A note on Landon Ibieta

Advertisement
No info on that, but the tea leaves suggest he is on shaky ground.

if we strike out on Gibson and Horton, I’m guessing we keep both. Fwiw, as if 2023 doesn’t have a lot of top notch WRs, that bootleggers team has a stud kid - Broussard.

Márquez Ezzard??

Nah lol
Ezzard was a tough SOB and in tbe right system I believe he could have been vauable but he was a square peg in a round hole in Richts offense. Richts offense lacked creativity and as a wideout you simply had to “out talent” the db with the basic concepts we ran.

....Ezzard wasn’t doing that lol. I think Ezzard would put up numbers in this offense though. Get him the pill quickly in short/intermediate & let him bully db’s because he was a RB with the ball. Ah well.

Ibieta has some deep ball ability because of his pure speed and quicks/separation ability.

If you were just being sarcastic, my bad lol.

Advertisement
I know ya’ll don’t mean to do it, but does every white WR we recruit have to be Berrios/Restrepo? Got **** lol.
Kid is not like berrios at all. Lines up everywhere and makes plays all over the field. They use him on short, deep and intermediate throws. solid route runner too, gets himself open a ton.

I'll be honest. I don't quite understand the move, but I do like him more than Lee. With limited space, I didn't think we would take more than 2 wideouts and out big fish are still out there. Again, I do like this kid more than Lee and those numbers are top tier. Thanks.

...we NEED Gibson.
What’s not to understand. His numbers are great, he fights for the ball, uses his body and blocks downfield as well as any WR in the class.

He’s a top 3 WR any year for us.

Advertisement
Stop will all the pushing kids out BS. Lee and “the white boy” are legit talent with similar traits. They have good size, great speed, fight hard on after the catch and on jump balls, and have great production. That’s all I need to know. This kid would be a solid 4 star if he had darker skin. The race movement is positive and needs to go all ways. IDGAF is the kid is the first Asian UM WR with tape and numbers like this…you take him and don’t look back. Or we could keep looking for the next Pope simply because he’s from Miami and balled out in 7s. If Pope at his size had light skin his best offer would’ve been FIU. It’s refreshing to see UM opening up their eyes. UM screwed the selves recruiting WRs based on color for 15 years.

Advertisement
Stop will all the pushing kids out BS. Lee and “the white boy” are legit talent with similar traits. They have good size, great speed, fight hard on after the catch and on jump balls, and have great production. That’s all I need to know. This kid would be a solid 4 star if he had darker skin. The race movement is positive and needs to go all ways. IDGAF is the kid is the first Asian UM WR with tape and numbers like this…you take him and don’t look back. Or we could keep looking for the next Pope simply because he’s from Miami and balled out in 7s. If Pope at his size had light skin his best offer would’ve been FIU. It’s refreshing to see UM opening up their eyes. UM screwed the selves recruiting WRs based on color for 15 years.
Wtf are you talking about?

What’s not to understand. His numbers are great, he fights for the ball, uses his body and blocks downfield as well as any WR in the class.

He’s a top 3 WR any year for us.

You think he would have been top 3 with the class we signed for ‘21?

Advertisement
Nah lol
Ezzard was a tough SOB and in tbe right system I believe he could have been vauable but he was a square peg in a round hole in Richts offense. Richts offense lacked creativity and as a wideout you simply had to “out talent” the db with the basic concepts we ran.

....Ezzard wasn’t doing that lol. I think Ezzard would put up numbers in this offense though. Get him the pill quickly in short/intermediate & let him bully db’s because he was a RB with the ball. Ah well.

Ibieta has some deep ball ability because of his pure speed and quicks/separation ability.

If you were just being sarcastic, my bad lol.
Good info. Love it. I was being a little sarcastic as he was, for some reason, the first non white guy that popped into my head, lol.

but, but, I appreciate the analysis because this kid seems a bit tough like Ezzard. Maybe that’s why, lol

@DMoney , When were those testing numbers taken? There's a You Tube out there from January where they claim he's run a 4.44. Does anyone know if he's gotten bigger and faster? Happens all the time for late bloomers, and this Landon seems to fit the definition of a late bloomer.

I believe we can do better than this. Idc what his number are, there are ALOT better targets out there.
poop GIF

Have you watched his film?

the testing numbers don’t impress you?
Yes actually, I've seen all of his highlights. I think he's ok. Keyshawn Smith had legit film, Jeff Thomas had legit film, **** Harley had legit film. This guy is just nothing that would take us to the next level.

Advertisement
Back