A SoCal HS coach flat out admits the SEC and OSU pays kids... (now, with school names included)...

How many top Dade kids get poached by STA and AH?

Some for sure. But there is a major disparity between Broward and Dade when it comes to the % of top players vs. overall HS population. Broward is #1. Dade is actually #14 per capita by FL county.

Having top private schools with resources sure helps too. As does being sandwiched between Dade and PBC, two other populous counties.

Advertisement
No Justin Flowe still hurts. We needed him bad. **** still need him. We really played 2020 with Jennings and McCloud. Like HTF did we nit fall into something at LB.

McCloud was a big kid that could run a high 4.4, low 4.5 coming outta HS, and He had pretty good tape, so He was a take.

Jennings was Richt doing a favor for a former FSU alum, ditto with Weldon.

Garcia was a good grab from Cali
A lot of luck and chips falling the right way. Had not been for the pandemic, he never would've been here. He flew all the way across the country just so he could play his senior year here in Georgia. I guess the USC coaches were taking insurance plans by taking on another qb after they promised they wouldn't which made it 3. So he bounced....

A lot of luck and chips falling the right way. Had not been for the pandemic, he never would've been here. He flew all the way across the country just so he could play his senior year here in Georgia. I guess the USC coaches were taking insurance plans by taking on another qb after they promised they wouldn't which made it 3. So he bounced....

That speculative. We thought we were leading BEFORE Covid-19. We were always at least #2.

McCloud was a big kid that could run a high 4.4, low 4.5 coming outta HS, and He had pretty good tape, so He was a take.

Jennings was Richt doing a favor for a former FSU alum, ditto with Weldon.
Jennings wasnt richt doing no favors. He was going to fsu if not here so it isnt like he didnt have anywhere to go. Diaz just had another bad take is all

Advertisement
You win some you lose some, when has recruiting ever been an exact science for anybody...crapshoot at best. Heck I don't remember most of those OOS names doing much of anything at UM.
And it is amazing JJ did and how quickly recruiting improved.

Last edited:
Ok but the wr in 2020 class we got out of San Diego is also really good

California has skill position talent(Najee Harris, Henry To'oto'oo) alone are from the bay area. Issue is the old Pac-12 commish was horrible. Combine that with people on the west coast/Cali don't care about football lol. It's a different speed compared to the south. USC has kept offensive version of Al Golden forever. S*** look how fast Herm and Mario built programs just by pressing USC for SoCal kids. Some reason before they came I think Pac-12 coaches were scared of SC for whatever reason

Advertisement
California has skill position talent(Najee Harris, Henry To'oto'oo) alone are from the bay area. Issue is the old Pac-12 commish was horrible. Combine that with people on the west coast/Cali don't care about football lol. It's a different speed compared to the south. USC has kept offensive version of Al Golden forever. S*** look how fast Herm and Mario built programs just by pressing USC for SoCal kids. Some reason before they came I think Pac-12 coaches were scared of SC for whatever reason
I’ll speculate the California will feature the first colleges to drop football, and will be one of the first states to ban it at a high school level.

Well if Urban teaches the fundamentals so well, why did Tebow have such horrible passing mechanics after 4 years in a P5 program?...and why did the Broncos have to go to a Pop Warner offense after Tebow took over?

Why did Meyer throw His cellphone after Ramon Buchanan flipped to The U?

Why did Meyer look $h!t faced after an O-Lineman from STA reinforced His commitment to The U?

Why did a Miami defense full of freshmen give His Florida offense all they could handle in 08'?

Why did His ACs blow $600 at a strip club in Miami on a recruiting visit?

TBH, Meyer's comment about South Florida coaches has a lot of racist undertones.
C'mon now cut the guy some slack on the 600 bucks at the strip club

Long beach poly has put more players in the league then any other hs

Read an interview with Urban Meyer about recruiting when he was at Ohio State. Interesting that he mentioned that he didn't really focus on recruiting South Florida because he thought the players were too poorly coached in high school, making it hard to project how they would fare in college and also it would take them too long to learn the fundamentals. Maybe the coaching has gone downhill in Cali as well.

Also could be the case that fewer and fewer top athletes in Cali are choosing to play football and the good high school coaches have left the major cities because the rent is too **** high.

South Florida kids dont routinely flock to Ohio to live.

That being said Urban Meyer was lying again as usual. lol

South Florida kids he signed:

*Looks like a whole bunch of NFL players and multiple year starters at OSU.

Advertisement
Yeah he definitely dipped into S Fl every once in a while but I don't think stacked his roster with S Fl players like Bama and UGA did (and still do).
He didnt because he couldnt beat out Bama, or any of the Big 3 for those kids.

Ohio State is one of the schools that were offering s.fla kids heavy when he was the coach. He definately focused a bit and would of been a foll if he didnt focus on the best high school football players in the country.

Ok but the wr in 2020 class we got out of San Diego is also really good
Oh I don't disagree with you on that. I think he really fell through the cracks. Very underrated. Garcia was an elite 11 qb. That's all I'm saying about him.

Advertisement

Please say it for the ppl in the back

I will glady take one of his three national titles.

At FU, he had to recruit South Florida.

As for Tebow, Dorsey was a ****ting pro, too. Both were terrific college players within their systems.

Bama carpetbags defensive backs and receivers. Add in running backs for Georgia and other big time programs. They covet South Florida skilled kids.

As for coaching, obviously there are some great ones. But there has been high school free agency for decades. The great programs just decimate every other high school in South Florida. Think about schools with a dozen or two legitimate Division 1 athletes. Competent coaching in many cases is good enough.
Tebow and Dorsey were surrounded by savage talent. Same thing bama does they don't really need a qb they just out talent u. The pros is where everything is balanced and you get to see who the real studs are.

Advertisement
Back