ACC Tournament

A:We went with this lower RPI team because of the their number of Top 50 wins and strong conference.
Q:Why did you pick this other team with no Top 50 wins and weak conference?
A: Well it was the strong RPI, so we had to ignore those other factors
Their answers may be amusingly similar to the above, which will be code for ... there's no way we're letting three ACC teams in the Top 8, we needed a Big Ten northern team, ***** Miami and their John Ruiz guy and his arrogance, etc.

I predict everyone else's poor tournament performance will be explained away except ours.

Advertisement
Their answers may be amusingly similar to the above, which will be code for ... there's no way we're letting three ACC teams in the Top 8, we needed a Big Ten northern team, ***** Miami and their John Ruiz guy and his arrogance, etc.

I predict everyone else's poor tournament performance will be explained away except ours.
Probably, although they are historically nice to us in years ending in 2. They gave us a generous at large in 2002 and a very generous host in 2012.

Probably, although they are historically nice to us in years ending in 2. They gave us a generous at large in 2002 and a very generous host in 2012.
I’m looking forward to the explanation of sending UF to our site for regional efficiency but not sending UConn to Maryland for those same reasons.

Advertisement
I’m looking forward to the explanation of sending UF to our site for regional efficiency but not sending UConn to Maryland for those same reasons.
I think at some point when you’re on a plane you’re on a plane. They send NE teams here a lot for regionals. BA’s Rutgers projection makes a lot of sense too. Send UConn to Maryland because you can’t send Rutgers there.

If this Florida-A&M result holds, Toral may well be ending his career at the potato donut truck.

Last edited:
We’re down to 15th after Texas beat Oklahoma State heading for 16th when the Florida game ends. Notre Dame is 12th heading for 13th. I think we would move back ahead of Texas if lose to Oklahoma tomorrow but it would be tight.

East Carolina likely clears the gap with ND one way or another (down would be better) tomorrow.

We’re down to 15th after Texas beat Oklahoma State heading for 16th when the Florida game ends. Notre Dame is 12th heading for 13th. I think we would move back ahead of Texas if lose to Oklahoma tomorrow but it would be tight.
At this point you could make an argument for UF getting the 8 over us more than you could ND.

I think at some point when you’re on a plane you’re on a plane. They send NE teams here a lot for regionals. BA’s Rutgers projection makes a lot of sense too. Send UConn to Maryland because you can’t send Rutgers there.

If this Florida-A&M result holds, Toral may well be ending his career at the potato donut truck.
I'd be surprised if UF doesn't steal a host as well as they have played the last couple of weeks (14 -3 w a W tonight). And they've owned FSU just as lopsided as they have us.

Advertisement
At this point you could make an argument for UF getting the 8 over us more than you could ND.
Assuming they lose to Tennessee tomorrow, 18-17 in the SEC is still a hard sell, but Texas A&M at 22 or 23 in the RPI is too. Pretty much everyone outside the Top 4 is though.

I'd be surprised if UF doesn't steal a host as well as they have played the last couple of weeks (14 -3 w a W tonight). And they've owned FSU just as lopsided as they have us.
LSU is down to 27 in the RPI. It seems a pretty obvious swap for me.

Advertisement
Assuming they lose to Tennessee tomorrow, 18-17 in the SEC is still a hard sell, but Texas A&M at 22 or 23 in the RPI is too. Pretty much everyone outside the Top 4 is though.
I was looking at their conference record right now, as their regular season and adding the tourney games. Math error on my part. But yea 18-17 won’t cut it.

College baseball today:
giphy.gif

Florida rises to 11th with the win, and Texas A&M falls a little less than Warren Nolan had indicated to 20th.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back