A note on Landon Ibieta

Advertisement
Need a big body receiver. Lee might lose his spot if he keeps playing around, good player but not above being pushed out.
How is he playing around? What did I miss?

EDIT: NVM just saw the other thread

Last edited:
Stop will all the pushing kids out BS. Lee and “the white boy” are legit talent with similar traits. They have good size, great speed, fight hard on after the catch and on jump balls, and have great production. That’s all I need to know. This kid would be a solid 4 star if he had darker skin. The race movement is positive and needs to go all ways. IDGAF is the kid is the first Asian UM WR with tape and numbers like this…you take him and don’t look back. Or we could keep looking for the next Pope simply because he’s from Miami and balled out in 7s. If Pope at his size had light skin his best offer would’ve been FIU. It’s refreshing to see UM opening up their eyes. UM screwed the selves recruiting WRs based on color for 15 years.
@SSCane name one white WR to play meaningful snaps at UM before Berrios since the early 80s. I played with white WRs that were much better and faster than some black WRs that had power 5 offers. I know at least a dozen from Duval. It was absolutely a stigma in the 90s and most of 2000s. A UM coach told our HC we needed more speed who offered another local WR. We smoked the kid with the offer on 100 hurdles, 100, and 440 relay. Luckily he chose UF. Then flamed out like most UF WRs. I think it’s awesome to see skin color meaning nothing regardless of position. It’s about **** time.

Advertisement
Stop will all the pushing kids out BS. Lee and “the white boy” are legit talent with similar traits. They have good size, great speed, fight hard on after the catch and on jump balls, and have great production. That’s all I need to know. This kid would be a solid 4 star if he had darker skin. The race movement is positive and needs to go all ways. IDGAF is the kid is the first Asian UM WR with tape and numbers like this…you take him and don’t look back. Or we could keep looking for the next Pope simply because he’s from Miami and balled out in 7s. If Pope at his size had light skin his best offer would’ve been FIU. It’s refreshing to see UM opening up their eyes. UM screwed the selves recruiting WRs based on color for 15 years.
You really have to be that person?

I don’t hate it. I think Berrios is more comprable to Beasley though. Ibieta is a legit 5’11>. Berrios & Beasley are both barely 5’9. Beasley can scoot though and has insane quicks, as does Berrios. Beasley is also limited to playing inside, IF those numbers for Ibieta are true, he can def play outside at that size too.

Obviously, we would all be thrilled if he produced like Beasley. Good discussion.

I don’t hate it. I think Berrios is more comprable to Beasley though. Ibieta is a legit 5’11>. Berrios & Beasley are both barely 5’9. Beasley can scoot though and has insane quicks, as does Berrios. Beasley is also limited to playing inside, IF those numbers for Ibieta are true, he can def play outside at that size too.

Obviously, we would all be thrilled if he produced like Beasley. Good discussion.
Lmfao

I legitimately picked the first "short" white WR to pop into my head fam lmfao

Advertisement
If those are his actual measurables and he's still growing?

Very intriguing how this plays out

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lee is a better prospect with better tape. There’s no doubt as far as highlights are concerned. People saying we can drop Lee for this kid is a bigger concern. That’s a downgrade all around. Lee is bigger, faster, stronger, and has better production. Not saying this kid isn’t a take but he’s not a Lee replacement.

The staff needs to do a better job recruiting WRs if that's the case.
That’s an odd comment. You’re so sure he’s not good?

I mean, we haven’t recruited the position well, but folks on these sites get super excited when we sign highly touted guys like leggett, moore, jolla, aldarius et al. Here we got a kid with a 4.5 flat 4-0, 37” vertical, 4.0 shuttle, physical, uses body and hands, great blocker for position (underrated importance), and folks here are already considering him a plab B. Why?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back