A top notch QB has us "back"

Our D, O line and K are A+ with no signs of getting worse next year. Every other position is serviceable other than QB right now. Washington plucked Penix from Indiana. If he was on this team, we are probably 9-0, definitely no worse than 8-1 and the FSU line this weekend would be no more than -3. Sucks, but I see vast improvement from last year(not a high bar, i know, but it is a visible difference).

Here’s the thing for everyone assuming we are going to land a top notch transfer QB

- TVD regression
- Dawson lack of creativity and continues to run same stuff
- Miami couldn’t land a top WR transfer cause it was too risky for the incoming player

As things stand today, a lot of the same questions about the Miami offense remain, outside of OL, and any great QB or WR transfer is gonna think long and hard if they’re ready to sign up for what Mario and Dawson have to offer

Advertisement
Our D is not A+. We have a very good coordinator, but there are serious depth issues at every group, and top end issues at CB, LB, and DT.
fully believe in our freshman lb's wished they were given the chance to show us

Dawson at this point is not the issue, I'd like a little more creative running scheme. But, our running game is not an issue. It's Van Dyke being a turnover machine, dude has literally sucked the life out of our offense. We’ve had open receivers, Van Dyke can't see or throws into double coverage every single time on a pass over 10 yards. I don't see how you could dial up deep passes with a guy playing like this. I'd like Smith and Ray Ray to get action as well. But let's look at the actual elephant in the room its Van Dyke.

puzzle boomerang GIF
One of the most accurate depictions of the state of our leadership I've ever seen.

Advertisement
Here’s the thing for everyone assuming we are going to land a top notch transfer QB

- TVD regression
- Dawson lack of creativity and continues to run same stuff
- Miami couldn’t land a top WR transfer cause it was too risky for the incoming player

As things stand today, a lot of the same questions about the Miami offense remain, outside of OL, and any great QB or WR transfer is gonna think long and hard if they’re ready to sign up for what Mario and Dawson have to offer

I'm at a point where I am so angry at Mario that this is going to loom on us again this offseason. 2 seasons in and nobody will wanna play for Mario's offense

Dawson at this point is not the issue, I'd like a little more creative running scheme. But, our running game is not an issue. It's Van Dyke being a turnover machine, dude has literally sucked the life out of our offense. We’ve had open receivers, Van Dyke can't see or throws into double coverage every single time on a pass over 10 yards. I don't see how you could dial up deep passes with a guy playing like this. I'd like Smith and Ray Ray to get action as well. But let's look at the actual elephant in the room its Van Dyke.
Exactly.... I don't see how ppl are trying to blame play calling. On **** near 95% of tvd's ints, there has been wrs opened that he just completely didn't see or ignored.

In an ideal world. We would get a qb that can help Mario get his Gene Chizik on, ala Cam Newton. I was hoping Jaccurri could develop into that. A 6’5 chiseled beast with incredible speed who just dominates, or even a Lamar Jackson or Michael Vick type. I fear Mario will need those kinds of quarterbacks to get over the hump.

Oline - 9/10 fixed
Wr - 4/10. Play brashard and ray ray more
Te - 5/10 injury plagued and young. Cam hands are hardrock
Rb - 8/10 depth saved us this year more Chris Johnson -fixed
Qb - if we have a top ten qb 9/10

Dt - 6/10 need depth. Branson is a stud
Lb- 8/10 fixed
Safety- 8/10 need depth
Cb- 7/10 better than expected. Need playmakers

Overall with a stud qb- 8/10 and we’d be undefeated right now and have a 50/50 shot at fsu. To be honest though Dawsons plays have gone stale. Maybe because he knows tvd is damaged goods. I’d guess we’d 11-1 in the top and win a bowl game
Lulz at that CB rating

Advertisement
Oline - 9/10 fixed
Wr - 4/10. Play brashard and ray ray more
Te - 5/10 injury plagued and young. Cam hands are hardrock
Rb - 8/10 depth saved us this year more Chris Johnson -fixed
Qb - if we have a top ten qb 9/10

Dt - 6/10 need depth. Branson is a stud
Lb- 8/10 fixed
Safety- 8/10 need depth
Cb- 7/10 better than expected. Need playmakers

Overall with a stud qb- 8/10 and we’d be undefeated right now and have a 50/50 shot at fsu. To be honest though Dawsons plays have gone stale. Maybe because he knows tvd is damaged goods. I’d guess we’d 11-1 in the top and win a bowl game

At the moment,

OL 8…Interior line play is close to a 10. Future looks awesome.
WR 7…Agree B.Smith needs to play more
TE 4…If Arroyo somehow gets his health/step back but as of now is a shell of himself and this position went MIA
RB 6…Depth for sure…But Need Chris Johnson to be a star and give us true game breaker.
QB…4….Was an 8 about 4 weeks ago, our QB just disappeared

DT- 8 need to get 1 of JHH/LT to stay…Because unfortunately even with Burroughs this, as of the moment looks like a 5 next year
DE 6 right now…9 with everyone healthy…With the multiple fronts alot of times only 1 true DE on the field and of course he is a solid 9 or maybe even 10 as a **** 18 year old.
LB 7
CB 6
S 8… (but like DT, big questions ext year)

The future is bright except at DT/QB…And could be better at CB, but Damari Brown imo is going to be very good. Those are the 3 areas we need to hit right now. Recruiting/last year's recruits is very good at everywhere else, and excellent at OL/RB/WR/DE

Advertisement
Our D, O line and K are A+ with no signs of getting worse next year. Every other position is serviceable other than QB right now. Washington plucked Penix from Indiana. If he was on this team, we are probably 9-0, definitely no worse than 8-1 and the FSU line this weekend would be no more than -3. Sucks, but I see vast improvement from last year(not a high bar, i know, but it is a visible difference).
If you had ****…

Many here won’t agree with you because they are INT/TVD slurpers, and rather blame anyone else but him because it proves they were wrong with their analysis. Slurp slurp….

Advertisement
@JimmyJohnsonsHair is right though...Our Offensive playcalling besides TVDs problems is nothing to write home about.

My question is though... are those things separate?

Dawson could be dumbing things down BECAUSE TVD sucks at reading coverages. I don't know what's in Dawson's head but putting myself in his shoes, if I had a QB who was throwing 4 picks per game, I sure as **** wouldn't "open up the passing attack", spread the field, or anything else even remotely like that. I would run the ball as much as possible and dumb down the QB's reads as much as possible, and I would do a lot of praying.

I wouldn't do anything that put the offense in the QB's hands and I would do everything to take it out of his hands. And that's going to make anyone's playcalling look vanilla and borning, but it is what it is.

Something tells me that if we had Clayton Tune back there instead of TVD, Dawson's playcalling would look a lot different.

We're 9 games into a season that just had a massive purge and a ton of younger players added. We're 6-3 but you would think we're 0-9 by some of the posts here.... Yea we got issues but it's not like the rest of the College football world doesn't have issues....
Excuse me for not looking at things as miserably as a bunch on here do but I see some good things happening that just need to be built upon and to the dismay of the impatient populace, it takes a bit of time to do that...
But I know the next line.... "How much time?? it's been 20 years!!!"...Wahhhh!!!!

Advertisement
Back