A note on Landon Ibieta

Advertisement
Some quotes from the LSU board on Ibieta:

Kid was amazing today at camp!! Won’t be surprised if he’s offered today!!

Was 5’11 191lbs today

Tiger Details said he was the best player in the afternoon session.

Couldn't run through the workouts for some reason though. Said he would have impressed, as he has legitimate track speed. Jimmy knows him from the Bootleggers im pretty sure

Watched this kid play basketball at Pelican Park several years ago when my son was playing in the same league, you could see it back then, he was on a whole different level than the other kids. Very gifted athlete with tremendous body control. Would love to see him in P&G

Ibieta is super twitchy and explosive with great hands. Thrilled to see him blowing up.

An old coach of Ibieta’s who knows Ensminger well is helping to put LSU on him. Pete Golding from Bama supposedly really likes him too. This kids recruitment may blow up if he’s able to camp this summer.

Check out this move:

The fluidity in his movement is great on that first play and his speed shows for sure, but that second play had me feeling some type of way. Helluva throw and catch and again, high points the ball perfectly. Definitely seems like a very reliable pass catcher with plenty of athleticism to boot

Wow he doesn’t look like an athlete at all in his pictures but the numbers don’t lie… that’s impressive

Advertisement
Stop will all the pushing kids out BS. Lee and “the white boy” are legit talent with similar traits. They have good size, great speed, fight hard on after the catch and on jump balls, and have great production. That’s all I need to know. This kid would be a solid 4 star if he had darker skin. The race movement is positive and needs to go all ways. IDGAF is the kid is the first Asian UM WR with tape and numbers like this…you take him and don’t look back. Or we could keep looking for the next Pope simply because he’s from Miami and balled out in 7s. If Pope at his size had light skin his best offer would’ve been FIU. It’s refreshing to see UM opening up their eyes. UM screwed the selves recruiting WRs based on color for 15 years.
Race and skin color don't matter, but you are way out of bounds with your comment. I don't think any coach is recruiting any position based on race/color unless you want to talk about QB 10+ years ago. You should also look at the dynamics of the sport. It's like saying the NBA only signs African American players which would be false, but nearly 3 in 4 are African American. Is that a bias towards African Americans or is it that they just happen be a majority of the best players?

Advertisement
Watched some tape on the kid. Will 100% see a bump in his ratings once summer camps have gone through.

Some have said it already, he does not look like a freak athlete, but he has a very natural feel for the game, he catches the ball really well, he sets his routes up nicely, he has good concentration with contested catches, he shows late hands... all the things you want in a receiver.

This program has made some negative experiences with 7v7 studs but this guy has some really nice tape with full pads on.

Advertisement
Nah lol
Ezzard was a tough SOB and in tbe right system I believe he could have been vauable but he was a square peg in a round hole in Richts offense. Richts offense lacked creativity and as a wideout you simply had to “out talent” the db with the basic concepts we ran.

....Ezzard wasn’t doing that lol. I think Ezzard would put up numbers in this offense though. Get him the pill quickly in short/intermediate & let him bully db’s because he was a RB with the ball. Ah well.

Ibieta has some deep ball ability because of his pure speed and quicks/separation ability.

If you were just being sarcastic, my bad lol.
That’s why Ibeita reminds me a bit of Cooper Kupp(no skin color bias). He’s gonna stretch the field but probably live in the middle of the field. We just don’t know how well he’ll catch in the middle of the field during gameday.

Advertisement
Lol. His athletic testing numbers are similar to Berrios’ coming out of high school. Remember, Braxton blew up the Spark test. Ibieta is a different player though. He’s bigger and is more of a downfield threat. He doesn’t have to play in the slot.

He definitely would have been a top 3 WR commit last year. People here forgetting that Jacolby George and Brashard Smith were both 3 star guys when they committed here.

I watched the kid here at Mills Pond park in Fort Lauderdale. Keep in mind there were roughly 30 Div. 1 wr's playing, maybe 15-20 FBS. No one was more productive than Ibieta. The DB' covering him were a who's who and he made them look bad. Not to mention, that Louisiana team smoked all the big name SoFlo teams, and won the championship. Please, give this kid his due.

Advertisement
Back