A note on Landon Ibieta

Lee is a better prospect with better tape. There’s no doubt as far as highlights are concerned. People saying we can drop Lee for this kid is a bigger concern. That’s a downgrade all around. Lee is bigger, faster, stronger, and has better production. Not saying this kid isn’t a take but he’s not a Lee replacement.
Lee is better than Ibieta regardless of what pigmentation they have.

Advertisement
Yes actually, I've seen all of his highlights. I think he's ok. Keyshawn Smith had legit film, Jeff Thomas had legit film, **** Harley had legit film. This guy is just nothing that would take us to the next level.
Harley has been a very productive receiver at UM. Thomas’s issues weren’t on-field ability. K. Smith is just starting out his career here. So your choice of analogies are interesting. Are you suggesting Ibieta has off-field issues like Thomas?

Personally, I like him as a prospect. We’ve **** the bed for ages at WR trying to take guys who popped off the screen physically, and too often they don’t translate. Too soft, don’t like contact, don’t block, don’t work hard enough, something. If we took more giys who just caught with their hands, used their bodies well, understood routes and blocking downfield, we’d be fine. Here this kid runs a 4.5 and jumps 37” per some other credible poster here. Maybe it’s a lie but have no reason to think that. Michael Irvin isn’t faster and doesn’t jump higher. Reggie Wayne didn’t run much faster and that was after 4 years of S&C.

Advertisement
Lee is a better prospect with better tape. There’s no doubt as far as highlights are concerned. People saying we can drop Lee for this kid is a bigger concern. That’s a downgrade all around. Lee is bigger, faster, stronger, and has better production. Not saying this kid isn’t a take but he’s not a Lee replacement.
I don’t agree. Lee is a bit more explosive in short area. Not quite as fast once moving. Not as technically advanced. I’m okay with Lee but he’s not some no brainer recruit. His biggest strength is he’s physical and Ibieta is, too, imo.

Harley has been a very productive receiver at UM. Thomas’s issues weren’t on-field ability. K. Smith is just starting out his career here. So your choice of analogies are interesting. Are you suggesting Ibieta has off-field issues like Thomas?

Personally, I like him as a prospect. We’ve **** the bed for ages at WR trying to take guys who popped off the screen physically, and too often they don’t translate. Too soft, don’t like contact, don’t block, don’t work hard enough, something. If we took more giys who just caught with their hands, used their bodies well, understood routes and blocking downfield, we’d be fine. Here this kid runs a 4.5 and jumps 37” per some other credible poster here. Maybe it’s a lie but have no reason to think that. Michael Irvin isn’t faster and doesn’t jump higher. Reggie Wayne didn’t run much faster and that was after 4 years of S&C.
I wish we were signing no-doubt first rounders by now, but if that’s not happening Iet’s err on the side of intangibles. Those are the WRs who succeed here.

Advertisement
I wish we were signing no-doubt first rounders by now, but if that’s not happening Iet’s err on the side of intangibles. Those are the WRs who succeed here.
Agree but I’m not sure there are many no doubt first rounders at WR in any class. Sure, there’s a cooper, jeudy every so often. But we’re not pulling top 3-5 prospects at WR yet. This kid seems like a low risk take and I’m not at all sure he won’t be better than many more hyped wrs we’ve taken the past 15 years. Folks talk like he runs a 4.7.

@SSCane name one white WR to play meaningful snaps at UM before Berrios since the early 80s. I played with white WRs that were much better and faster than some black WRs that had power 5 offers. I know at least a dozen from Duval. It was absolutely a stigma in the 90s and most of 2000s. A UM coach told our HC we needed more speed who offered another local WR. We smoked the kid with the offer on 100 hurdles, 100, and 440 relay. Luckily he chose UF. Then flamed out like most UF WRs. I think it’s awesome to see skin color meaning nothing regardless of position. It’s about **** time.
David Kintigh

Advertisement
I haven't even watched his tape yet, but from what I'm hearing I think he's a good take. Catches with his hands, runs good routes, fast, and tough. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Advertisement
Yes actually, I've seen all of his highlights. I think he's ok. Keyshawn Smith had legit film, Jeff Thomas had legit film, **** Harley had legit film. This guy is just nothing that would take us to the next level.
JT4 was elite, and still could've been elite had Enos made him the #1 target and had Rosier been able to deliver the ball...horrible comparison......Keyshawn Smitty is still in development, Years 2 and 3 will be telling....Harley, all the respect in the world for how he's turned it around since middle of last year, BUT Harley HS film wasn't exactly blow coaches away material....he had speed and played good competition so you take the gamble plus he's a high character kid so off the field stuff is almost guaranteed to be non-existent.....

Advertisement
Back