A step forward

Even the year we lost to them, Pickett was 18-29, 193 YDS, 1 TD. This idea of him being this great QB who carves us up is just wrong.
Pickett was having a great year this year and led the country in passing yards. He would have annihilated us yesterday. We got really lucky he didn't play because Old Yellen put 300 on us and missed a bunch of wide open receivers, and posed zero threat running the ball unlike Pickett. Injuries are part of football though, but we need to thank the lucky stars Pickett didn't play yesterday.

Advertisement
Pickett was having a great year this year and led the country in passing yards. He would have annihilated us yesterday. We got really lucky he didn't play because Old Yellen put 300 on us and missed a bunch of wide open receivers, and posed zero threat running the ball unlike Pickett. Injuries are part of football though, but we need to thank the lucky stars Pickett didn't play yesterday.
Eh, we’re just going to have to disagree on that one. He’s been over 300 yards once this year and it took him 40 attempts to even get there. He probably scrambles and makes more plays with his feet because Yellen was a statute back there. His numbers are better this year because Addison emerged quickly and Whipple has him throwing the ball around a lot more, I’m not sure that game is massively different with him in there. Our offense stunk but our defense didn’t give up much. Yellen was 22/46 and we completely shut down their run game.

Eh, we’re just going to have to disagree on that one. He’s been over 300 yards once this year and it took him 40 attempts to even get there. He probably scrambles and makes more plays with his feet because Yellen was a statute back there. His numbers are better this year because Addison emerged quickly and Whipple has him throwing the ball around a lot more, I’m not sure that game is massively different with him in there. Our offense stunk but our defense didn’t give up much. Yellen was 22/46 and we completely shut down their run game.
Yeah, we'll disagree huge on the massiveness of Pickett not playing. He's WAY better than Yellen with a ton of experience. He was the 2nd best QB in the ACC this year, and I'm not sure what the 300 yards once stat means when he was leading the country in passing yards.

Yeah, we'll disagree huge on the massiveness of Pickett not playing. He's WAY better than Yellen with a ton of experience. He was the 2nd best QB in the ACC this year, and I'm not sure what the 300 yards once stat means when he was leading the country in passing yards.
His stats were slightly inflated because he’d been throwing the ball close upwards of 35 times per game. His y/pa doesn’t match up with the total yards in terms of impressive. Clearly he’s a big upgrade over Yellen but I don’t think that he swings that game in a massive way. The line was already set at -10 before Vegas got word that he wasn’t playing. Total pass yardage is really his only great stat. If we’re calling him the second best QB in the ACC then that says more about the league this year than Kenny.

Advertisement
Just gunna Keep on saying anyone who thinks King should be replaced or that we shouldn't do whatever possible to get King to return, is a complete ******* moron and a person who's opinion is worthless. Seriously the amount of people saying that in the gameday thread was shocking.
I like King and think he's a great kid and leader but some of y'all rode his jock so hard this off season that it's hard for y'all to get off and critique him. He's played horrible the last 2 games, his 2 worst games ever back to back, he even said it out of his own mouth and y'all still refuse to believe it. Yall blame everybody but him lmao. Does that mean he won't improve and play better? No, but the truth is the truth. I'm pulling for him and still have faith in him tho

Very scary that TVD is still behind N'Kosi Perry on the depth chart. We should always be looking to upgrade via the portal. We can't afford to be complacent in our search for a championship QB, and it's disturbing that we still don't have one for the current class.
You should know by now that our depth chart isn't a reliable source for which players are better, c'mon now lol. With these coaches, I wouldn't be surprised if TVD is the best QB we have currently lol

Advertisement
The best part about the schedule left is that no one has a DL on par with Clemson's or Pitt's. That will relieve some pressure on our sieve of an OL. It will also help King.

The second best part of the schedule is that NCSU lost a very playmaking QB to injury. UVag will also be limited if Armstrong can't go. If Armstrong plays, we are for sure in for a dawg fight next week.

Some folks expected a jump from tier 4 to tier 1. What we're seeing is a pretty significant step forward, IMO. Whatever his flaws, we have to convince King to come back next year and maintain momentum. He probably has a ceiling as a top tier 2 QB, playing in an ACCCG but not good enough vs the Bagas and Clemsons of the world, but that's a lot better than we've had in a long, long time. By then, hopefully the recruiting has paid off enough that we're ready for that extra jump from tier 2 to tier 1 in 2022.

YOU HAVE TO HAVE A DUDE AT QB. We need to figure out what the future is there, very quickly, or you risk another step back when King's gone.
This

Ima stay out of all D’eriq king talks. All ima say is try to keep things in perspective from a team building standpoint. Not the fan standpoint and you won’t be surprised at what’s going to happen

Advertisement
I like King and think he's a great kid and leader but some of y'all rode his jock so hard this off season that it's hard for y'all to get off and critique him. He's played horrible the last 2 games, his 2 worst games ever back to back, he even said it out of his own mouth and y'all still refuse to believe it. Yall blame everybody but him lmao. Does that mean he won't improve and play better? No, but the truth is the truth. I'm pulling for him and still have faith in him tho
There's a difference between criticizing poor play and being a complete ******* idiot. Also our WRs are literal garbage which doesn't help him. Without any deep threat the offense suffers a lot. And given none of our WRs are capable of making a play, it forces King to have to try to do it all. Thats not good for any QB.

No matter how he played this game or against Clemson, he simply is the best Qb we've had here for a long time. And keeping him is just obviously something that is in our best interest if he were interested in that. I doubt he'd come back simply due to his age tbh. He may switch positions in the NFL cause I don't think he's an NFL QB, but I absolutely think he can be a pretty great College QB. And that's what matters for our success.

It was a good win. I'm happy about it. Miami just plays sloppy and that's a coaching issue. They need to get in these players pass. Manny needs to quit with that nice guy bs

Advertisement
QB is only as good as the supporting staff around him and the OC. King’s numbers are not what we thought but blame an average run blocking OL, below average WR, and our best TE is injured. There has been an incremental improvement in the offense with Lashlee but even a good play caller and scheme can’t overcome how bad our WR play Has been.

It will be interesting to see how teams will try and stop our Fake QB dive pass thing we do.
It will also be interesting to see what we can do to make it work again with variants and deception.
Maybe double pumping will cause even more confusion for opposing LBs or doing a screen of some sort on an opposite side of the field.

Advertisement
Back