A SoCal HS coach flat out admits the SEC and OSU pays kids... (now, with school names included)...

Except Arizona State is playing dirty the last 2 years....and mid 2000s Oregon was bag dropping across texas and elsewhere.

USC also got caught with Reggie Bush and others obviously.

The talent level on the west coast is just falling honestly...

It aint like a ton of cali kids are headed to southern schools really.
Ehh. Alot of the Cali talent transfers to either img or bishop Gorman(I obviously mean elite kids) I'm not sure I'd agree how talent is disappearing. Thing on the west coast that I've noticed more of is keeping them entertained with one sport or another. Out there it's all the normal sports, than skateboarding, music & gangs take away alot from that as well. Not to mention the obvious pull of drugs and human trafficking. Lol

Advertisement
I forgot who wrote it but there was a article a couple years ago that there was like 1 maybe 2 DL over 300 pounds in the state of California. Just little to no big guys out there.
That’s because people in Cali are fit. They eat much healthier out there. It’s a lifestyle

Read an interview with Urban Meyer about recruiting when he was at Ohio State. Interesting that he mentioned that he didn't really focus on recruiting South Florida because he thought the players were too poorly coached in high school, making it hard to project how they would fare in college and also it would take them too long to learn the fundamentals. Maybe the coaching has gone downhill in Cali as well.

Also could be the case that fewer and fewer top athletes in Cali are choosing to play football and the good high school coaches have left the major cities because the rent is too **** high.
The coaching is great in Cali

Well if Urban teaches the fundamentals so well, why did Tebow have such horrible passing mechanics after 4 years in a P5 program?...and why did the Broncos have to go to a Pop Warner offense after Tebow took over?

Why did Meyer throw His cellphone after Ramon Buchanan flipped to The U?

Why did Meyer look $h!t faced after an O-Lineman from STA reinforced His commitment to The U?

Why did a Miami defense full of freshmen give His Florida offense all they could handle in 08'?

Why did His ACs blow $600 at a strip club in Miami on a recruiting visit?

TBH, Meyer's comment about South Florida coaches has a lot of racist undertones.
Bro i love your posting but you know what he means by fundamentals. If you don’t get what he’s saying watch Miami play defense. He’s spot on.

Bro i love your posting but you know what he means by fundamentals. If you don’t get what he’s saying watch Miami play defense. He’s spot on.

Bro, most of these kids on our defense are far removed from HS, if they don't know how to tackle or read their keys by now that's on Manny Diaz, not the HS coach. Reminds me of Coley blaming HS coaches because His QBs had issues taking snaps under center. No kid comes out of HS or College as a finished product, smart coaches understand that and take it from there. Heck Rosseau was as raw as they come, and He did fine.

Advertisement
Bro, most of these kids on our defense are far removed from HS, if they don't know how to tackle or read their keys by now that's on Manny Diaz, not the HS coach. Reminds me of Coley blaming HS coaches because His QBs had issues taking snaps under center. No kid comes out of HS or College as a finished product, smart coaches understand that and take it from there. Heck Rosseau was as raw as they come, and He did fine.
To me it’s both. The Coach Smiths and Frazier’s of the world are no longer there. Many Florida kids are not finished products coming out of high school unlike Texas. That’s just fact. And I absolutely blame Diaz. Diaz job is to hire a staff that helps develop the athletes to get bigger stronger and smarter. Weather they are good players is on the staff to pick the right recruits. But everyone knows Florida kids come out with high potential. It just seems not as sound as years back. There’s a lot of And 1 crap that goes on.

Advertisement
Back