A top notch QB has us "back"

Something is clearly going on with the play calling IMO. Whether it's TVD, Mario micromanaging or Dawson blowing his load early in the year... we're not seeing the same plays and concepts.

Or maybe I'm trippin'.

Coach Macho

@Cribby
@DMoney

Can anyone shed light on how much control Mario has on the offensive gameplanning and Gameday playcalling?

The whispers out of the Oregon camp of Mario meddling with his OC seems to have some truth behind it, especially since GaTech

Advertisement
Coach Macho

@Cribby
@DMoney

Can anyone shed light on how much control Mario has on the offensive gameplanning and Gameday playcalling?

The whispers out of the Oregon camp of Mario meddling with his OC seems to have some truth behind it, especially since GaTech
If you listen to Dawson's press conference, he's lost a lot of trust in TVD since that GT game. I actually don't feel like the GT and UNC game plan and calling were that different than the first 4 games. But TVD made so many bad throws and decisions that Dawson and Mario both lost trust in him and adjusted accordingly.

Something is clearly going on with the play calling IMO. Whether it's TVD, Mario micromanaging or Dawson blowing his load early in the year... we're not seeing the same plays and concepts.

Or maybe I'm trippin'.
I’ve been saying the same thing for 3-4 weeks. You aren’t tripping , something is off. We’ve been slowly transforming back to last years formations. Tight , more inside the hashes sets with a lot of two te’s even though 84 is not a te. I talk to somebody that’s in the press box and he says wr’s are rarely open. TVD gets all the blame ( he deserves a lot ) but this is bigger.

I’ve been saying the same thing for 3-4 weeks. You aren’t tripping , something is off. We’ve been slowly transforming back to last years formations. Tight , more inside the hashes sets with a lot of two te’s even though 84 is not a te. I talk to somebody that’s in the press box and he says wr’s are rarely open. TVD gets all the blame ( he deserves a lot ) but this is bigger.
It really started with Clemson with Emory which is understandable.. And then UVA and NCst with TVD 100% are different than what we saw earlier in the year.

Coach Macho

@Cribby
@DMoney

If you watched Houston this looks different. Dawson is 100 percent melding what Mario wants as a scheme.

Advertisement
If you watched Houston this looks different. Dawson is 100 percent melding what Mario wants as a scheme.
I'm really trying to hold off on any judgment of MC until the end of season 3 but this is kind of scary. What the **** could Mario have seen in the first few games of the season to neuter Dawson in any way?

It’s a travesty that a school that used to be known as “QB U” is at 20+ years without having an elite QB. Yea, we’ve made some bad coaching hires, had an Administration who wasn’t fully invested, etc., etc. That being said, don’t you think there’s at least some correlation between our team’s yearly struggles and the lack of having a truly great QB? I think there is. The frustrating part is, with our continued acceptance to take “3 Star projects” at the position every class do we really see it changing? I trust this coaching staff’s evaluation of a 3 star O-Lineman. I absolutely do not trust their evaluation of QB’s. It happened again this year with the loss of Air Noland and addition of Judd. This level of QB recruiting simply ain’t going to cut it.

Any insight on why?

Mario wants to win and recruit more than anything. Why would he greenlight an offense for 4 weeks and then change in the bye week?

Did something happen that caused a change? Injury to TVD affecting his velocity? Something else?

Advertisement
It’s a travesty that a school that used to be known as “QB U” is at 20+ years without having an elite QB. Yea, we’ve made some bad coaching hires, had an Administration who wasn’t fully invested, etc., etc. That being said, don’t you think there’s at least some correlation between our team’s yearly struggles and the lack of having a truly great QB? I think there is. The frustrating part is, with our continued acceptance to take “3 Star projects” at the position every class do we really see it changing? I trust this coaching staff’s evaluation of a 3 star O-Lineman. I absolutely do not trust their evaluation of QB’s. It happened again this year with the loss of Air Noland and addition of Judd. This level of QB recruiting simply ain’t going to cut it.
Kaaya would have us in the top ten with this Oline

That was my suspicion and what has me feeling so pessimistic about Mario.

Saban saw the light and realized you need a modern day, high scoring offense to compete for a championship

I don’t have a lot of faith Mario subscribed to that notion, and we’ve all gotta come to grips with Mario and his OC hires holding back what Miami football can do

He’s dumb AF for not realizing that youve gotta have a good system and onfield production to win recruiting battles

For as goofy and cringe that Norvell is, he’s gonna continue to beat Mario for QBs and skill guys for these very reasons

Advertisement

The redzone creativity is back to Gattis levels

:confused:The redzone creativity is back to Gattis levels
The crazy thing is, Mario loves to run the ball and highlight his OL but doesn’t realize using a spread formation and running the ball does just that. Bringing 22 in the box is a disservice to your OL and run game

Advertisement
Oline - 9/10 fixed
Wr - 4/10. Play brashard and ray ray more
Te - 5/10 injury plagued and young. Cam hands are hardrock
Rb - 8/10 depth saved us this year more Chris Johnson -fixed
Qb - if we have a top ten qb 9/10

Dt - 6/10 need depth. Branson is a stud
Lb- 8/10 fixed
Safety- 8/10 need depth
Cb- 7/10 better than expected. Need playmakers

Overall with a stud qb- 8/10 and we’d be undefeated right now and have a 50/50 shot at fsu. To be honest though Dawsons plays have gone stale. Maybe because he knows tvd is damaged goods. I’d guess we’d 11-1 in the top and win a bowl game
Lol at giving the WR group a 4 but the TE group a 5. I think right now the TE group has more drops than actual receptions and have done absolutely nothing in the passing game. They get a 1/10 and that's being generous.

Y’all saying our defense is fixed because the offenses we’ve played recently NC State, UVA, and Clemson lol.

…Remember UNC? Yeah, FSU is going to look closer to that than what the last 3 weeks showed. Louisville too.
Especially without Porter

Defense is playing above its pay grade I think but it’s still lacking in a lot of areas

Yeah remember when we had creative play calls in the Red Zone that led to TDs?

IDGAF about the competition. Competition might make play results change but we flat out are not even calling the same types of plays

It’s absolutely a mirror image of Gattis last year

But even Gattis wasn’t dumb enough to put Restrepo as an end line blocker

Idk what QB could save you when you have an extra RT playing TE & you have a 5’9” 175lb WR playing in-line on an edge defender… could give us Peyton Manning, if we ran the offense we ran last week chances are we don’t score 25PPG in a season.

Advertisement
Back