A step forward

Advertisement
Last years stats against Pitt. And anyone clamoring about we better be glad Pickett didn’t play, check his stats from last year.

Attachments

• 412C5088-0485-4236-807D-E7FD2C7A3BB2.png
    412C5088-0485-4236-807D-E7FD2C7A3BB2.png
    380.7 KB · Views: 52
Definitely a step forward. Look at our outcomes last year versus this year:

UAB (didn't play them last year, but played four non-P5 teams and lost two them). Not counting Bethune:
2019 (Central Michigan, FIU, and LA Tech combined): 41-56
2020: 31-14

FSU
2019: 27-10
2020: 52-10

Louisville
2019: 52-27
2020: 47-37
*Note about Louisville. This was a big outlier game from last year: It was our best performance of all of 2019. This was not our best performance this year (see FSU) and will likely not even be our second best performance once the year is over. Moreover, with our tempo and explosiveness this year, I would assume Louisville had way more possessions this year than last year.

Pitt
2019: 16-12
2020: 31-19 (and we could've scored at the end)

Virginia
2019: 17-9
2020: ?

The difference between this year and last year is I expect to beat Virginia by more than 8 points and score more than 17 points. That's progress. We're not elite, but hopefully each week confirms we're getting better.

Advertisement
Last years stats against Pitt. And anyone clamoring about we better be glad Pickett didn’t play, check his stats from last year.
Even the year we lost to them, Pickett was 18-29, 193 YDS, 1 TD. This idea of him being this great QB who carves us up is just wrong.

Some folks expected a jump from tier 4 to tier 1. What we're seeing is a pretty significant step forward, IMO. Whatever his flaws, we have to convince King to come back next year and maintain momentum. He probably has a ceiling as a top tier 2 QB, playing in an ACCCG but not good enough vs the Bagas and Clemsons of the world, but that's a lot better than we've had in a long, long time. By then, hopefully the recruiting has paid off enough that we're ready for that extra jump from tier 2 to tier 1 in 2022.

YOU HAVE TO HAVE A DUDE AT QB. We need to figure out what the future is there, very quickly, or you risk another step back when King's gone.

Definitely a step forward. Look at our outcomes last year versus this year:

UAB (didn't play them last year, but played four non-P5 teams and lost two them). Not counting Bethune:
2019 (Central Michigan, FIU, and LA Tech combined): 41-56
2020: 31-14

FSU
2019: 27-10
2020: 52-10

Louisville
2019: 52-27
2020: 47-37
*Note about Louisville. This was a big outlier game from last year: It was our best performance of all of 2019. This was not our best performance this year (see FSU) and will likely not even be our second best performance once the year is over. Moreover, with our tempo and explosiveness this year, I would assume Louisville had way more possessions this year than last year.

Pitt
2019: 16-12
2020: 31-19 (and we could've scored at the end)

Virginia
2019: 17-9
2020: ?

The difference between this year and last year is I expect to beat Virginia by more than 8 points and score more than 17 points. That's progress. We're not elite, but hopefully each week confirms we're getting better.
Good look. Thanks for the insight...

Advertisement
King is who he is, coming back wont change that.. His best bet at NFL is slot.. No film next year is gonna change that outlook
Very scary that TVD is still behind N'Kosi Perry on the depth chart. We should always be looking to upgrade via the portal. We can't afford to be complacent in our search for a championship QB, and it's disturbing that we still don't have one for the current class.

We can’t get open and that’s a problem. Our LT is a turn still and that’s a problem but we find a way to put points on the board and at the end of the day that’s what matters. Still, this should be what the depth chart should be though.

QB- King
RB- Chaney/Knighton
WR- Smith
WR- Redding
SLOT- Pope
TE- Brev
LT- Zion
LG- Clark
C- Gaynor
RG- Scaife
RT- Jarrid

DE- Jaelen
DE- Roche
DT- Silvera/
DT- JHH
OLB- Brooks
MLB- Flagg
Striker- Gil
CB- Blades JR
CB- Te’Cory
SS- Hall
FS- Bolden

Cam is too slow and needs a secondary role. We needs to get open on the outside. Zion is our best lineman and that’s our best combination of DTs and LBs. We would play so much better if they played instead of some seniority BS.
The fact that you called Cam slow after he was clocked at 22MPH in 6.5 seconds this year, pretty much tells me all I need to know about the new wave on these boards..

Advertisement
31-19 Canes
Y'all still crying? This place is losing all validity as a respectful Canes site.
Bro these idiots were complaining when we had 330 rushing yards against UAB, they were complaining when we beat down FSU. I am convinced that 25% of the people on this forum are not Cane fans. They are just trolls from other fan bases that come on here to bash our team even when we win.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bro these idiots were complaining when we had 330 rushing yards against UAB, they were complaining when we beat down FSU. I am convinced that 25% of the people on this forum are not Cane fans. They are just troll from other fan bases that come on here to bash our team even when we win.
I agree with everything but the 25% troll part. The number has to be higher. None the less you're take is completely correct...

Why do yall keep bringing up BO NIX. He isnt that good, AND DUDE IS AN AUBURN LEGACY/FAN. Geesh he isnt going anywhere and is/was handed that starting job since he was in high school.

Tommy Devito isnt good either. We need a transfer if King doesnt come back but those guys wouldnt be on the list for me.
DeVito and Nix both suck.

Advertisement
Back