A word...

Advertisement
Arguably??...Lol...Name one CFB coach in the last 40yrs of CFB....That put more "Quality" (and 1st rounders) kids into the NFL...who ended up being Multiple All Pros...MVPs and HOFers....I'll wait.........

On 11/23/19 Butch proved to be a game day coach.

The guy went 4-0 in bowl games while here. FIU is having their most successful stretch in their history now. I don’t know where the “he’s not a game day coach” rhetoric comes from. He had to build us up, build UNC up, and now building FIU. He’s never taken over a fluid program; even the Cleveland Browns.

The guy went 4-0 in bowl games while here. FIU is having their most successful stretch in their history now. I don’t know where the “he’s not a game day coach” rhetoric comes from. He had to build us up, build UNC up, and now building FIU. He’s never taken over a fluid program; even the Cleveland Browns.

Dawg, UNC was about to be a PROBLEM. Before them suspensions came through.

Hating on Butch Davis is wild.

Yep.

That game on national TV against LSU with half the team missing - and they almost pulled it out.

Think they had the top 2 (or 2 of the very top) LBs in the country that year.

One of them was suspended for the first half.

In the second half, him and the other LB were just drilling the LSU RB.

Loved every minute of it.

Our team would be loaded across the board if he were here.

Dawg, UNC was about to be a PROBLEM. Before them suspensions came through.

Hating on Butch Davis is wild.

Advertisement
Yep.

That game on national TV against LSU with half the team missing - and they almost pulled it out.

Think they had the top 2 (or 2 of the very top) LBs in the country that year.

One of them was suspended for the first half.

In the second half, him and the other LB were just drilling the LSU RB.

Loved every minute of it.

Our team would be loaded across the board if he were here.

Yeah. He had them in position. Suspensions as injuries were the only thing to de-rail them.

I remember being puzzled by some of his decisions in games at the time but the specifics have long been smoked away with an abundance of indica. I think the game coaching of the 3 before him was probably better but Butch was the greatest talent identifier, developer I’ve seen - both players and coaches though Jimmy certainly developed plenty.

I think it’s clear that both UM and Butch would be better off today if he never left. The ship sailed.

Advertisement
All these years I thought @Cribby was black too bruh.

Quality poster. There were some other dudes I don’t know if they still post here from 2012 when I joined here.

To make a long story short. I went to a majority black church so majority of the people I was around as a kid were black. My baby sitter who was black stayed in the projects so even from 5-6 years old until now that’s been my circle. So maybe I put off a little of that vibe on here

I’m one of the og’s of being called a “ wannabe” , thirty years ago it wasn’t nearly as cool as today.

To make a long story short. I went to a majority black church so majority of the people I was around as a kid were black. My baby sitter who was black stayed in the projects so even from 5-6 years old until now that’s been my circle. So maybe I put off a little of that vibe on here

. I’m one of the og’s of being called a “ wannabe” thirty years ago. It wasn’t quite as cool back then as today lol.
Some of us get to enjoy the best of both worlds....

Butch Davis had 25 players that he recruited drafted during his short time at UNC.

The 2011 draft alone had 9 draftees. Questioning that mans ability to identify and coach up talent is wild.

He done got some FIU players drafted this past year.

FIU.....think about that and their NFL history.

Butch Davis is about to give FIU their highest number of draft picks under a coach.....

Last edited:
Butch Davis 25 players that he recruited drafted. During his short time at UNC.

2011 draft alone had 9 draftees. Questioning that mans ability to identify and coach up talent is wild.

He don’t got some FIU players drafted this past year.

FIU.....think about that and their NFL history.

Butch Davis is about to give FIU their highest number of draft picks under a coach.....
Quit making me cry....

Advertisement
I've been giving it way more than I normally would lately. Especially to 1luv and caneoil.

I'll try to keep it more civil but don't get it twisted if both were in a bar with their MAGA hats and cane jerseys id still buy em a beer. Might be a miller high life...but a beer nonetheless.

I've been giving it way more than I normally would lately. Especially to 1luv and caneoil.

I'll try to keep it more civil but don't get it twisted if both were in a bar with their MAGA hats and cane jerseys id still buy em a beer. Might be a miller high life...but a beer nonetheless.
And I'll hug you, bro. I love the champagne of beers.

Advertisement

I’m one of the og’s of being called a “ wannabe” , thirty years ago it wasn’t nearly as cool as today.

Ayyy my grandmas mural still hangs behind the pulpit at New Life Christian off 13th in Bokey!

Below is the rock I will boldly jump off, into the shimmering waters off the coast of “south beach”.

Quoting RVA because it illustrates something I've been thinking about lately, regarding why there seems to be so many issues on the site right now. So here’s my piece of moldy cheesecake on the last few months, as a mod:

This place has sucked. Badly and progressively. It makes me long for the days of debating the 2-gap 4-3, Yearby v Cook, and Butch v the world. Those were the conversations that, no matter how awful people acted in the moment, I could shrug off as the angry ramblings of internet nutjobs who were just as bored yet passionate as me. We were looking for ways to connect, and this was the place much like grassy, CI, etc before it. It was simple.

Right now everything is as jacked as a 4th quarter halfback pass in an actual war zone. Nothing makes sense, the weather is terrible, but worst of all I know many, many people fiercely and honestly believe there is a life or death struggle happening for millions of Americans “like them”. Who look like them, talk them, smell like them. Whether its COVID or their business or their job or their dad or their mom or their black child or their black self or their white uncle who’s a cop or his wife who lost him in the line of duty or an immigrant who can’t get his family in the country or a Christian who feels like she can’t believe in Christ himself without losing her job or Muslim who gets blamed for ish he’s never even considered let alone done it’s just a head wrap man chill or the many, many members aged 60+ we have on CIS who can’t even go to Publix without a stupid, stupid freaking mask on that just might save their life but should they wear gloves too or check their temperature or see their grandkids just once please God or die alone in their house telling everyone they’re cool and can’t wait to get “back to normal” while their neighbor can’t survive another day without his gun shop open or her food truck is about to get repo’d while his son with diabetes just went into a coma and his boss’ wife is tired of reminding her boys exactly how to act if they get pulled over or to not go into anyone’s yard and to leave the area if they see a white person on the phone.

I have never felt so different than all of you in my entire life on CIS. I have never felt more unlike all of you, and it hurts. I can’t escape the anger, fear, weariness and all of the above on every page of every thread. (I am not saying each of us has endured the same things). Especially when each and every thread quickly takes the same tornadic form and empties all kindness down the same heartless drain with the same torrential force to the same sickening sound. For the first time being at CIS I feel like I’m trying to moderate hearts instead of words, and I love y’all but it’s the worst. I can’t do it, I don’t know your lives, I don’t really know your hearts. But I know you’re not ok.

If CIS was a patient I’d say she’s pretty sick, and that I don’t know how to help. I want her to get better — soon — but it’s going to take some time and a lot of healthy choices along the way. All I can ask is that you guys try — just try, please — to be softer with your words and compassionate in your approach.

I don’t want lifelong enemies to be made in this awful window of time, it makes me ill to see it unfolding. Again, hate each other because you think Butch should be the head coach — that crap is irrelevant. But don’t hate each other because of things that matter, because of who you are as people. That hurts to see, because you will remember that in your heart far longer than you will who supported Golden til the end (except for that one guy who everyone somehow remembers. No, not him, the one who confuses his meat with his charcoal. Good guy regardless.)

My dad was the one who made me a Cane. He was from Illinois and moved to Ft. Lauderdale when he was in his early 20s, back when Miami was still Suntan U. We left south Florida when I was ten, but stayed true canes and learned to live alone with our fandom. He died 14 years ago in a construction accident.

I have one real life friend who’s a Miami fan, @Cribby, and I met him through CaneInsider. We started goofing off in the chat feature they had way back, then when Brandin Odoi went nuts on everyone we took it off the site and emailed each other, way back when that was not so easy to do. Eventually we started texting, I thought he was black, learned I was wrong, normal internet friend stuff. We didn’t speak on the phone for years, maybe 5+, until he lost a very close relative. Since then it’s no big deal to chat, and it’s become an amazing friendship. We even spoke today about the State of the U and the State of the Union. It was great. It was simple.

You can’t be Cribby’s friend like me, but please don’t lose sight of why we are all here: to participate in the privately-funded social circus known as UM athletics, alongside the countless uncaged animals who inhabit it like me, Cribby, and the rest of you.

Anyway, you don’t care and I look forward to locking this thread.

View attachment 119544
I love you too, brother.

🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿

Advertisement
Back