A step forward

This team isn't very good. Its flawed at every position in some way.

But...its a fun team.

This was an important game and the games ahead are important...not just for this year...but moving forward to 2021, 2022, etc. This program hasn't won in so long, you need to re-learn how to win, re-learn how to be a consistent football team, re-learn how to navigate the ebb and flow of a season, re-learn how to overcome struggle. That goes for the players and the coaching staff.

Many Miami teams over the past 15 years would have lost in embarrassing fashion to this Pitt team. But this one didn't. I think D'Eriq King, being the leader he is, and has become, had a lot to do with that. He makes mistakes. He's not a great quarterback. But he's a leader, and he can make plays.

I'd really like to see him back next year for Round 2. Ice cubes chance in ****, but man, it'd be nice.

Advertisement
King is who he is, coming back wont change that.. His best bet at NFL is slot.. No film next year is gonna change that outlook
Did you see him play in Houston? He was better at houston. We just need better WR's

This team is like doing the cha cha...two steps forward , one back...two steps forward ,one back...I guess as long as we are taking more steps forward than we are back at some point we might complete The Whole dance and be able to compete with the Clemson’s and Bama’s of the CFB world.

Last edited:
King is who he is, coming back wont change that.. His best bet at NFL is slot.. No film next year is gonna change that outlook
No but building this program and maturity will go a long way if he comes back. I’m sick and tired of the NFL chest beating around here. Nobody ******* cares. Only Miami fans really care after they realized the program went to dog**** they cheered more on Monday after the players who used to show out on Saturdays played well. It’s gotten old. Let’s win as Miami Hurricanes.

Advertisement
No but building this program and maturity will go a long way if he comes back. I’m sick and tired of the NFL chest beating around here. Nobody ******* cares. Only Miami fans really care after they realized the program went to dog**** they cheered more on Monday after the players who used to show out on Saturdays played well. It’s gotten old. Let’s win as Miami Hurricanes.

exactly it may be his last chance to be a qb in his life
That may entice him to stay

I don’t know, NC State put up 30 and BC put up 31 too. We always seem to give coaches passes. At some point we need to play hard and coach better all 60 minutes.
Well the BC game was extended (overtime) so I'm not counting that.
And NC State scored their last TD with 23 seconds left during a last minute drive. They didn't exactly seal a double-digit win like we did.

I was at the game and it definitely felt frustrating at times, but it's really hard to score 31 on Pitt's defense. I'm trying to hold things in perspective.

Thank you!

And for this program, keep a loss isolated to one week and moving on to a W is progress.

How many 4 game slides have we had?

Advertisement
We can’t get open and that’s a problem. Our LT is a turn still and that’s a problem but we find a way to put points on the board and at the end of the day that’s what matters. Still, this should be what the depth chart should be though.

QB- King
RB- Chaney/Knighton
WR- Smith
WR- Redding
SLOT- Pope
TE- Brev
LT- Zion
LG- Clark
C- Gaynor
RG- Scaife
RT- Jarrid

DE- Jaelen
DE- Roche
DT- Silvera/
DT- JHH
OLB- Brooks
MLB- Flagg
Striker- Gil
CB- Blades JR
CB- Te’Cory
SS- Hall
FS- Bolden

Cam is too slow and needs a secondary role. We needs to get open on the outside. Zion is our best lineman and that’s our best combination of DTs and LBs. We would play so much better if they played instead of some seniority BS.
Cam is too slow? He has outran many a defender in his career here. **** he clocked over 23 MPH for his run against Louisville... He is a bit indecisive on some of his runs. I personally would like to see all 3 backs keep splitting the carries about evenly with Chaney getting the majority of the short yardage stuff as he picks a hole quickly and hits it hard.

A Transfer needs to come. Hopefully it’s someone like Tommy Devito from Cuse or Bo Nix if he’s benched. They both would be a better fit than King.
legitimately dying at this post claiming our savior is the injured quarterback of 1-4 syracuse. you should ban yourself from posting for a week.

Advertisement
Why do yall keep bringing up BO NIX. He isnt that good, AND DUDE IS AN AUBURN LEGACY/FAN. Geesh he isnt going anywhere and is/was handed that starting job since he was in high school.

Tommy Devito isnt good either. We need a transfer if King doesnt come back but those guys wouldnt be on the list for me.
The LAASTTTT QB we need is Bo Nix! Have they not watched him play?!

I’ll take the W.

King was almost as limited in the game as our WRs. Neither helped the other. So our QB had a bad day and yet we still won, led the whole game, and the outcome was rarely in doubt. Meanwhile FSU beat UNC.

Keep working in the young WRs and LBs. Keep developing Couch and the young guys at OL and DL. We’ll get better every week. And King will have a lot of good games, too.

legitimately dying at this post claiming our savior is the injured quarterback of 1-4 syracuse. you should ban yourself from posting for a week.
Why would it matter what his record was? Shane Buechele operated Lashlee’s O with 3x the skill D’Eriq does and he was a 6-6 QB in a spread at Texas. King isn’t going to be here next year and those are viable options that fit what Lashlee wants better than D’Eriq does.

Not my fault you and others too retarded to deal with reality.

Advertisement
CIS isn't grey...its half the folks in here seeing it their way and the other half seeing it the opposite way...is what it is.
My only real problem with this take is that it assumes "we won't see any defenses like x and y again this season".....that's a flawed take IMO.
Won't take a top 25 D to beat this team...or for us to lose.....just sayin..

As of right at this exact moment it’s an accurate take and not flawed at all.!

College football is fluid yesterday UNC were title contenders in control of their own destiny today they are not.

But today D Money is spot on.

Coming into this season most ppl said in order
Clemson, Pitt, FSU and UAB would be the best defenses we faced.

Outside of Clemson we’ve roasted the other 3. And put up more point vs a bad Louisville defense on the road than ND did at home.

I get that we didn’t dominate Pitt on every snap and no one is saying we won’t improve or to stop trying to get better.

But it’s still a great win and for right now our outlook is very good.

Just gunna Keep on saying anyone who thinks King should be replaced or that we shouldn't do whatever possible to get King to return, is a complete ******* moron and a person who's opinion is worthless. Seriously the amount of people saying that in the gameday thread was shocking.

The knee jerk we should be up 50 ppl

But the crazy thing is, is that those same ppl say “we suck and the coaches suck”

So how can be both suck and should be up by 50 on one of the top defenses in the country I have no idea.

In the last four games against non-Clemson opponents, Miami has scored:

31 points
47 points
52 points
31 points

Last year, Miami would've been 12-1 if they scored 31 points in every game. That's all you need to consistently beat ACC mediocrities with this defense. So far, we've gotten what we asked for.

Clemson showed us the next level. We've got a ways to go. But this was a good win for two reasons.

First, everyone expected a letdown noon stinker coming off a loss. The team came to compete, which is refreshing. Second, Pitt presents a tough style matchup: two NFL DEs, the #1 sack defense in the nation, and an aggressive scheme that takes away your run game and challenges your WRs. Every defense left on the schedule will be an easier touch.

There's a lot of work to do: the offense is dependent on explosive plays, our WRs scare nobody and our OL is still developing. King may need to come back after putting up bad tape against his two best opponents. But you don't go from Louisiana Tech to Clemson in one step. This is progress.

Also least amount of points Pitt has scored this year

Advertisement
Back