A SoCal HS coach flat out admits the SEC and OSU pays kids... (now, with school names included)...

Cryptical Envelopment

What a long strange trip it's been
Banned
On why the top Cali kids don't sign with Pac-12 schools:

Coach 7: The biggest thing is they want to play for a national title. I don’t think the talent at the national level is as spread out as it used to be. I think the youth sports side of it has already done the high school’s job for them … all the private schools are fighting like crazy to get these players. They’ve already done the tryouts and they’re flying across the country playing the best teams from Georgia and Florida. I think they want that same thing in college. Unfortunately, they feel like the Pac-12 isn’t getting it done like Ohio State, Clemson, Alabama, LSU and Georgia. The fact of the matter, they’re getting better deals. Except for maybe one program in the Pac-12, they aren’t cheating as much. Are they gonna jump in the dirty water to compete or not?

eye pool GIF by audreyobscura

Advertisement
Except Arizona State is playing dirty the last 2 years....and mid 2000s Oregon was bag dropping across texas and elsewhere.

USC also got caught with Reggie Bush and others obviously.

The talent level on the west coast is just falling honestly...

It aint like a ton of cali kids are headed to southern schools really.

Advertisement
Except Arizona State is playing dirty the last 2 years....and mid 2000s Oregon was bag dropping across texas and elsewhere.

USC also got caught with Reggie Bush and others obviously.

The talent level on the west coast is just falling honestly...

It aint like a ton of cali kids are headed to southern schools really.
I forgot who wrote it but there was a article a couple years ago that there was like 1 maybe 2 DL over 300 pounds in the state of California. Just little to no big guys out there.

Heard this from Brennan Carroll years ago when he was recruiting coordinator here. Said that the bag game was night and day different comparing SoCal to sofla and southeast in general.

but still, surprised that Cali kids aren’t splashing more nationally. Frankly, im surprised UCLA and USC have sucked for so long.

Heard this from Brennan Carroll years ago when he was recruiting coordinator here. Said that the bag game was night and day different comparing SoCal to sofla and southeast in general.

but still, surprised that Cali kids aren’t splashing more nationally. Frankly, im surprised UCLA and USC have sucked for so long.
The nil should help both la schools

On why the top Cali kids don't sign with Pac-12 schools:

Coach 7: The biggest thing is they want to play for a national title. I don’t think the talent at the national level is as spread out as it used to be. I think the youth sports side of it has already done the high school’s job for them … all the private schools are fighting like crazy to get these players. They’ve already done the tryouts and they’re flying across the country playing the best teams from Georgia and Florida. I think they want that same thing in college. Unfortunately, they feel like the Pac-12 isn’t getting it done like Ohio State, Clemson, Alabama, LSU and Georgia. The fact of the matter, they’re getting better deals. Except for maybe one program in the Pac-12, they aren’t cheating as much. Are they gonna jump in the dirty water to compete or not?

eye pool GIF by audreyobscura

Oregon not called out by name, coach? C'mon, don't stop now, lol.

Advertisement

Read an interview with Urban Meyer about recruiting when he was at Ohio State. Interesting that he mentioned that he didn't really focus on recruiting South Florida because he thought the players were too poorly coached in high school, making it hard to project how they would fare in college and also it would take them too long to learn the fundamentals. Maybe the coaching has gone downhill in Cali as well.

Also could be the case that fewer and fewer top athletes in Cali are choosing to play football and the good high school coaches have left the major cities because the rent is too **** high.

Yeah I mean this is a really good point. Other than the odd guy here or there, not even a moderate amount of Cali kids coming over here to the east or southern schools.

I think there is still a bit of a hangover from 2020 when 8 of the 9 top players in CA (89%) left the state, including two to UGA, the #1 player in CA (and the US to some) to Bama, the #3 player in CA to Clemson, and #4 to OSU. That's 56% of the top 9 "going east or south." Especially since two of those guys were potentially program elevating QB's.

I mean, 5x as many kids went to the east and south as stayed in state at USC, UCLA, CAL, Stanford, etc. COMBINED. Doesn't even include Oregon, Utah and Washington each picking one off too. The CA schools were pretty shook from that.

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 10.52.17 PM.png

Outside of the highly ranked kids that go to SEC/Big 10 schools, the vast majority of Cali kids stay local and play in the PAC-12/Mountain West.

USC/UCLA/Oregon & the rest are falling off because Cali kids are overrated & don't really produce, imagine a state full of Orlando area kids. Also the coaching out there is suspect as ****

Advertisement
I think there is still a bit of a hangover from 2020 when 8 of the 9 top players in CA (89%) left the state, including two to UGA, the #1 player in CA (and the US to some) to Bama, the #3 player in CA to Clemson, and #4 to OSU. That's 56% of the top 9 "going east or south." Especially since two of those guys were potentially program elevating QB's.

I mean, 5x as many kids went to the east and south as stayed in state at USC, UCLA, CAL, Stanford, etc. COMBINED. Doesn't even include Oregon, Utah and Washington each picking one off too. The CA schools were pretty shook from that.

View attachment 149825
Yo That’s wild

Read an interview with Urban Meyer about recruiting when he was at Ohio State. Interesting that he mentioned that he didn't really focus on recruiting South Florida because he thought the players were too poorly coached in high school, making it hard to project how they would fare in college and also it would take them too long to learn the fundamentals. Maybe the coaching has gone downhill in Cali as well.

Also could be the case that fewer and fewer top athletes in Cali are choosing to play football and the good high school coaches have left the major cities because the rent is too **** high.
The ironic part is that 3 of Urb's best players at OSU were from Pembroke Pines & Lauderdale Lakes

The ironic part is that 3 of Urb's best players at OSU were from Pembroke Pines & Lauderdale Lakes

Yeah he definitely dipped into S Fl every once in a while but I don't think stacked his roster with S Fl players like Bama and UGA did (and still do).

Advertisement
Interesting that he mentioned that he didn't really focus on recruiting South Florida because he thought the players were too poorly coached in high school, making it hard to project how they would fare in college and also it would take them too long to learn the fundamentals.
Well if Urban teaches the fundamentals so well, why did Tebow have such horrible passing mechanics after 4 years in a P5 program?...and why did the Broncos have to go to a Pop Warner offense after Tebow took over?

Why did Meyer throw His cellphone after Ramon Buchanan flipped to The U?

Why did Meyer look $h!t faced after an O-Lineman from STA reinforced His commitment to The U?

Why did a Miami defense full of freshmen give His Florida offense all they could handle in 08'?

Why did His ACs blow $600 at a strip club in Miami on a recruiting visit?

TBH, Meyer's comment about South Florida coaches has a lot of racist undertones.

Well if Urban teaches the fundamentals so well, why did Tebow have such horrible passing mechanics after 4 years in a P5 program?...and why did the Broncos have to go to a Pop Warner offense after Tebow took over?

Why did Meyer throw His cellphone after Ramon Buchanan flipped to The U?

Why did Meyer look $h!t faced after an O-Lineman from STA reinforced His commitment to The U?

Why did a Miami defense full of freshmen give His Florida offense all they could handle in 08'?

Why did His ACs blow $600 at a strip club in Miami on a recruiting visit?

TBH, Meyer's comment about South Florida coaches has a lot of racist undertones.

Wasn't that DVD and not Ramon? That’s my recollection.

Advertisement
Back