2-0, then tell the ACC that we're headed home. But I think that would be frowned upon.

Honestly in my mind what I wish we would do is run arms out there we may need in regionals & supers. Maybe a kid that has just not been utilized for whatever reason. I think throwing a bullpen game with arms that could use a few innings of work. It would sorta feel like the football stars in college skipping their bowl game to prepare for draft . . . except then we have regionals and supers:)

Honestly in my mind what I wish we would do is run arms out there we may need in regionals & supers. Maybe a kid that has just not been utilized for whatever reason. I think throwing a bullpen game with arms that could use a few innings of work. It would sorta feel like the football stars in college skipping their bowl game to prepare for draft . . . except then we have regionals and supers:)
I think we'll see a version of that Wednesday.

Advertisement
Yeah but how is NDs 3rd basemen. Their loses this weekend could have them reeling.
Just stupid with the game no longer in doubt. Yes, he threw 14 innings up to that point. Warming up you could tell he was overthrowing.

I could care less about the ACC tourney. I know it matters to some of you, but I think baseball conference titles are pretty much meaningless. I also do understand that how we play determines some of the regional/supers spots and all. I prefer we get healthy and rested. I know it isnt the time of year to be resting, I simply do not value the conference title bc if we get that and miss on regionals or supers, no bueno para me;)

Most of you could say who is pitching well, hitting well, and fielding well along with who is not doing enough. Are any key players that have played this year been shut down due to injury?

Miami baseball is about the post season. Conference title is post season yes, but meaningless as Ive said! If the team is as young as many seem to indicate, wouldnt this regular season have been considered a success?
Every win improves our RPI and national standing. Winning the ACC tournament would move Miami to 3rd and maybe 2nd nationally.

You can win or lose the ACC tournament and then lose the regional. Lose the regional with no ACC title, then what do you have?

We've never won the ACC in football. If we win an ACC football title but lose in the playoff game, then by your analogy, it's just a failure for not winning the national championship.

FYI, we haven't won a baseball or football national championship since 2001.

Conference titles matter.

Advertisement
I imagine his dad had to be held back after the game.
I have seasons are on the third base side so the ND parents were behind me. They weren't happy. I was more ****ed because the kid is a very good player, and it made no sense. He got 8 warm up pitches and it was so flipping obvious he was overpitching.

Every win improves our RPI and national standing. Winning the ACC tournament would move Miami to 3rd and maybe 2nd nationally.

You can win or lose the ACC tournament and then lose the regional. Lose the regional with no ACC title, then what do you have?

We've never won the ACC in football. If we win an ACC football title but lose in the playoff game, then by your analogy, it's just a failure for not winning the national championship.

FYI, we haven't won a baseball or football national championship since 2001.

Conference titles matter.
Not really. Not to this program (the same one that used the national runner-up trophy as a doorstop), anyway.

That’s a terrible analogy, too. You have to win the acc if you want to make the football playoffs, 10 different acc teams will make the baseball playoffs.

I could care less about the ACC tourney. I know it matters to some of you, but I think baseball conference titles are pretty much meaningless. I also do understand that how we play determines some of the regional/supers spots and all. I prefer we get healthy and rested. I know it isnt the time of year to be resting, I simply do not value the conference title bc if we get that and miss on regionals or supers, no bueno para me;)

Most of you could say who is pitching well, hitting well, and fielding well along with who is not doing enough. Are any key players that have played this year been shut down due to injury?

Miami baseball is about the post season. Conference title is post season yes, but meaningless as Ive said! If the team is as young as many seem to indicate, wouldnt this regular season have been considered a success?
I just want the team to continue working on their hitting staying engaged, pitchers to get some work and final tooling before the real playoffs.

Hope we win it but yeah I don’t want the bats or the arms to get cold

Advertisement
Winning the ACC Tournament is about as relevant as winning series vs UF/FSU. Sure we want to win, but the standard for this program has always been Omaha and what really matters during the season is doing well enough to get a Top-8 seed so we can be at home for Regionals/Supers.

Agree with @WanderFranco 2-0 in our Pool locks up a Top-8 seed and the anything after that shouldnt come at the cost of putting more innings on our best arms.

That being said, we got a brutal matchup with Wake, because it looks like they're holding back Rhett Lowder, the ACC Pitcher of the Year, for that game

Winning the ACC Tournament is about as relevant as winning series vs UF/FSU. Sure we want to win, but the standard for this program has always been Omaha and what really matters during the season is doing well enough to get a Top-8 seed so we can be at home for Regionals/Supers.

Agree with @WanderFranco 2-0 in our Pool locks up a Top-8 seed and the anything after that shouldnt come at the cost of putting more innings on our best arms.

That being said, we got a brutal matchup with Wake, because it looks like they're holding back Rhett Lowder, the ACC Pitcher of the Year, for that game
Easy to say when you don't win it.

Advertisement
Not really. Not to this program (the same one that used the national runner-up trophy as a doorstop), anyway.

That’s a terrible analogy, too. You have to win the acc if you want to make the football playoffs, 10 different acc teams will make the baseball playoffs.
No, you proved my point exactly. 10 ACC teams make it to the NCAA tournament. Only 1 wins an ACC title. So, not making it to Omaha is no better than the last ACC team that barely got into the tournament. No distinction.

You can discount it all you want. I guarantee the players are trying to win an ACC tournament title.

Wednesday’s TV broadcasters (Note: It won’t be broadcast in Florida until 3am. Hopefully, this means they won’t blackout the ACCNX feed vs requiring the Bally Sports App)

Friday’s TV broadcasters

Both games are on ACCNX out of market. The Wake-NC State game tomorrow is also tape delayed until 3am in Florida.

Wednesday’s TV broadcasters (Note: It won’t be broadcast in Florida until 3am. Hopefully, this means they won’t blackout the ACCNX feed vs requiring the Bally Sports App)

Friday’s TV broadcasters

Both games are on ACCNX out of market. The Wake-NC State game tomorrow is also tape delayed until 3am in Florida.
Why? College baseball isn’t already obscure enough?

Why? College baseball isn’t already obscure enough?
The overarching answer: John Swofford wanted his son to remain employed.

The specific answer: The Marlins are playing the Rays, with the Marlins broadcast on Bally Sports Florida and the Rays broadcast on Bally Sports Sun.

Advertisement
Back