A word...

Below is the rock I will boldly jump off, into the shimmering waters off the coast of “south beach”.

Quoting RVA because it illustrates something I've been thinking about lately, regarding why there seems to be so many issues on the site right now. So here’s my piece of moldy cheesecake on the last few months, as a mod:

This place has sucked. Badly and progressively. It makes me long for the days of debating the 2-gap 4-3, Yearby v Cook, and Butch v the world. Those were the conversations that, no matter how awful people acted in the moment, I could shrug off as the angry ramblings of internet nutjobs who were just as bored yet passionate as me. We were looking for ways to connect, and this was the place much like grassy, CI, etc before it. It was simple.

Right now everything is as jacked as a 4th quarter halfback pass in an actual war zone. Nothing makes sense, the weather is terrible, but worst of all I know many, many people fiercely and honestly believe there is a life or death struggle happening for millions of Americans “like them”. Who look like them, talk them, smell like them. Whether its COVID or their business or their job or their dad or their mom or their black child or their black self or their white uncle who’s a cop or his wife who lost him in the line of duty or an immigrant who can’t get his family in the country or a Christian who feels like she can’t believe in Christ himself without losing her job or Muslim who gets blamed for ish he’s never even considered let alone done it’s just a head wrap man chill or the many, many members aged 60+ we have on CIS who can’t even go to Publix without a stupid, stupid freaking mask on that just might save their life but should they wear gloves too or check their temperature or see their grandkids just once please God or die alone in their house telling everyone they’re cool and can’t wait to get “back to normal” while their neighbor can’t survive another day without his gun shop open or her food truck is about to get repo’d while his son with diabetes just went into a coma and his boss’ wife is tired of reminding her boys exactly how to act if they get pulled over or to not go into anyone’s yard and to leave the area if they see a white person on the phone.

I have never felt so different than all of you in my entire life on CIS. I have never felt more unlike all of you, and it hurts. I can’t escape the anger, fear, weariness and all of the above on every page of every thread. (I am not saying each of us has endured the same things). Especially when each and every thread quickly takes the same tornadic form and empties all kindness down the same heartless drain with the same torrential force to the same sickening sound. For the first time being at CIS I feel like I’m trying to moderate hearts instead of words, and I love y’all but it’s the worst. I can’t do it, I don’t know your lives, I don’t really know your hearts. But I know you’re not ok.

If CIS was a patient I’d say she’s pretty sick, and that I don’t know how to help. I want her to get better — soon — but it’s going to take some time and a lot of healthy choices along the way. All I can ask is that you guys try — just try, please — to be softer with your words and compassionate in your approach.

I don’t want lifelong enemies to be made in this awful window of time, it makes me ill to see it unfolding. Again, hate each other because you think Butch should be the head coach — that crap is irrelevant. But don’t hate each other because of things that matter, because of who you are as people. That hurts to see, because you will remember that in your heart far longer than you will who supported Golden til the end (except for that one guy who everyone somehow remembers. No, not him, the one who confuses his meat with his charcoal. Good guy regardless.)

My dad was the one who made me a Cane. He was from Illinois and moved to Ft. Lauderdale when he was in his early 20s, back when Miami was still Suntan U. We left south Florida when I was ten, but stayed true canes and learned to live alone with our fandom. He died 14 years ago in a construction accident.

I have one real life friend who’s a Miami fan, @Cribby, and I met him through CaneInsider. We started goofing off in the chat feature they had way back, then when Brandin Odoi went nuts on everyone we took it off the site and emailed each other, way back when that was not so easy to do. Eventually we started texting, I thought he was black, learned I was wrong, normal internet friend stuff. We didn’t speak on the phone for years, maybe 5+, until he lost a very close relative. Since then it’s no big deal to chat, and it’s become an amazing friendship. We even spoke today about the State of the U and the State of the Union. It was great. It was simple.

You can’t be Cribby’s friend like me, but please don’t lose sight of why we are all here: to participate in the privately-funded social circus known as UM athletics, alongside the countless uncaged animals who inhabit it like me, Cribby, and the rest of you.

Anyway, you don’t care and I look forward to locking this thread.

View attachment 119544

One more for good measure.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Also upon reflection, Butch Davis was not, in fact, a football God. He was a football charlatan with a great eye for talent and the ability to develop that talent. Nothing more, nothing less. Somebody prove me wrong.

Since resuming operations in 1999, the Browns have struggled to find success. They have had only two winning seasons (in 2002 and 2007), one playoff appearance (2002), and no playoff wins, winning only approximately a third of their games in total

Think about this and 🤫 Butch was coaching in Cleveland for two years. A new coach in year TWO in the “not for long league” on a new to the league team. He did follow Chris Palmer, who was 5-27 and obviously left him a loaded team lmao. EIGHTEEN years later and they’re still praying for the playoffs, in a league where you’re pretty much guaranteed a post season birth with a 500% record. Ten TEN multimillion dollar head coaches later and not a single trip to the postseason, two decades later. Ask Cleveland if they’d like another charlatan as their head coach.... I know I would like one here!

Last edited:
Sincere appreciation for your efforts (and others) to keep it civil...

I also appreciate the humor many bring to the table; after all, it is the "best medicine".

On that note, I can't help but note 7-11 cancelled this year's Free Slurpie Day due to the Virus. I ask you, how can we be slurpers until this is fully resolved?!!

As a LONG time member of this community, going back to the Grassy days, it's pretty evident what one of the biggest problems on this board is, and has been.

You've got CLEAR Hecht center employees/sympathizers/*** kissers/blind apologists/Don Bailey Jr clones who think it's ok to attack those of us long time fans that, you know, actually have given a **** about this program for more than 25 years. Those of us that actually have contributed money to the program. Those of us who have purchased season tickets year after year after year despite an administration that doesn't give a flying F about fielding a winning product. Those of us that go to the high school games of the kids we are recruiting. Those of us that plan our family vacations around road games every year.

Yeah....those of us that fall in that boat are fed up. Then you have these *** kissing retarded pieces of **** coming on this site acting like those of us that actually know what we're talking about, don't have a right to criticize the F out of our apathetic administration.

You want to know why this site has become a joke? Why it's constantly made fun of on other sites? Start by banning all those *** kissing Don Bailey Jr's who want to do the ostrich thing and stick their F'ing heads in the ground acting like there isn't a problem over in the good ol Hecht. 95% of that non-athletic department aren't qualified to do what they do for a living. They've run this **** program into the ground and some of us have been calling them out now for over 15 years.

I propose you start another board on this website and call it "Don Bailey Jr disciples" and let the *** kissers gravitate over there. Keep this board for those of us that actually CARE about the program, WANT TO SEE IT SUCCEED, and aren't scared to CRITICIZE the very people who have destroyed it.

All the politics crap that has also ruined the board will pass. What I mentioned above is the bigger problem. Those retards were here and infesting this site BEFORE all this Covid/political crap started. You want to hold a different opinion? That's perfectly fine, but stop acting like those of us that criticize, and rightfully so, don't do it from a place of love for this program.

Last edited:
Butch was never a gameday coach. But hes arguably one of the best talent evaluators ever. Not saying hes Bill Walsh, but he could find guys that were low on the radar and they turned out to be diamonds.
Arguably??...Lol...Name one CFB coach in the last 40yrs of CFB....That put more "Quality" (and 1st rounders) kids into the NFL...who ended up being Multiple All Pros...MVPs and HOFers....I'll wait.........

Advertisement
You say there is a cloud over this land. You speak as if you've ever seen war. You make the weather, then complain when it starts raining.

You've shattered the top to Pandora's Box and she is nowhere to be found, or ever will be, to render it whole again.

Last edited:
"Politics and religion don't make for polite conversation, even amongst polite people". A profoundly true quote that is on steroids in our society right now (and goes well beyond politics and religion). Once people separate themselves into us vs them it is very hard to put that back in the bottle. But this group here at CIS, literally, is all one "us". We are die hard Canes fans, that's the common root that brought every single one of us here.

I don't know how we get back to embracing that instead of highlighting our differences, but I agree we must.

Powerful post, Indy. I appreciate all you do.

Last edited:
Good to see you are addressing things. Each of us has guys we disagree with constantly or occasionally, but always respectfully. Those exchanges are fun and actually change opinions, which is rare these days.

Imo you have a thread de-railer who turns every exchange into a name calling fiasco that morphs into a threat of physical violence or a ****ing match about who has more money (he never does btw) who's wrecking more threads than anyone here.

RVA knows I am 100% anti ban unless it's the same guy coming back to troll under new names every day, but you got to keep that doofus in check or every exchange is going to be a 10 page mess of "Meet me in person and I'll kick your ***".

Advertisement
Good to see you are addressing things. Each of us has guys we disagree with constantly or occasionally, but always respectfully.

Imo you have a thread de-railer who turns every exchange into a name calling fiasco that morphs into a threat of physical violence or a ****ing match about who has more money (he never does btw) who's wrecking more threads than anyone here.

RVA knows I am 100% anti ban unless it's the same guy coming back to troll under new names every day, but you got to keep that doofus in check or every exchange is going to be a 10 page mess of "Meet me in person and I'll kick your ***".
Amateur video from Blue Lot. This was the undercard for Juan's main event.

miniGif_20200620081028.gif

If we have a football season, most of the other **** goes away. All posters and even most porsters are in this for the football, Canes and otherwise. Unfortunately, the reality right now, is the big football news is, "How many players tested positive where?" Followed by, "What do the numbers really mean?"
Hope to God we have a full season. Go Canes!

Advertisement
You say there is a cloud over this land. You speak as if you've ever seen war. You make the weather, then complain when it starts raining.

You've shattered the top to Pandora's Box and she is nowhere to be found, or ever will be, to render it whole again.

The kingdoms of Experience
In the precious wind they rot
While paupers change possessions
Each one wishing for what the other has got
And the princess and the prince
Discuss what’s real and what is not
It doesn’t matter inside the Gates of Eden

I appreciate this a lot. This site has changed immensely over the years. In order to do my very small part in getting it back on track, I pose the following questions:

1. Do you all think Derrick Griffin will qualify for the upcoming season?

2. Do you all think we have a shot at Trevonte Valentine coming after going JUCO? We all know how high he was on the Canes until the last second.

3. Should we call Richt Coach Richt or CMR?

4. Hey Pete, what do you think about our chances with [insert South Fla diva here]?

5. Is James King a take? Scratch that question we all knew he wasn't...

6. Did Danny Boy Cane really get attacked by a bear? Was it an inside job? and outside job? I blame it on Nevin Shapiro.

7. Is the U back [Evergreen question]?

Seriously though. Be a little less of a DB to each other. We spend most our days arguing about 18-23 year olds playing a children's game. That's already weird enough as it is. So lets just be weird together.
I'll also like to add, "Who is this Samson Doyo fella?"

Advertisement
The Town Hall forum took care of the political hacks on Grassy back in the day. The powers to be round here might want to consider coming up with something like that if they want to protect the integrity of this site. If you think it's bad now. Just wait until early November. If the president gets re elected. This place will turn into a dumpster fire.

Go Canes!!!

As a LONG time member of this community, going back to the Grassy days, it's pretty evident what one of the biggest problems on this board is, and has been.

You've got CLEAR Hecht center employees/sympathizers/*** kissers/blind apologists/Don Bailey Jr clones who think it's ok to attack those of us long time fans that, you know, actually have given a **** about this program for more than 25 years. Those of us that actually have contributed money to the program. Those of us who have purchased season tickets year after year after year despite an administration that doesn't give a flying F about fielding a winning product. Those of us that go to the high school games of the kids we are recruiting. Those of us that plan our family vacations around road games every year.

Yeah....those of us that fall in that boat are fed up. Then you have these *** kissing retarded pieces of **** coming on this site acting like those of us that actually know what we're talking about, don't have a right to criticize the F out of our apathetic administration.

You want to know why this site has become a joke? Why it's constantly made fun of on other sites? Start by banning all those *** kissing Don Bailey Jr's who want to do the ostrich thing and stick their F'ing heads in the ground acting like there isn't a problem over in the good ol Hecht. 95% of that non-athletic department aren't qualified to do what they do for a living. They've run this **** program into the ground and some of us have been calling them out now for over 15 years.

I propose you start another board on this website and call it "Don Bailey Jr disciples" and let the *** kissers gravitate over there. Keep this board for those of us that actually CARE about the program, WANT TO SEE IT SUCCEED, and aren't scared to CRITICIZE the very people who have destroyed it.

All the politics crap that has also ruined the board will pass. What I mentioned above is the bigger problem. Those retards were here and infesting this site BEFORE all this Covid/political crap started. You want to hold a different opinion? That's perfectly fine, but stop acting like those of us that criticize, and rightfully so, don't do from a place of love for this program.

You started multiple threads openly rooting for other teams to beat us, then incessantly bumped them yourself for days even though virtually no one posted on them.

You have no business criticizing anyone.

I’ve withstood a million Julio DeRosier jokes so the political mudfests don’t scare me. I love CiS. A lot of us keep coming here because of the funny posts and gags that might break out. The original Dan Sileo thread had me in tears

But this site still has a ton of quality football takes. For a free site, the amount of football I’ve learned from the recruiting board about under the radar propsects is impressive. Same goes for recent posts like the Lance’s Jarrid Williams announcement and the Rhett Lashlee running backs post have been Awesome. I’ve even learned about the Miami community much more from coming here.

I hope the serial thread-derailers can bite their tongues in the coming weeks, because porsters are dropping like flies

Advertisement
Back